Can You Belive This Guy?

Lounge By motherofgrace Updated 13 May 2010 , 8:32pm by tonedna

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 9 May 2010 , 10:51pm
post #61 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I looked at your blog/website too and you look just fine! That guy had a major problem.

I hope he didn't say it in front of your cute little girl (if that's who was in the photos with you on your site.)

Thanks everyone!!

And yes he did say it infront of my daughter, and my husband was there to, and it took everything he had not to hit the guy.

I am feeling alot better guys, thanks alot!!!

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 9 May 2010 , 11:14pm
post #62 of 80

Glad you are feeling better! There is a lack of civility and respect. It seems to be getting worse these days.

If he stops by your again, tell him you charge double for "little" guys! icon_smile.gif

kristieanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristieanna Posted 9 May 2010 , 11:38pm
post #63 of 80

i am overweight myself. i can't say i get a lot of insults from people but i do on occasion. whether it's a car honk, giggles or verbal insult...a little trick i do is blow them a kiss and wave real flirty, maybe batting my eyelashes. it really catches them off guard because it's what they least expect! icon_twisted.gif

Annso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annso Posted 10 May 2010 , 12:23am
post #64 of 80

I'm so sorry you had to go through this terrible experience. THat's why I thank God for my DH who always reminds me of how beautiful he thinks I look even though I'm 40lb over weight. And I'm Sure your husband loves you just the way you are, that's why he's still there. And that's all that matters.

People like this sorry guy needs prayers and an occasional slap in the face.

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:29am
post #65 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbaker55

P.S. He probably has a teeny weenie.

*giggle* hehe icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

I remember when I was in high scool I had a crush on what at the time
was one of the most popular guys in school. I was overweight all my life.
He was at band just like me. Once we where waiting for our family to pick us up after school and he looks at me and said
"Edna, you have a pretty face. If you loose weigh I would go out with you"

icon_eek.gif I was devastated..
But hey...I wish he could see me now so I can say..hey if you where not so short I would go out with you! icon_twisted.gif

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Gosh, could you imagine that the look that LOSER would have on his face if he saw Edna now. Edna, you are beautiful! I don't know you, but I'm willing to bet that your beauty isn't just skin deep.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 11 May 2010 , 12:38pm
post #66 of 80

I am so sorry that guy said that to you....I just keep thinking karma will get those who do such things to others.

Edna, you are such a beautiful person, not only on the outside, but inside as well. I bet he would just die if he could see you now!

I will never understand the mindset of those who feel the need to belittle others, in person OR online. It is so sad that a person feels the need to call others names and/or make fun of them in order to feel good about themselves......what a terrible existance that must be.

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 11 May 2010 , 3:11pm
post #67 of 80

Omg that is terrible! It has happened to me.. My weight thru my life has been all over the chart but I have always been"fluffy"...m when this has been said to me I just respond ... Yeah and your an a**hole and walk away. Your husband has good restraint my husband would of knocked him out as would my son. My son is 15 6`3 170lbs my daughter is fluffy like her mom! They fight like cats and dogs but when my daughter comes home upset you should hear my son comfort her and tell her those people are iditots! I have taught my kids that making fun of people is not ever acceptable and they both get so angry when they hear it! I am proud of them they will never be like the jack*ss u dealt with!

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 11 May 2010 , 6:49pm
post #68 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbaker55

P.S. He probably has a teeny weenie.

*giggle* hehe icon_biggrin.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

I remember when I was in high scool I had a crush on what at the time
was one of the most popular guys in school. I was overweight all my life.
He was at band just like me. Once we where waiting for our family to pick us up after school and he looks at me and said
"Edna, you have a pretty face. If you loose weigh I would go out with you"

icon_eek.gif I was devastated..
But hey...I wish he could see me now so I can say..hey if you where not so short I would go out with you! icon_twisted.gif

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Gosh, could you imagine that the look that LOSER would have on his face if he saw Edna now. Edna, you are beautiful! I don't know you, but I'm willing to bet that your beauty isn't just skin deep.

I am a firm believer that beauty is in the heart. What it's outside it's not important. Beauty fades, and hearts they grow stronger with age..
A good hearted person will forever be pretty!
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

kayjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayjess Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:22pm
post #69 of 80

My daughter just went through this at school... she is 16 and was telling me as they get on the busses everyday, a little boy in one of the busses was yelling rude things as people passed by... (not sure they the bus driver didn't tell him to stop), but as my daughter walked by one day last week he yelled at her "Your Fat"... (which she so isn't...I WISH I looked like her.. I am overweight, but she got good genes from somewhere in the family..LOL... she wears a size 8/10 jeans if that tells you anything)... so I asked her what she said to him... and she said I just turned around and said "And your annoying. What's your point??"... it made me laugh so hard... I was glad it hadn't upset her!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:25pm
post #70 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayjess

as my daughter walked by one day last week he yelled at her "Your Fat"... so I asked her what she said to him... and she said I just turned around and said "And your annoying. What's your point??"... it made me laugh so hard... I was glad it hadn't upset her!

I LOVE your daughter's attitude!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Babarooskie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babarooskie Posted 11 May 2010 , 7:44pm
post #71 of 80

Ugh some people. It's happened to me and it still is. I remember I was in my P.E. class in high school and we were supposed to be running/walking lapses around the field. A car was driving by and some BOY simply said, "Moooooooo" when I was walking. I'll never forget that... and I'm still struggling with my weight, however, I've lost some now that I'm dieting.

All I can say is, don't let what others think or say to you affect you. Be the BIGGER person! icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 11 May 2010 , 8:04pm
post #72 of 80

you know what I say to people that say stuff like that......................"Way to go Captain Obvious......anymore OBVIOUS things to point out?"

That usually shuts them up lol

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 11 May 2010 , 8:29pm
post #73 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annso

I'm so sorry you had to go through this terrible experience. THat's why I thank God for my DH who always reminds me of how beautiful he thinks I look even though I'm 40lb over weight. And I'm Sure your husband loves you just the way you are, that's why he's still there. And that's all that matters.

People like this sorry guy needs prayers and an occasional slap in the face.

I agree - you should pray for him just like Jaron Wood in his new hit "Pray for You" - "I pray your brakes go out runnin' down a hill, I pray a flower pot falls from the window sill and knocks you in the head like I'd like to. I pray your birthday comes and nobody calls. I pray you're flying high and your engine stalls. I pray all your dreams never do come true" icon_wink.gif

tonedna Posted 11 May 2010 , 9:12pm
post #74 of 80

OMG I just heard the song, it's hilarious!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrtzX2ONoT4&feature=related

Edna icon_lol.gif

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:06pm
post #75 of 80

Yep -pretty funny huh? Cracks me up everytime I hear it....maybe we can add a line, i.e. "I pray you don't sell a thing at your booth today" icon_razz.gif

lilyankee5688 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilyankee5688 Posted 11 May 2010 , 10:19pm
post #76 of 80

My parents always taught me to never trust a super skinny baker.. the best ones are the big ones icon_smile.gif since i've started doing cake i've put on a few pounds.. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 May 2010 , 12:21am
post #77 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyankee5688

My parents always taught me to never trust a super skinny baker.. the best ones are the big ones icon_smile.gif since i've started doing cake i've put on a few pounds.. icon_smile.gif

Totally agree. I also say that married people who are deliriously happy always gain weight together.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! icon_rolleyes.gificon_biggrin.gif

klangl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klangl Posted 12 May 2010 , 10:09pm
post #78 of 80

This came in a email I got recently, so perfect for this situation.

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads, that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy.

Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think,
Good grief, look how smart I am!

Must be where 'Smart Ass' came from!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 13 May 2010 , 12:02am
post #79 of 80

Too funny, klangl!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

And, hey, my son's girlfriend is from Conway. icon_razz.gif

tonedna Posted 13 May 2010 , 8:32pm
post #80 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by klangl

This came in a email I got recently, so perfect for this situation.

With time, women gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads, that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy.

Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think,
Good grief, look how smart I am!

Must be where 'Smart Ass' came from!

lol..so I was born very well educated! icon_lol.gif

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%