Would You Like This Done To Your Cake After Delivery?

Decorating By Kandykin Updated 18 May 2010 , 4:30pm by cai0311

Tor1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tor1985 Posted 12 May 2010 , 9:55pm
post #31 of 37

That was....interesting icon_confused.gif the poor cake!
It was very nice and they turned it ugly. Nothing like sharing your germs and such with new family!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 May 2010 , 10:12pm
post #32 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacnacweazel

Well, judging from the fashion choices and the make-up jobs those women had on...it's aparent (at least to me) that the cake had to end up looking as GAUDY and GARISH as they were/are. But, hey, as long as the check cleared. thumbs_up.gif

icon_lol.gif I agree. Too bad you can't buy taste. I would be beyond p****d if someone did this to my cake. icon_mad.gif I would be horrified to know that I attended a reception where this had been done to a cake that I would be eating : icon_razz.gif Can you imagine icon_eek.gif People actually ATE this cake not knowing that these people had their hands all over it...UCK. Like someone else said. This is wrong on so many levels.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:25pm
post #33 of 37

I couldn't see the box they were taking the decorations from, just an Argo corn starch box.

We buy a lot of different BBs, can someone tell me at what time you see the box? I might be able to tell if that's what they really were.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 12 May 2010 , 11:29pm
post #34 of 37

What gets me the most about this kind of thing is if someone/s get sick, the baker will be blamed. The business may have to submit to testing and inspections, causing embarrassment and possible loss of business. All because some know-it-alls thought they knew better than a professional.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 May 2010 , 1:42am
post #35 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatize

What gets me the most about this kind of thing is if someone/s get sick, the baker will be blamed. The business may have to submit to testing and inspections, causing embarrassment and possible loss of business. All because some know-it-alls thought they knew better than a professional.

Very good point.

Kandykin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandykin Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:07pm
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

I couldn't see the box they were taking the decorations from, just an Argo corn starch box.

We buy a lot of different BBs, can someone tell me at what time you see the box? I might be able to tell if that's what they really were.

I went back to check the time, unfortunately couldn't see the box the dragees were coming from. The Argo box actually had corn starch I believe, used to patch up the little bumps made by all those fingers! (0:25) They came prepared I guess icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cai0311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cai0311 Posted 18 May 2010 , 4:30pm
post #37 of 37

I didn't have sound on (I am at work), so this could have been talked about in the video and I just didn't hear it. Did anyone say that the cake was from a bakery? If so, then ignore the rest of this post...

Maybe the cake was made by one of those woman and for one reason or another she wasn't able to finish the "blinging" at home or thought the beads would fall off during travel and wanted to put them on at the venue. The other women could be her "helpers" and they were keeping a look out for the bride because they didn't want her to know the cake wasn't finished. That would explain why they had the beads to start with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%