Radio Flyer Cake

Decorating By taste Updated 6 Jul 2010 , 9:56pm by Montrealconfections

taste Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taste Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 2:32am
post #1 of 6

Hello All,
I am making a Radio Flyer wagon for this coming weekend...wnated to make it all edible but having a hard time figuring out what to do the handle out of...cereal treat I don't think will hold up b/c the handle is really long...any thoughts? edible or non edible? would love suggestions. thanks!!

5 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 2:35pm
post #2 of 6

What does a radio flyer look like? Do u hv a pic or link?

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 6

Maybe you could use a wire armature and wrap it with Rice Krispies Treats. I don't know how else you could get the d-shaped part of the handle. Or PVC pipe or a dowel, then wire for the D-shaped handle.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 2:44pm
post #4 of 6

I did a radio flyer push wagon. I used cookiesfor the sides. the rail to connect them together, I did a hard popcorn ball recipe but used rice cereal. It held up excellent. I rolled it out then inserted in a chocolate tube to cover it. It was perfectly smooth and white. You could you dark chocolate for a pull along wagon and do the same.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 9:35pm
post #5 of 6

Ok, those are too cute. I have no idea but I'm glad the others can help you out. Good luck

Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 9:56pm
post #6 of 6

I just goggled it there are so many versions which is the one you want? I would make the wheels out of cookies, for the handle to be safe why not use a covered wood dowel for that. As for the wagon part I'd drape some red gum paste on the back of a rectangle Pyrex pan looks like the same shape let this dry for at least a week (extreme humidity these days + the fact that air won't be getting to 1 side of it you'll need amply drying time) then flip it over Voila! red wagon place it on top of a black rectangle cake stick the wheels in place, you could make a stencil for the logo which you could apply in RI while the red gum paste is still on the Pyrex for support.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%