Can You Belive This Guy?

Lounge By motherofgrace Updated 13 May 2010 , 8:32pm by tonedna

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:10am
post #1 of 80

I was at a new market, and i was setting up. And a friend of a vendor comes over and reads my sign (dream it bake it eat it) then laughs to himself and says too me, oh ic ... THATS why your FAT, cuz you eat it all!

Then he laughed again and walked away!

I was in so much shock! And i cried to my hubby.

WTH was that????

79 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:18am
post #2 of 80

I,m sorry , that he said that to you. I would have been hurt also. So many ruthless people in the world today.They don,t care what they say and how it makes you feel. Just throw it over your shoulders and you will feel better.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:22am
post #3 of 80

Now that is just horrible. I can't believe the stuff that people say to others. Are they that miserable with themselves that they have to drag everyone else down too. So sorry that happened to you.

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:24am
post #4 of 80

Awww. ((( hugs))) I cant believe someone would say that to ANYONE!!! If someone were to say something like that to me... one of two things would happen.
1) I would look and smile and say "At least you know they are so good i cant stop eating them"
or
2) He would have gotten a face FULL of samples!!!
Maybe both!
But you just shrug him off... Karma is a #$%^h!

scentualwolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scentualwolf Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:30am
post #5 of 80

Hon i had sort of a similar thing but concerning people could get sick eating my baking and sue. It was at a Sportsman show and i was selling cupcakes as well as my doggie baking and doggie clothing which i have been selling for years and for the two days this "gentleman" who is a member of the organization putting on the even would harrass me. He even went so far as to bring along another member --i guess to intimidate me. You see, crafters only pay $15.00 per table and businesses pay $130.00 per booth. he wanted me to pay $130.00 since he doesn't consider what i do an artform. He tried this same tactic with another crafter and she pulled out.. I was so shocked at the behaviour and now i am mad so i will be writting a letter in the local paper to educate him a little.

Hold your head up high. Heck next time carry a water bottle with those little tips on the end and pretend to trip and squirt them with water.

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:30am
post #6 of 80

note for next time.... "maybe but youre ugly"

((hugs)) what an incredibly insensitive thing to say and i sorry his words upset you... take heart that there are better people in the world and if this is how he behaves then im guessing there isnt alot of love in his life

motherofgrace Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:34am
post #7 of 80

thanks everyone!

im ok now, it was just unbelivable!!!

And im not fat, im fluffy!!!! LMAO!

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:37am
post #8 of 80

I had a guy tell me the only reason I look young was because I was fat, that was a few months ago but today while in line at the atm a young guy started harassing and elderly lady, I usually keep to myself but you dont mess with the elder;y I told him if I couldnt show him how to act right the police could...he was even threating to hit her...what is wrong with these crazy people???? Im so sorry this happened to you, next time tell him you can fix fat but he cant fix stupid...

JustKateCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustKateCreations Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:39am
post #9 of 80

I had one of those with an old Battle Axe who walked by my booth at a craft show around Christmas Time and looked at me and said "Oh those are too pretty to eat I dont know why anyone would buy those" I really wanted to tell her that just because she was old didn't give her the right to be rude! But i just smiled and ignored her but it still made me very angry, just because i'm in my 20's doesn't mean that I'm not good at what i do and just because it looks awesome doesnt mean it doesnt taste just as good.

I think that people like my experience and yours are just jealous of the fact that they are mentally challenged when it comes to making things look good and taste good too. Keep your head up and next time give him a little Beverly Hillbillies California Hello...if you know what i mean.....doubt he'll do that again. icon_smile.gif

aarklay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aarklay Posted 9 May 2010 , 5:50am
post #10 of 80

What a disgusting immature low life to say that. Sorry that happened to you. I just had a look at your cute website. You are definately not fat and the work you do is beautiful. I know it's easier said then done to forget it but keep your pride and remember you are awesome and so blessed! That guy isn't worth a spot in your thoughts icon_razz.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:04am
post #11 of 80

that my dear.. is what one would call a lame-ass-idiot !!

Next time tell him.... I'm fat. You're ungly. But I can diet! icon_lol.gif

sorry he was so rude. I would have thrown a cupcake at his head. but that's just me.

motherofgrace Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:18am
post #12 of 80

lol, or poke im in the eye with my chocolate sucker sticks and say there now you dont have to look at me! lmao!

thanks everyone!

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:19am
post #13 of 80

I just don't get it either....I had a lady come over from a cakers' table at a recent event & THOROUGHLY inspect and comment on all my cookies! I axed cakes a while ago & am concentrating on specialty cookies & favors. Well.....I think this "inspector" was a friend of the lady who was actually making the cakes. You know, just being nosey. She proceeded to tell me that all my cookies looked familiar and unoriginal. And, then took like 5 samples!!!!!

This was a charity event - a sort of sampling of many area food places. I could not believe her! Little did she know my mother had been making those very cookies I provided over 20 years ago in this same area. So - as far as originial....I think she may have copied off my mom!!! She just walked by with her nose in the air.

IT'S CAKE & COOKIES PEOPLE!!!!! I'm not stealing your husband! This is NOT a scandle! AND for charity!!!! I'm very sorry about this "ninnies'" comment. What a horses patoot! People don't have the guts to even try something like this! Don't you feel bad for one minute. I don't care how big you are, I've packed on some lb's the past couple years.....you can still be a hot mamma! Live from your heart & you'll never be a sour-puss like that guy.

Karma!!!! It'll come back & you won't have to do a thing!!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:24am
post #14 of 80

Fat is still something people feel they can safely slam others for.

When a rude person says "You're fat", with an innocent look I just reply "Yes, I am."

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:25am
post #15 of 80

I'm so sorry someone said that to you.... I wish everyone acted like an adult, but the sad fact is a lot of people are just rude!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:27am
post #16 of 80

My standard response to a stranger's unsolicited opinion of my weight: "I can diet, but you're always going to be an a--hole." (or a c word if it's a female).

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:47am
post #17 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

My standard response to a stranger's unsolicited opinion of my weight: "I can diet, but you're always going to be an a--hole." (or a c word if it's a female).

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif I'm with you. icon_lol.gif

motherofgrace Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:52am
post #18 of 80

lol!

motherofgrace Posted 9 May 2010 , 6:55am
post #19 of 80

"I'm sorry, I couldnt hear you over how awesome i am, and this big line up at my table, have fun over at yours alone, cuz all the customers are over here buying goodies from my big fat a**"

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 9 May 2010 , 7:10am
post #20 of 80

WTH? indeed! How plain rude

You should have gone: "I may have an a**, but you ARE one!" lol icon_lol.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 9 May 2010 , 7:38am
post #21 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

WTH? indeed! How plain rude

You should have gone: "I may have an a**, but you ARE one!" lol icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif I like that one. I'll have to remember that.

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:04am
post #22 of 80

I always look up with a look of total surprise and go "I'm fat? OMG I didn't know that!! Thank you sooo much for telling me!" They get embarassed and usually walk away after muttering an apology. I cry later but stand up for myself at the time.

newbaker55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbaker55 Posted 9 May 2010 , 9:33am
post #23 of 80

My fat is only superficial. You're ingnorant to THE BONE.

P.S. He probably has a teeny weenie.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 May 2010 , 12:17pm
post #24 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by scentualwolf

Hold your head up high. Heck next time carry a water bottle with those little tips on the end and pretend to trip and squirt them with water.

LUv this idea!

Agree with a previous post that "fat" people are the last of the categories of "it's ok to ridicule and make fun of". It's almost like people have said, "Man, we're not allowed to goof on people because of race, sex or religion anymore ..... let's pick on fat people! Yeah! THAT will be ok!"

I make my fatness "my own" .... If I own it, then they can't use it against me. I proclaim "Yes, I'm fat ..... but I'm GORGEOUS!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif " ('coz its also so gall-darn true! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif )

ANother suggested response: "I guess that makes me my best walking-around-advertising!"

On a humorous note: teenage daughter and hubby were goofing around and daughter was getting the best of dad in the war of wits. Dad (hubby) yells in for reinforcement:

Hubby: Debi!!!!!
Daughter: (immediately after hubby yells for me): Dad says you're fat!
Hubby: WHAT? Wait a minute!

I ROLLED laughing!

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 9 May 2010 , 12:30pm
post #25 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbaker55

*giggle* hehe icon_biggrin.gif

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 9 May 2010 , 12:42pm
post #26 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbaker55

My fat is only superficial. You're ingnorant to THE BONE.

hehe that made me giggle XD

Im sorry that such a pig headed ar*e said that to you!

Im glad that you feel better though!

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:07pm
post #27 of 80

I am so sorry that happen to you! I just cant believe how rude some people can be! Seriously, what is wrong with them!!

I have had someone (a father and son) make fun of my son. (dont mess with someones child in front of his mama!!) His hair is very curly, below his ears, but not on his shoulders, and he worked 10pm to 7am, then went out to brunch with us for his dads birthday. These people were awful - whispering and calling him names - commenting on his hair. As we were leaving I just walked up to them and very nicely told them, I loved his hair, he worked all night, they shouldnt judge others and perhaps, (addressing the parents) they should review manners in politeness with their children or perhaps the bible on not judging others! Then I told them to enjoy the rest of there brunch! It shocked them, and made me feel better, and perhaps they will think twice before commenting!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:09pm
post #28 of 80

Karen, you are my kind of mom! thumbs_up.gif

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:11pm
post #29 of 80

I don't get hurt about comments pertaining to my weight. Hello, I own a mirror! It does not cease to amaze me the ignorance runinng rampant in our society.

I just give the person "the look" and comment... "you are not exactly bringing the potatoe salad to the mensa picnic are you?"

The only comment I have ever received back is "what's mensa?" Enough said.

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 9 May 2010 , 2:35pm
post #30 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by justducky

I don't get hurt about comments pertaining to my weight. Hello, I own a mirror! It does not cease to amaze me the ignorance runinng rampant in our society.

I just give the person "the look" and comment... "you are not exactly bringing the potatoe salad to the mensa picnic are you?"

The only comment I have ever received back is "what's mensa?" Enough said.

Love that line!! icon_biggrin.gif

But, grrrrrrr..... what an awful thing for that shriveled up pea-brained man to say. I'm so sorry this happened to you, but it sounds like you will be well-armed with whatever reply you wish to make (should you choose to even acknowledge that person's existence).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%