Red/black??? Which To Use

Decorating By jayne1873 Updated 5 Apr 2010 , 1:44am by SusiesBakeShoppe

jayne1873 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jayne1873 Posted 27 Mar 2010 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 6

I have made a black gumpaste shoe with red underneath signature shoe of Christian Lou some one or other apparently.
I have made a white shoebox as that is what they have asked for and a lid that I hope is going to work.
Ok so am having box then shoe on board in front. I want some tissue paper coming out of the box and then will drap some fondant on the board around the box to cover the board.

2 questions
What colour tissue paper and board covering, I am going with red and black to match the shoe but not sure which way round to do it. Black on the board would maybe loose the shoe in it and red would maybe loose the sole covering of red. Any suggestions?

Also I need to write good luck on it somewhere. Am planning the logo on top of box so ideas? Gift tag?

Thanks x

5 replies
mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 29 Mar 2010 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 6

What about a black and white mixed/swirled and rolled out for the board and red tissue with a few black/white ones thrown in. I think those colors on the board would allow your shoe colors to show up. Or a red/ white swirl on the board and black tissue. HTH. Make sure to post pictures of it when you are done! icon_biggrin.gif

JennasNonna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennasNonna Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 6

How about using a bright yellow for the tissue. That will accent both the red and black. Hope to see pictures.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 11:03pm
post #4 of 6

Maybe silver?

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 4 Apr 2010 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 6

I'm for silver or even white, make the black and red stand out more

SusiesBakeShoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SusiesBakeShoppe Posted 5 Apr 2010 , 1:44am
post #6 of 6

Could always go with polkadots....something about red and black scream to me polkadots! lol good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%