How To Change This Cake?

Decorating By robyndmy Updated 10 Jun 2010 , 8:46am by sweettreat101

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 11

I have an order for a baptism cake, and they sent this photo in to me, which I then found on Pink Cake Box's site. I think it's gorgeous as is, but am wondering how to make it unique without changing it too much. I want to give the customer what they want, without being a complete copy cat. icon_redface.gif

Thanks for your ideas! Oh, and it will just be a standard 6 inch round.

10 replies
greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 11

You could put a giant bow on top & the cross on the front side...

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 11

wish I could help...but the design is so simple and elegant, I honestly can't visualize anything else! I suppose you could make the cross differently...do a different bow. Use tiny pink flowers instead of the dots...I don't know. That's all I can think of, and that's not much! Good luck!

Alexsmommee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alexsmommee Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 11

I like quilted sides. Not too small though. Maybe your customer would like it.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=baptism&w=25863947%40N05 I like the cakes here. Maybe it will give you an idea. She does lots of quilted sides.

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 9:41pm
post #5 of 11

Maybe add a white cake board with pink ribbon around the edge. Once you remove that cake from the rose colored plate, it will look different, IMO. I like the idea of changing the cross. You can still make a simple cross, and keep it elegant. Good luck.

GL79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GL79 Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 9:42pm
post #6 of 11

Change the design of the cross. Look thru the gallery they have good samples.

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 11

instead of the cross on top you can put a picture of the baby and make the dots a little bigger from the sides

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 9:53pm
post #8 of 11

I think all it needs is a more ornate cross made ahead out of gumpaste or fondant.... and then you could maybe add some short little ribbons coming out of the bow. Otherwise I'd pretty much keep it as-is, really....unless the customer wanted it much different.

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 9 Jun 2010 , 11:42pm
post #9 of 11

Oh you guys are lots of help, thank you!! I'll browse for some different cross ideas... but I might do little pink flowers for it, I like that idea. I'm tempted to quilt the sides too now, although I've never done it before!

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 8:35am
post #10 of 11

What about making the cross out of white chocolate with a candy mold. I buy white chocolate crosses at a cake store one because they are only 1.00 and you can't beat the price. Has a nice pattern and they brush the cross with pearl luster dust.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 10 Jun 2010 , 8:46am
post #11 of 11

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%