Would You Like This Done To Your Cake After Delivery?

Decorating By Kandykin Updated 18 May 2010 , 4:30pm by cai0311

Kandykin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandykin Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 37

I'm not sure if the baker is one of them, but seriously doubt it. I would be appalled! icon_eek.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJ_1TLdlaVI&feature=related

36 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 37

Personally, I think it had enough piping as the decor on it and they should have left it alone. To each their own, I guess.

I guess they bought it, they can do what they want with it. They could attach it to a ceiling fan and spin it around too. If it's paid for, it's their problem what they do to ruin it.

I DO hope the baker got a nice photo pre the "ugly-palooza-fest" though. At least she can sleep at night knowing she has proof for the bride that she DIDN'T leave it that way, right? They made it look like something beaded and loud from a Mardi Gras parade, IMHO.

icon_mad.gificon_lol.gif

Thanksharla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thanksharla Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 37

You know, as long as the cake was paid in full I won't worry about it. I didn't watch the whole video....did the bride see what they did? Maybe I'll go back and finish watching it.

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 37

I don't understand why they wr "fixing" it ??? what was wrong with it??

Kandykin Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 37

I guess so antonia, but if it ever happens to one of my cakes, I hope I never find out.
The "cake doctors" as they call themselves are quite proud of their "creativity" - wonder what the bride thought.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 37

It's also super gross that she grabbed tweezers from her purse to use on the cake. God knows what she plucked out of her brows, etc with those babies before it's yanking stuff off the surface of something people are about to eat. YUCK! icon_sad.gif

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:58pm
post #7 of 37

My questions are what was wrong with the cake that they had to add on those dragees to the border (looks lovely to me sans the dragees) and 2) why did those ladies happen to have dragees with them at the wedding????

Kandykin Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:00pm
post #8 of 37

thanksharla - no, the bride is not in the video. It ends when they get done distroying the cake

tavyheather - my guess is that they didn't want to pay extra for the "Bling" and thought they could just throw some dragees to enhance it themselves

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:01pm
post #9 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonia74

It's also super gross that she grabbed tweezers from her purse to use on the cake. God knows what she plucked out of her brows, etc with those babies before it's yanking stuff off the surface of something people are about to eat. YUCK! icon_sad.gif

Yuck! lol

Were did they get all the beads from?

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:20pm
post #10 of 37

They do appear to have on their martini goggles. I can't believe they took it upon themselves to change the design of the cake.

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:21pm
post #11 of 37

If I were the bride I would have been mad bc they were messing with a cake that I picked out and loved. Unless she wanted people touching her cake with their most likely dirty hands....gross

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:48pm
post #12 of 37

nows theres 8mins of my life i'll never get back....

my thoughts were look at the reception venue/dressed tables in the background, look at the outfits the ladies are wearing - this is not a low end reception so why be cheap about a cake

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 3 May 2010 , 9:50pm
post #13 of 37

I didn't understand the heading of "rushed to FIX the cake for the bride" icon_confused.gif And I can't believe they actually took 8 minutes of video of those ladies doing this!

THe only thing I could think of while looking at these women were they seemed to be the attempt of making a silk purse from a sow's ear. You can dress up pretty all you want, but your true character will still shine thru. icon_rolleyes.gif

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 3 May 2010 , 10:10pm
post #14 of 37

I couldn't resist and left a snarky comment on the video. LOL

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 3 May 2010 , 10:35pm
post #15 of 37

OMG Those weren't dragees, one of the ladies said they were BBs - she was kidding? Right!?!

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 3 May 2010 , 10:53pm
post #16 of 37

They are suggesting this might become a TV show-CAKE DOCTORS. I believe if they were helping the bride-her request...they wouldn't have needed a "look out" to see when the bride was coming. This looks like one of those programs that begin with the words "The Real Housewives of ____"! There attempt to harrass the bride? I hope the cake decorator took a good picture! This is far worse than some kid swiping his finger through the icing...

hilly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hilly Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:25pm
post #17 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

OMG Those weren't dragees, one of the ladies said they were BBs - she was kidding? Right!?!

Pretty sure she was messing with that kid. At least I hope icon_eek.gif

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:39pm
post #18 of 37

No way - are you kidding???? I didn't have my sound on....

newbaker55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbaker55 Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:49pm
post #19 of 37

How God-awful UNSANITARY!!! icon_surprised.gif

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:52pm
post #20 of 37

If they did this as a last minute thing to "fix the cake" were did the beads come from? lol.... Dragees are hard to get... I have to order mine online. I even thought that the video mus tbe joke. That maybe the decorator was finishing the cake there. It's just so crazy to think that a group of people can get away with such a thing. I would love to know if the bride knew what they were doing. icon_confused.gif

ilucy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilucy Posted 4 May 2010 , 12:22am
post #21 of 37

Hopefully they don't complain about the kids touching the cake, when they had their hands all over it. Hope the bride was ok about it.

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:08am
post #22 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

Yes, I think she was kidding... the lady mentioned later not being able to buy the things in California, so I do believe they were dragees. Huge dragees... what they were doing would've looked better with smaller ones, but (of course) that would've taken a lot longer.

At least all they did was add the dragees along the already piped lines, so they didn't change the overall look of the cake, just sparkled it a bit. I wonder, also, how they were attaching the dragees. Other than the border, which could have been piped on site, I can't imagine any of the other icing was still moist enough for them to stick. And hopefully they had someone remove them again before anyone ate the cake.

Still, you're all right about the random tweezers (I wouldn't want my personal tweezers touching anything I was going to eat, let alone anyone else's).

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:40am
post #23 of 37

That's just nasty! I'm betting it was the MIL's idea hehehe!

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 4 May 2010 , 7:08am
post #24 of 37

How disgusting for those women to be touching that cake with no doubt unwashed hands to begin with, and how ignorant to do this to the brides cake. I am sorry this happened to you, that was a nice cake and they should not have done that.

Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:44am
post #25 of 37

That's what I thought Madge, how many unwashed pairs of hands can you get to touch one wedding cake ewww. I just hope the person who made it never knew they were going to 'fix' it !! Personally I think they've ruined it, it was lovely how it was.

Lyndsey xx

Nacnacweazel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nacnacweazel Posted 4 May 2010 , 9:43am
post #26 of 37

Well, judging from the fashion choices and the make-up jobs those women had on...it's aparent (at least to me) that the cake had to end up looking as GAUDY and GARISH as they were/are. But, hey, as long as the check cleared. thumbs_up.gif

Kandykin Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:22pm
post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

I am sorry this happened to you, that was a nice cake and they should not have done that.

haha... nope this is NOT my cake, Thank God! Just found it on youtube and was feeling sorry for the baker and of course the bride .

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:44pm
post #28 of 37

I love how the one lady is chomping her gum like a COW, which is certainly getting spit all over the cake. And they are touching their faces and hair, etc. Can you say food safety anyone?

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:20pm
post #29 of 37

OMg, that is wrong for ...so many reasons!!!

First, bride or baker, I'd be so Pi***d if I saw or heard of this happening, unless the bride was part of this little 'so cool that they fixed it' party.

I can't believe any group of 4-5 women would presume to change anything about a wedding cake without specific instructions.

I heard the BB comment too, and the box they were pulling them out of looked more like a BB box than the usual clear cylindrical container that dragees come in. Are you kidding me???!!! Plus they're passing around and sharing a martini that someone probably PAID for, with cash, then touched the glass, their wallet, whatever else, then the CAKE.

oh my heart...it's too early for this. bad, bad, bad

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 12 May 2010 , 9:03pm
post #30 of 37

If you noticed, they all had on quite a bit of "bling bling" themselves. No wonder they all got together to add a little dazzle to the cake. They probably looked at one another and then looked at the cake and said "it needs us!"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%