Which One Do You Like Better??

Decorating By mom2twogrlz Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 12:10am by mamawrobin

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 7

Please excuse my artwork, but I did a quick sketch and need your advise.

This is my rough sketch for a cake I am doing right now. It is a rock star/neon theme. I decided to add a 3rd layer to the cake with the layer ruffling look, airbrushed with different neon colors.

These are the three layers, separated by a clear box which will have lights and diamonds in them and a bar of musical notes going around it.

My question is...Which layer should go where? I kind of feel like the stars should go on top, but afraid the break in color would look weird. What do you think?
LL

6 replies
Cakegirl313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakegirl313 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 7

I like it the way you have it sketched out. I think since you have stars sticking out of the top then you shouldn't put the star tier right under it. This way it is seperated. The cake looks like it will be great. Good Luck

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:06pm
post #3 of 7

I agree, I like the way you have it in your drawing. Should be awesome when you're done. Don't forget to post it for us.

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:10pm
post #4 of 7

I like it the way that you have it too.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:19pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks guys. I will need some luck and a really good caking day!!! I am trying several things I have never done before and have little to no time for error. It's a last minute request from a friend. Why oh why do I do this to myself?????

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 7

I agree with the other posters on this one. I like it exactly how it is sketched out.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 12:10am
post #7 of 7

I agree. I like the way you have it sketched out. Cute cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%