Need Your Suggestions!

Business By loriemoms Updated 15 Mar 2010 , 2:50pm by dailey

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 17

Ok, all you creative minds! I have to decide how I want the entrance to our bakery to look like! The lobby area is a 18'x20' space. It will have a bakery case, a register area, and a couple of tables and chairs. Not really anything exciting. The space used to be a Subway Shop and we are keeping the tile in that area which is a light kind of sage green and few of these brick red blocks here and there. Typical tile with grout. The ceiling will have the sealed tile, nothing fancy. (I may spend the $$$ one of these days and put a color up there, but for now budget is tight!) The wall behind the bakery case has a big framed window, where customers can see in our decorating area. It is a kind of oak color. (it was left behind from another one of the stores, and is really pretty! We had to use it for something!) My contractor is putting in new dry wall (the Subway had this awful wallpaper) and we can do anything we want with it as far as paint color, etc. I was thinking of maybe wainscoating painted some color. The only color we cannot use is a carolina blue, as we have a lot of duke and NC State fans come through! haha! I would like the colors to be welcoming, and friendly but not too bright. My favorite color is lavendar and I was wondering if that would be nice! What do you think?

16 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:44pm
post #2 of 17

Lavender is very soothing..I painted my daughters room lavender and a Lemon ice color which looks like a Creamy Vanilla....I go in there to lay on her bed sometimes to decompress.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 17

I just painted (about 4 months ago) my whole living room/entry way area in a lt. blue.......it's so soothing, you don't even notice that it's blue it's just really comfortable feeling.

I think lavendar would be really pretty too!! I say paint it colors that reflect your personality and the personality of your cakes, since that's what people will be attracted to anyhow!

lulus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lulus Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 17

A couple of things to keep in mind:

It is important to carry colors from your logo, or at least colors that complement it. When somebody walks in your bakery, they should be able to immediately identify it from the logo they saw in a ad, for instance.

That kind of continuity helps with making your bakery more memorable to them, so that the moment they think cake, that mental picture pops in their head.

HTH

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 2:49am
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulus

A couple of things to keep in mind:

It is important to carry colors from your logo, or at least colors that complement it. When somebody walks in your bakery, they should be able to immediately identify it from the logo they saw in a ad, for instance.

That kind of continuity helps with making your bakery more memorable to them, so that the moment they think cake, that mental picture pops in their head.

HTH

that is true! (and my logo is in Lavendar! Even my invoices!)

Cake-makerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-makerz Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 11:45am
post #6 of 17

Lavender !!

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 1:21pm
post #7 of 17

When deciding on certain colors for selling purposes, one has to take into consideration the target audience in order to appeal to them. For example, pastels and neutrals typically appeal to an upscale audience, while primary colors appeal to children as well as older adults with less education or lower socio-economic standing. Also, darker colors often appeal to men.

Purple is a color that:
Is associated with royalty, nobility, and wealth and thereby can also denote cruelty and arrogance.
Is associated with spirituality and is often used in religious ceremony.
Is considered an exotic color.
Denotes luxury and sophistication.
Is considered the color of enlightenment and wisdom.
Can appear artificial because it does not occur a lot in nature.
In lighter shades, denotes feminism and romance.
In a violet shade used in excess, can actually dampen the desire to purchase.

Check out these articles:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/169627/the_psychological_effects_of_color.html?cat=30

http://bizcovering.com/marketing-and-advertising/the-subliminal-effects-of-color-in-marketing/

http://iit.bloomu.edu/vthc/design/psychology.htm

Cake-makerz Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 2:42pm
post #8 of 17

Wow...
Ok, i think you should choose a kind of purple....
I said lavender, it's a nice colour...........

Last week I had a discussion with my friends about what kind of purple the doors of our school are....
violet, purple, lavender.....
icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 3:23pm
post #9 of 17

Light green is a motivational color, what about a light green with lavender and white accents, if it's a large wall, maybe even your logo on the light green wall with white highlights.

tara22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tara22 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:05am
post #10 of 17

I HAD A HARD TIME DECIDING WHAT COLOR TO PAINT MY SHOP AS WELL. I WENT WITH PINK BECAUSE IT MATCHED MY LOGO AND SEEMED TO BE VERY HAPPY AND "CUPCAKE" COLOR. I HAVE BEEN SHOCKED AT HOW MANY PEOPLE COME IN AN AND MENTION SOMETHING ABOUT HOW THEY LIKE THE COLOR (KEEP IN MIND THAT MOST OF YOUR CUSTOMERS WILL PROB BE WOMEN)! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

bakermom3107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermom3107 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:28am
post #11 of 17

I agree with the lavender. It is such a pretty color with light green (since that's already there). I think the two colors would be very peaceful and inviting. Anything too dark or bright might be a little too loud for a bakery. Plus the soothing colors can relax you when you have a crazy, busy day!! And pastels seem "cleaner" to me and I defintiely look for clean when it comes to my foodicon_smile.gif

makeminepink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makeminepink Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 3:45am
post #12 of 17

Tara22 Cute!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:05am
post #13 of 17

I'd pick lavender with moss or light sage green.

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 5:36am
post #14 of 17

Congratulations to you! I like your photos but would add a dark accent color to ground your color scheme...such as a dark purple or dark green to outline around your name letters, curtain and maybe chair seat covers or a rug. Maybe a plant or two would be nice.

Cake-makerz Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 12:53pm
post #15 of 17

I think lavender or the idea of Eisskween

Nice shop tara22 ! thumbs_up.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:33pm
post #16 of 17

How about hiring an interior designer? I've found she actually saved me money when decorating my home b/c we got it right the 1st time and she knew where to buy things for the best prices.

dailey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dailey Posted 15 Mar 2010 , 2:50pm
post #17 of 17

what is your "style"? that would be very helpful in deciding how to decorate your shop.

if it were me, i would do something fun and eye-catching, like a harlequin or argyle pattern on one wall to really make an impression. of course, *I* would incorporate pink but lavender is a pretty color too! the good part about paint is that its cheap but makes such a huge difference. you really want people to remember you/your shop long after they leave...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%