Minimum Order?

Baking By sadie423 Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 2:23pm by adamsmom

sadie423 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadie423 Posted 30 Jun 2010 , 10:44pm
post #1 of 6

Do you have a minimum order amount for cupcakes of each flavor? I usually do 1 dozen min. even though most of my recipes make 2 doz...since it gives me room to pick my 12 best ones, in case anything happens in transport, etc.

I have an email order for a sheet cake and 2 doz cupcakes- but she mentioned 3 different flavors in those 2 dozen. Do you charge extra if they go against the minimum order or maybe I should I tell her I have a 1 doz min per flavor and see if she picks 2 flavors or adds another dozen?

5 replies
awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 5 Jul 2010 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 6

I haven't set a minimum order yet, but I am thinking about it. Could you possibly split the batter up before you flavor it?

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 6

I have a minimum with my cookie trays. 3 doz per flavor. Usually when I do these it's for several dozen, so it's not a problem.

I had one lady order 3 single cookies last year (these were my large cookies on a stick $5 a piece) and wanted one vanilla and 2 almond. I was already doing others in vanilla, so I wasn't going to make a whole batch in almond for 2 cookies.

shalini1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalini1 Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 6

hi there!

I put a minimum of 1 dz cupcakes for my order (1 flavour). Unfortunately, it just doesn't make sense logistically to make anything less especially since I don't have a store where I can sell the excess. If you weigh your recipe and tweak it, you can at least make it by the dozen. Eventually, making too much of something will just end up hurting your bottom line so definitely look into trying to make just the right amount. You can also try to refrigerate the left over batter and it will last 2 weeks.

HTH

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 6 Jul 2010 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 6

I have a minimum for cupcakes and cookie flavors. When I didn't, I would get the same calls, 2 of that flavor, 2 of that, etc. Are you kidding me, go to a bakery.

adamsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsmom Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 2:23pm
post #6 of 6

I have a minimum of 1 doz per flavor. This uses about 1/2 of my batter that I make up and I freeze the rest for up to 2 weeks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%