Blog Followers.... Let's Help Each Other....

Lounge By dalis4joe Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 12:57am by costumeczar

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 12:02am
post #61 of 71

icon_biggrin.gif

nightowl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nightowl Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 1:12am
post #62 of 71

I'm following everyone and added the Google FriendConnect app at the bottom of the right column on my site.

I can't wait to see all of the beautiful cakes everyone blogs about. I've not been online much because I've been teaching grad school on top of working, but hope to get back to baking soon!

My blog is not about cakes, but about green living and eco-friendly tips. If you're interested, please follow!

www.makegreencometrue.com
www.twitter.com/greencometrue
www.youtube.com/makegreencometrue

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 13 Apr 2010 , 4:39pm
post #63 of 71

I'll add recent blogs tonight - I took on a last minute Wolverine cake so haven't had time to do a new post, but will hopefully have time by Thursday after delivery icon_smile.gif

melamel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melamel Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 4:31am
post #64 of 71

Well, I just finished taking a peek at each blog and all I can say is... WOW. I am impressed! For those who have google blogs, I am now a Follower of your blog, but only if I could find your "follow" button.. so sad that I couldn't find it on some icon_cry.gif
Anyways, I will try my best to keep up with everyone's posts because, wow I'm excited to learn a thing or two from each of you icon_smile.gif

As for myself, I started blogging and baking January of this year and have much to learn! Here it is...

http://melabakes.blogspot.com

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:41am
post #65 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by casmom

At the risk of sounding stupid, may I ask what's the difference does it make if you have more/less followers on your blog?

The more people that see your blog, the better chance you have of getting free stuff, as well as getting paid advertising. You may also get called from a TV show to be a guest. A lot of bloggers will give away free stuff so they can get a lot of comments. Companies see the traffic on the blog and want to advertise to that particular group of people. They may send the blogger a free item to review, in hopes that the blogger will give it great reviews.

Sometimes that kind of advertising is great for companies. If your friend tells you she likes such & such product, you are more likely to buy it, than if you just saw a commercial for it. People feel like the bloggers they follow are their friend, even if they don't know that person. Sometimes the companies will give the blogger items to give away to their readers as well.

Also, if you have a lot of traffic on your blog, you can get companies to pay you for advertising space on your blog.

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 12:17am
post #66 of 71

Added u melamel

SecretAgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:05am
post #67 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbaranne

Quote:
Originally Posted by casmom

may I ask what's the difference does it make if you have more/less followers on your blog?

The more people that see your blog, the better chance you have of getting free stuff, as well as getting paid advertising. You may also get called from a TV show to be a guest. A lot of bloggers will give away free stuff so they can get a lot of comments. Companies see the traffic on the blog and want to advertise to that particular group of people. They may send the blogger a free item to review, in hopes that the blogger will give it great reviews.

Sometimes that kind of advertising is great for companies. If your friend tells you she likes such & such product, you are more likely to buy it, than if you just saw a commercial for it. People feel like the bloggers they follow are their friend, even if they don't know that person. Sometimes the companies will give the blogger items to give away to their readers as well.

Also, if you have a lot of traffic on your blog, you can get companies to pay you for advertising space on your blog.

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:14am
post #68 of 71

Well ladies and gents! I have finally posted a huge post this week. It is great that we're all following each other! I hope more people see this thread and start following as well. Who knows.....maybe one of us will end up with a "Julie & Julia" scenario icon_smile.gif

jessdessertsblog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessdessertsblog Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 8:18pm
post #69 of 71

Hey, I just followed everyone on the list so far. This is a blast, I love reading blogs! My link is

http://www.scratchbakeshoppe.com/

dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 10:13pm
post #70 of 71

ok... I wrote all the new ones down... going to follow when I get back home from bible study....

I am updating mine to show all the stuff from our first bridal show... as soon as I am done I will lwt u guys know so U can check it out...

PS.... 2 cakes.... you are going to LOVVVEEEEE lol they were the show-stoppers... everyone loved them... I also wanna share how we did the set p... our tastings.... decorations, etc...

Cya in a few...

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 12:57am
post #71 of 71

I have a little giveaway on my blog today, go post a comment if you want to participate!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%