Pet Peeves On Cc

Lounge By cutthecake Updated 28 Nov 2010 , 7:07pm by KathysCC

SinfulSweets86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SinfulSweets86 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 4:37pm
post #331 of 351

I don't think so because I'm not using profanities, I'm not insulting anyone... I'm not breaking any rules at all...

Kisses

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 4:51pm
post #332 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulSweets86

lol... wow... CWR41 is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You've been called out for being rude. Seriously... Do you honestly go throughout your life talking to and about people like this? I bet you're not married because if you were you wouldn't act like that. You would be most happy.

Samantha is sad for you icon_sad.gif

Your comments don't make any sense. I was never rude, I actually helped you about your pet peeve when you said others were rude with my response that it isn't allowed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

I don't know where that has been happening during the last 6 days since you've joined, but it isn't allowed and those members can get banned unless specific requests for opinions were asked about their work.

I never "talked" about anyone like whatever this is. My only other post to you was a question about where your posts went... how is my question rude, and why are you avoiding it? (I've since learned why they were deleted, so it isn't necessary to respond.) Speaking of rudeness, I haven't questioned your happiness, but yes, I am most happy. icon_biggrin.gif Profanities?????

SinfulSweets86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SinfulSweets86 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 4:56pm
post #333 of 351

lol... I'm not avoiding it... I don't know where it is. My husband found it and showed it to me.

Profanities are swear words... icon_wink.gif

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 5:03pm
post #334 of 351

People who put posts topics that say how can I........
Have you noticed the or ice of........
I do you......

Like we all have all the time in the world and look at every single topic posting. No. And I'm not even a cake professional. I'm pretty sure those that do caking for a living do not have the time to open every message either. And there is still the matter of Internet speed and dial up too.

The reason why you have a topic title is to succinctly state what the subject is about. This is good for those of us with very little time. You will get a better quality answer if you target your subject to hit the right person, not be cute.

And then once the question has been answered it is much, much easier to be able to do a search afterwards.

Boy, that felt good to rant about that pet peeve.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 7:16pm
post #335 of 351

SS86 - how many pages are you going to write just to call out CWR - good grief - enough already.

your not Insulting - thats for CC members to decide -
but this Kisses - is condescending.

Its getting old ..................... move on............ thankyou

*yawn*

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 11:56pm
post #336 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulSweets86

I don't think so because I'm not using profanities, I'm not insulting anyone... I'm not breaking any rules at all...

Kisses

Acceptable Behavior on CakeCentral.com
(10-1-2009)

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-661107-.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie

Ladies and Gentlemen of CakeCentral:

Over the last month or so there has been an unsettling increase in the volume and frequency of petty bickering in the forums.

This behavior is completely unacceptable and against the spirit of Cake Central.

The moderators and administrators are fed up with trying to keep up with this ugliness and trying to keep the peace.

Quite frankly, Heath and I are disgusted with the behavior of a handful of members and we are putting an end to it.

Consider this message fair notice to everyone. The leniency is over. We are going to start banning any member we feel is starting problems, provoking others, making snide remarks, or insulting other members.

I don't care if we have to ban 1000 users if that is what it takes to get this community back to focusing on cakes instead of inter-personal drama.

We are all supposed to be here to talk politely about cake, support each other, and lend a helping hand.

If you don't agree with someone, by all means.... disagree, but do it respectfully.

If someone asks for your constructive criticism, then give it... constructively.

If you find yourself unable to write a post, PM, or response in a constructive, encouraging or supportive way then you need to walk away.

Remember, this community is based on values of caring, and generosity of spirit.

Focus on what you share in common, learn from what makes you different, support each other through struggles, and celebrate each others' success.

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 26 Oct 2010 , 2:01pm
post #337 of 351

Two words.. marshmellow and carmel. Like nails on a chalkboard.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 1:40pm
post #338 of 351

Forgive me if this was already mentioned.

One of my pet peeves people who are registered members since forever, take a year or more to make their first post, then have the nerve to say they are very new to cake decorating.

If someone's been lurking around here that long, then they should already know the answer, or how to find the answer in the archives or articles, regardless as to how much baking or decorating they actually do.

Another is members who know how to ask questions, and always expect answers, but never contribute a reply to someone else's questions.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

CWR41 Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 2:53pm
post #339 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

One of my pet peeves people who are registered members since forever...

thumbs_up.gif

Or for three years or more, and they've never seen a serving guide or read some of the answers to the very same question.

(also, those that don't have a clue how to run a business that they own!)

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 31 Oct 2010 , 6:51pm
post #340 of 351

My CC Pet Peeves are:
- Asking a question that could have been answered with a search.
- Personal attacks. If you don't like what someone said, just ignore it and move on.
- Pictures without keywords.
- Vague topics

I would love to see mouse overs on the pictures and the posts. It would allow me to see more of everything.

playingwithsugar Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 2:20am
post #341 of 351

Here's another, more recent one.

Within the past two weeks, I have seen 4 cakes that have had decorations photoshopped onto them. I can understand photoshopping a background, because hey, who wants to see someone's kitchen table or counter.

But really, folks, why do these people think we cannot tell that these decorations are added on via computer? Not only are we not stupid, but some of us have had really technical, detail-oriented jobs, during our lifetime. We can pick out a phoney faster than we can pick our noses.

And I totally agree about questions whose answers can be found in the archives. CC has been around since at least 2004. I think a question or two may have been answered, and can be found by learning how to use the options in the search section of the forums tab.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 2:47am
post #342 of 351
Quote:

Within the past two weeks, I have seen 4 cakes that have had decorations photoshopped onto them.

Wow...really? Wow. I'm speechless...and curious. Did they have a lot of favorites icon_twisted.gif?

Bluehue Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 2:49am
post #343 of 351
Quote:

Here's another, more recent one.

Within the past two weeks, I have seen 4 cakes that have had decorations photoshopped onto them.
icon_surprised.gif get out !!!!- truely - i would never have thought of anyone doing that - but then i don't have a bakcground in technical oriented bizzo.
I am rather icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif that people do that - whats the purpose?

if you can't create it - why fake it

Bluehue

I can understand photoshopping a background, because hey, who wants to see someone's kitchen table or counter.

But really, folks, why do these people think we cannot tell that these decorations are added on via computer? Not only are we not stupid, but some of us have had really technical, detail-oriented jobs, during our lifetime. We can pick out a phoney faster than we can pick our noses.

And I totally agree about questions whose answers can be found in the archives. CC has been around since at least 2004. I think a question or two may have been answered, and can be found by learning how to use the options in the search section of the forums tab.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Bluehue Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 2:51am
post #344 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

Quote:

Wow...really? Wow. I'm speechless...and curious. Did they have a lot of favorites icon_twisted.gif?

LOLLL - SNAP - we both icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif at the same time

Bluehue.

playingwithsugar Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 3:20am
post #345 of 351

One of them did, but I did not look at the others to see if they were favorited or not. That one, in particular, had a design feature that looked like it was defying gravity, which is probably why others faved it.

Another one had a damask design shopped to it.

It ticks me off so much, to know that people think we're so stupid that we can't pick it out. I've been on CC too long to not know what a real decoration on a cake looks like.

I have a very technical eye, having worked in inspections in the microcircuitry industry many years ago, and was able to spot them after a good, long stare. I then copied the one I spotted today to my desktop and enlarged it on mspaint to make sure before making my comments here.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 4:04am
post #346 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLuLu

Two words.. marshmellow and carmel. Like nails on a chalkboard.

Now I will admit Wikipedia which is where this quote is from is not like Encyclopedia Britanica (probably mispelled some of that--double t or double n or something) but

Quote:
Quote:

The marshmallow (Marsh Mallow or marshmellow) is a confection that, in its modern form, typically consists of sugar or corn syrup, water, gelatin that has been softened in hot water, dextrose, flavourings, and sometimes colouring, whipped to a spongy consistency. Some marshmallow recipes call for eggs.[1] This confection is the modern version of a medicinal confection made from Althaea officinalis, the marshmallow plant.[1]

Marshmellow is an alternate spelling. I've even seen in a dictionary which is why I used to spell it that way till I got all weirded out by people not appreciating alternative less popular spellings. I still love wala for viola too or even walala--so much more expressive.

I spell grey g-r-e-y--that's less popular too.

So my pet peeve is when your pet peeve is unappreciative of my artful creative not part of the incrowd spelling. icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not owning carmel--I'll let Clint Eastwood do that He used to be the mayor of Carmel by The Sea.

I'm even gonna try & go back to marshmellow--I've been noticing the cool winds blowing on that word but walalala.

CWR41 Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 3:50pm
post #347 of 351

Just adding a post to see if I can view the recent page. Will page 24 load for anyone or do you also get an error message? (maybe it doesn't really exist yet???)

Edited to add: I guess that was the problem... the page 24 option was blank so it wouldn't display.

Elcee Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 4:53pm
post #348 of 351

CWR41, I couldn't see page 24 last night but can this morning.

Re: the photoshopped cakes. Have you contacted (or are you planning to contact) anyone besides posting here? For instance the gallery moderator or Jackie; maybe even start a new thread of it's own. I realize there's probably not much that can be done about it but I kind of think members should be outraged over this.

I will admit, unless a pic is BADLY photoshopped, I can't pick them out icon_smile.gif.

playingwithsugar Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 5:12pm
post #349 of 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

CWR41, I couldn't see page 24 last night but can this morning.

Re: the photoshopped cakes. Have you contacted (or are you planning to contact) anyone besides posting here? For instance the gallery moderator or Jackie; maybe even start a new thread of it's own. I realize there's probably not much that can be done about it but I kind of think members should be outraged over this.

I will admit, unless a pic is BADLY photoshopped, I can't pick them out icon_smile.gif.

I did not keep any information about the cakes in question, as I was really PO'd about them, and knew if I kept them in my faves as a reference, I'd only end up in a PM battle with the members who did it. I have neither notified anyone, nor will I start a thread about it. I'm in the doghouse enough as it is around here, and do not need to be banned for starting a war.

I'm now sorry I even mentioned it, because I've received too many PMs asking who they are.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Elcee Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 5:25pm
post #350 of 351

Gotcha, Theresa! thumbs_up.gif

KathysCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathysCC Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 7:07pm
post #351 of 351

I'm Kathy, the photo gallery moderator. If you see a photoshopped cake photo being posted as a real cake, then please report the photo. Unless these photos are being displayed as sketches, they should not be in the galleries and I will take care of them.

Thanks for all of your help. This site is for all of us and it is up to all of us to watch over it and keep it "about the cake".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%