My New Shop!

Business By Cathy26 Updated 12 Apr 2010 , 6:29am by ButtercupMama

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 9:41pm
post #1 of 47

Hi everyone, its been a really long time since i posted properly here,

anyway, i left my job as a legal secretary and got the keys to my premises on 15th January. we opened 2 weeks later after doing all the decorating ouraselves and here is the finished product!!

www.thelittlecupcakecafe.co.uk

very proud, its a lot of work but me and my husband are loving it. just means i dont have as much time to research and design each cake i do and also im not able to take on any more cake orders than i did when i did it in the evenings from home as the cupcake and traybake side of things has to be the priority, but i have to say my love for baking has definitly overtaken my love for cake decorating!

id love to hear what you all think of the concept and the inside of the shop!

46 replies
chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 47

Wow! Your shop in GORGEOUS! And everything looks and sounds delicious! Congratulations to you! I am most envious! Best of luck with your business!

wow that is lot of exclamation points, oh well. I am happy for you. LOL

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 47

It looks wonderful. I would definitely be a customer if you were in my neighborhood!

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 47

Congratulations!! It's really beautiful!! Your treats just look so lovely and are perfectly displayed I think!

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 47

Oh My!! I just love your place... it looks great and sophisticated... you and your DH should be very proud because all your hard work it's clearly seen here... good luck in your new place and may God Bless you in your new endevour (sp?)

newbaker55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbaker55 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 47

I could just imagine myself having a tea and muffin in your wonderful shop! Congratulations! icon_biggrin.gif

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:16pm
post #7 of 47

WOW!!!!!!! I LOVE the storefront and sign...

The cupcakes look so fancy but delish...great color choices on wrappers and design..

and I've never seen jewelery displayed around..that really works together!

I think it looks really swanky and wonderful! Wish I could see it IRL!!

tavyheather Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tavyheather Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:17pm
post #8 of 47

ope, just read the caption...but maybe that would be a good idea for you too! Sell some cake-related jewelery at your store as well!

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:27pm
post #9 of 47

Love it! icon_biggrin.gif

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:31pm
post #10 of 47

Congratulations Cathy! It's beautiful! I'd go there if I lived anywhere near there. Everything looks delicious.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:38pm
post #11 of 47

what a cute shop.

love the old windows, the sofa's are so cute and wow those cupcakes look yummy

congratulations

dkltll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkltll Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:39pm
post #12 of 47

Wow! I just want to pop over & sit for awhile! Let us know if you branch out & put shops in the USA. LOL! Very beautiful shop, I pray all the best for you!

Edit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edit Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:47pm
post #13 of 47

Wow! I wish I could visit your shop. It looks wonderful and your cupcakes are extremely tempting. Made my mouth water.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 10:50pm
post #14 of 47

I could just see grabbing a cup of coffee a few cupcakes and chatting with a friend as we looked out the windows at the passerbys. I love how open it looks and the display /counter area is beautiful. I wish i could come in for some cupcakes. icon_biggrin.gif

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 11:01pm
post #15 of 47

Beautiful shop. Love the wooden display cases. Looks like it smells so good in there, too!

Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 1:34am
post #16 of 47

Beautiful shop!! Really well thought out menu and store design. Love your glass shelf displays. If you have free Y-Fi I'd stay all day and night!

Best of Luck to You!!!!

Jenny0730 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenny0730 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 1:37am
post #17 of 47

I love your shop. I love the design of the store's sign and the inside is beautiful.

psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 1:57am
post #18 of 47

It is beautiful!! Your website looks great too! icon_biggrin.gif

Odyssey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Odyssey Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:07am
post #19 of 47

Love it. If I ever get to go to Ireland I will come and visit!

I like the style of the website, good colors, easy to navigate, and I personally love all the stories.

Only negative thing I have to say is that there seems to be a spelling error on the cakes page "started of life as a home bakery" I believe the of should be off. Other than that, it looks awesome.

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:10am
post #20 of 47

It's incredible! I simply love the double windows and entry door in between. Your sign is eye-catching. Your decor is an electic mix of modern sofas, retro signage and polished, old world cabinets. It works!

The cupcakes themselves look like they are generously iced and the wrappers make them look worth whatever you are charging (hopefully on the higher end).

I think it's superb. Great job done! Best wishes for success. Keep us updated!! ANd thanks for taking the time to post your pics - it keeps the dream alive for the rest of us.

Cathy26 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 1:44pm
post #21 of 47

Thanks for the lovely feedback everyone, i still have to pinch myself to realise that i have my own business!!

it is amazing although the first couple of weeks were really hard and i thought id made a big mistake - once you open you realise how many things you forgot to do or didnt know you needed to do but its all a learning experience and things are well settled down now.

if any of you are ever in Belfast you know where to come for a cupcake!

katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:03pm
post #22 of 47

Wow! your shop is beautiful!! i wish i lived near, i would be there all the time! let us know if you ever find yourself opening shop in england!!!

HauteCoutureCookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HauteCoutureCookies Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:31pm
post #23 of 47

It looks wonderful! Luv the funky couches, they're great. It's nice too that someone let's you display your product in their window. Congratulations! Good Job!

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 2:52pm
post #24 of 47

Such a warm inviting space. I love the openness, the couches, and the beautiful wood counter. I wish I could wander in for a cuppie and some coffee.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 3:56pm
post #25 of 47

What a beautiful space! All the best of luck to you!!

JackRussellJulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackRussellJulie Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 4:11pm
post #26 of 47

Thought I'd use my first post to say congratulations on the shop. Was in a few weeks ago and the cupcakes are amazing. So envious that you are living the dream!

Erawin2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erawin2008 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 5:36pm
post #27 of 47

Congrats! Lovely shop. Your cupcakes look delicious!

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 6:23pm
post #28 of 47

Congratulations and good luck! everything looks great!

Cathy26 Posted 28 Mar 2010 , 8:23pm
post #29 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by HauteCoutureCookies

It looks wonderful! Luv the funky couches, they're great. It's nice too that someone let's you display your product in their window. Congratulations! Good Job!

yeah - the jewellers is just two doors down and asked me to do some dummy cupcakes for their wedding display windows - i was delighted and keep walking past it like some mental cupcake stalker!!

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 5:39pm
post #30 of 47

Congrats!!! I LOVE everything!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%