And The Cussing Begins In 3...2..1. Go!

Lounge By keonicakes Updated 18 May 2010 , 2:48am by tracycakes

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:10pm
post #61 of 78

The worst part is that I have nobody to blame but myself! Honestly, I get on my own nerves worse than anyone I know!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:26pm
post #62 of 78

Add me to the list of sailors.

Curse like the devil when I am putting it together and pray like the dickens when I am delivering it.

Sybil

newbaker55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbaker55 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:54pm
post #63 of 78

Although I am but a mere newb at all this compared to most of you, I have found that shouting 'YOU ROTTEN SUNUVAMOTHERPECKER' !!!!actually works better than a hot spatula for smoothing buttercream. HTH

ArtieTs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtieTs Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:02am
post #64 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbaker55

Although I am but a mere newb at all this compared to most of you, I have found that shouting 'YOU ROTTEN SUNUVAMOTHERPECKER' !!!!actually works better than a hot spatula for smoothing buttercream. HTH

HAHAHAHAH!!!! icon_lol.gif

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:03am
post #65 of 78
Quote:

LOL I LOVE this thread. When I really get going, I talk to my cakes in 2 languages..... when the words starting coming out in both languages, then we're in real trouble. thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:03am
post #66 of 78
Quote:

icon_biggrin.gif I'll definitely have to try that method (along with Indy's buttercream, Melvira's roller and Sugarshack's smoothing techniques)! icon_lol.gif Heck, I'll have smooth like glass buttercream with all that! icon_biggrin.gif

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 2:27am
post #67 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

For me it's not exclusive to actually doing the cake, it's anything cake related. For example all afternoon I've been looking for my heart gumpaste cutters (the $25 set I couldn't live without) and now probably will have to freaking replace because for whatever reason they aren't in their freaking drawer! (In real life, the word freaking is substituted with a suitably foul word beginning with the same letter!) icon_lol.gif

Bless your heart!

It really torques my tushy when I can't find something, that I know I just saw in it's proper place. Yeah right, if it was in it's proper place I would be able to find it.

Right now I'm hunting for a floral tape cutter that cost enough to pay my phone bill for a month.

What really gets it flying, is when after I've searched for a couple of days, then I go buy the flipping thing I can't find. I put it away where it's supposed to be AND IT'S RIGHT WHERE IT BELONGS! Now I own 2 maybe 3 of something I only need once every year. Bothers me.

Then again, today was a good day. I found something I've been thinking about for a few days, but wasn't obsessing about it. I didn't find a styrofoam ball I need.

Oh well, I'll live.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 4:46am
post #68 of 78

"LOL I LOVE this thread. When I really get going, I talk to my cakes in 2 languages..... when the words starting coming out in both languages, then we're in real trouble. thumbs_up.gif"

oh that is too funny. I am currently learning german, and when it gets really (fondant inspired) bad, I mix english, spanish and german!!!

I cant wait until i learn russian and italian!! There is no telling what will come out of my mouth then!! icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 6:37am
post #69 of 78

Too funny!

I need to ask my DSIL to teach me how to cuss in Korean!

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 10:59pm
post #70 of 78

HAHAHA!! I have found my family! icon_lol.gif My husband works evenings and is ready to go early if I am doing a cake. I think I have taught him a few new words. Things start out fine and I have this picture in my head of what it should look like, but it just never seems to come out that way. icon_wink.gif Really glad I am not the only person who goes a little crazy when I am decorating. icon_biggrin.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 11:16pm
post #71 of 78

Whew! so glad to hear that it isn't just me. thanks all!

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 1:43pm
post #72 of 78

HAAA! This is so funny, I cuss like a sailor when I do cakes. My son-in-law says I should name my business, Cakes and Cussin by Robin!!!

bobwonderbuns Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 12:47am
post #73 of 78

I think there's been some cussing on some of the other threads around here today! icon_lol.gif

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 2:08am
post #74 of 78

Love this thread !!!! Yep cuss like a sailor All of my cakes must be female becausse at some point they all get referred to as B*%#$*s icon_lol.gif. Love the stories glad to know I am not the only one.....

keriskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keriskreations Posted 13 May 2010 , 4:42am
post #75 of 78

This is honestly my favorite thread I think!! Years ago a friend of mine sent me a page from one of those quote-a-day calendars that said "Profanity is the effort of a feeble mind to express itself forcefully." She wrote on it - Uh oh, we're in trouble. Sometimes I amaze myself with the combinations I come up with when frustrated in the kitchen! Just tonight I used every word I could come up with, and DH just knew to walk away! ha! Sometimes it just feels good to say any and every word that comes to mind! Good thing I don't have kids - I'd be telling them earmuffs A LOT! icon_redface.gif

Curtsmin24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Curtsmin24 Posted 13 May 2010 , 9:58am
post #76 of 78
Quote:
Quote:

Sailors and military men are notorious for their potty-mouths, but anyone who works in a kitchen can give them a solid run for their money.

Try doing both. Military and then working in a kitchen??? My husband puts on headphones and turns the tv on really loud and he still can't tune me out.. and in two languages. I love making cakes but lately I have butterfingers and drop everything!!!

and the smoothing technique(cussing at the buttercream) it actually works!! Hubby jokes and says that i'm abusive because the cake can't defend itself. I tell him I don't care because it's misbehaving and it's lucky it doesn't get tossed out.

kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 13 May 2010 , 7:51pm
post #77 of 78

oh im so glad im not on my own. everyone vacates the house, mess every where swearing, tears and on my last cake 1kg of fondent got ripped off the cake and thrown in the sink....but ill do it all again icon_smile.gif

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 18 May 2010 , 2:48am
post #78 of 78

Well, at the cake shop, just an occasional word and the "WORK WITH ME!!!" I realize I say to buttercream, fondant or whatever else is giving me problems. However, the dayjob makes me cuss, scream and there never is any satisfaction from it. icon_evil.gificon_mad.gif I despise that place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%