Hot Pink

Decorating By tomsmom245 Updated 13 Mar 2010 , 3:31pm by juleebug

tomsmom245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomsmom245 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:46pm
post #1 of 10

My niece wants a hot pink birthday cake. Is hot pink or florescent pink the same thing as 'raspberry'? Not sure how to mix colors to make hot pink. The mixing chart I use lists how to mix 'raspberry' and I do not have any bright or florescent icing colors.

thanks!

9 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 10

Americolor Electric Pink is the answer to your prayers! If you look in my photos, the zebra stripe cake is that colour - hot pink. HTH!

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 10

I use wilton's 'rose' for hot pink. (Why they call it rose and not hot pink is beyond me). You can see the color on a few cakes in my photos.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 10

i used Kountry Kitchens Hot Pink to make my niece's cake. It took two of their large bottles, to get it that pink.

I didnt know about Americolor at that time.. icon_sad.gif

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:58pm
post #5 of 10

I also use Wilton's rose color. It works great for me.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:00pm
post #6 of 10

On my pink and zebra cake I used Wilton's rose pink with a bit of red. Without the red I think it looks more like a Pepto Bismol pink. On my princess pillow, I used electric pink. Hope this helps some.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 10

I have a pink cake in my photos - I used Wilton Rose for it - it did come out as a hot pink! (I really wanted a nice rose shade - LOL!)

tomsmom245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomsmom245 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 2:42pm
post #8 of 10

Wilton Rose worked like a charm! I can't believe how bright it gets...LOL

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 2:58pm
post #9 of 10

Chefmaster's baker's rose also works just fine. All you have to do with any of the colors mentioned here is to put enough of it in and you'll eventually get hot pink. I use this color a lot (but don't look at my photos - I'm about 20 cakes behind on my posting!). In fact, if I'm not careful, the cakes that I actually want to be light pink turn out this way, too.

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 3:31pm
post #10 of 10

Be sure you use Wilton ROSE and not Wilton PINK. Their Pink has an orange hue to it. Makes more of a coral color than Hot Pink.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%