Cupcake Wars

Lounge By cutthecake Updated 14 Jun 2010 , 8:25pm by CWR41

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 4:57pm
post #1 of 19

FoodNetwork just ran a commercial for a new show to debut in the fall (I think) called Cupcake Wars. I know they had a version of the show last year. There's no information yet on their web site, though.

18 replies
Peanut1027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peanut1027 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:11pm
post #2 of 19

Doesn'T WE tv have another show called wedding cake masters? I'm so obessed with anthing cake I'll watch what ever they put on. The only other cake show I know of is of course challenge, cake boss and amazing wedding cakes (which hasn't had any new episodes on...all re-runs) Do you know of any other shows I might be missing? Thanks

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:12pm
post #3 of 19

I think WE has a show called "Amazing Wedding Cakes".

kristieanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristieanna Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 19

I just saw the commercial for Cupcake Wars as well.

Kpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kpow Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:06pm
post #5 of 19
floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:19pm
post #6 of 19

Starts 6/15 at 9:00 PM on the Food Network.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 3 Jun 2010 , 6:24pm
post #7 of 19

Cant forget Ace of Cakes that started it all. WE also ran a show that I had TIVOed called The Art Of the Cake Part II. I never saw part one but the second one had the lady from Martha Stewarts books and a few others like Bronwen, Mike McCarey, Ron Bon Israel, and ofcourse Sylvia. Had some really amazing cakes on their. Ofcourse I never recorded it to dvd and our dvr decided to fry a few months ago. So its lost now. icon_sad.gif
I had heard that there was a show about cupcakes which I thought TLC was running. It had a sister&sister business out of Maryland as one of the people. I think it was going to be like Cake Boss and the Amazing Wedding Cake series. But they were having problems with coming up with a name on it. WE also did a show Called Wedding Cake Wars or something like that, that was filmed at the Great American Cake Show last year. They didnt do it again this year though.
But Im like you, I search for cake shows all the time. My hubby had recorded a couple for me one was how to do a space ship and a doll cake. It was geared torward newbies to the cake world or moms that wanted to make their kids cakes.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 10:41pm
post #8 of 19

Yeah!!! I'm excited about Cupcake Wars! Thanks for letting us know!

Rebealuvsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebealuvsweets Posted 6 Jun 2010 , 11:01pm
post #9 of 19

Thanks, cutthecake!!!!I love all things involved with baking and decorating...Can hardly wait to c the show!!!!

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 12:17am
post #10 of 19

W network has a show called Cupcake Girls...2 best friends in Vancouver BC who have cupcake shops. I have watched a few episodes but quickly realized it is all about personalities and nothng about baking (the "girls" are business owners, they don't bake!!!)

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 12:46am
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by floral1210

Starts 6/15 at 9:00 PM on the Food Network.

I just read that it starts on Sunday, June 13, rather than 15.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/cupcake-wars/index.html

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 7 Jun 2010 , 12:57am
post #12 of 19

According to FoodNetwork.com, Cupcake Wars premieres on Sunday, June 13, at 10P EDT/9P CDT, with another episode on Tuesday, June 15 at 9P EDT/8P CDT. Then more new episodes will be on June 20, 22, & 27.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/cupcake-wars/index.html

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 6:11am
post #13 of 19

I just watched episode 3 from June 13th. It bothered me to see just how much everyone was touching their hair, face, hair, forehead, hair, eyes, and more playing with hair... parting it and tucking it behind their ears! Ewww!!!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:29pm
post #14 of 19

I watched the episode last night as well. They certainly went for big personalities, didn't they? Salmon cupcake? Somehow I just can't imagine that. I dont' want to say too much for the people who didnt' see last night's episode yet.

SPCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCC Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:33pm
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

I just watched episode 3 from June 13th. It bothered me to see just how much everyone was touching their hair, face, hair, forehead, hair, eyes, and more playing with hair... parting it and tucking it behind their ears! Ewww!!!

I was grossed out as well.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 3:45pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Yeah, I noticed that, too. All in all, I wasn't that impressed and most likely won't continue to watch. I thought the majority of the flavors sounded awful. And the baker who won was very rude to the assistants the show provided. She pretty much announced that she would be, by saying that she doesn't say please or thank you but no matter how busy or stressed, that kind of behavior is uncalled for.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 6:09pm
post #17 of 19

I watched last night and I am not impressed. I will give it another couple of shows to "hook" me, but then I will say adios if things have not improved. Some of the "gourmet" flavors sounded very unappetizing. And the competition was just not very exciting to me.

However, if I was one of the competitors and needed to bake 1000 cupcakes in 2 hours and was working with strangers, I might not be very pleasant to work with either, especially if there was a $10,000 prize riding on my success (or failure) to complete the task.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 7:46pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

However, if I was one of the competitors and needed to bake 1000 cupcakes in 2 hours and was working with strangers, I might not be very pleasant to work with either, especially if there was a $10,000 prize riding on my success (or failure) to complete the task.

I might agree with you if she had started out treating them courteously and then got totally stressed out by the circumstances but that is not the way it appeared. It's not like the competitors don't know what will be expected of them if they make it to the finals.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Jun 2010 , 8:25pm
post #19 of 19

Weird... tried to watch episode 2 on the DVR (description was different from episode 3 and it listed the original air date as 6-22-10!!), but it was the same as what aired on the 13th. Oh well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%