Ultimate Cake Off - Sharon Of Sugarshack

Lounge By PoodleDoodle Updated 14 Mar 2010 , 12:53am by JaeRodriguez

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 5:53am
post #121 of 130

pat and sharon..i am so sorry to keep asking you guys questions but I find it very interesting. (since i had never watched the show before last monday)

How did you guys get invited to do the show?

Do they let you know way in advance what the bride wants so that you can practice, design etc... or is there just standard equipment/supplies that they tell you to bring.

i think it is all fascinating...i love learning about new things.
if you get tired of answering my questions just tell me to shut and leave you alone. icon_lol.gif i will completely understand. (my organic chemistry professor once told me to quit asking questions and get out of his class) icon_lol.gif

thanks for taking the time.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:10am
post #122 of 130

NP!

I was asked to come back as a lead this season after being an assistant last season. We had about 2 months to prepare , you do get your theme beforehand so you can build your structure etc. You bring with you every single thing you need. All they have is that TV set, which is not a functioning kitchen.

icon_smile.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 6:25am
post #123 of 130

thank you. OMG I would drive myself CRAZY rechecking my packed supplies and probably inadvertently pull something out and leave it behind. my luck it would be my airbrush system (aka my baby)

i think you guys are brave to go on the show and spot light your talents. hats off to you. I really enjoyed watching, and am planning on recording this monday.. because i saw there was another member participating. I cant wait to cheer her on !! icon_biggrin.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 8:26am
post #124 of 130

I thought it was a great show and all the cakes were amazing....I don't know whay anyone would think Sharon rude, I think she is just cute and fun to watch....I wish they would let us see more technique............but hey I have Sharons dvd's hehe ....great show, I loved it.

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 10:27pm
post #125 of 130

I was just now able to sit down and watch the show... All three cakes were something that in my wildest dreams, I wouldn't be able to complete. They were amazing! I think all the teams did a fabulous job!

Sharon- you were so spunky! I love it!!

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 12:04am
post #126 of 130

I always remind myself that it's just TV, but still get tricked with the drama. In the beginning when they introduced all the teams, they all showed beautiful pictures of cakes so I was surprised when they made Jan look like she could not keep it together and was not sure what she was doing (about the structure). I wonder how she feels now after the show. I thought all cakes were beautiful and amazing.
I always figured they would serve sheet cakes since the cakes never look the same as they do in the cake tastings. Do you provide the sheet cakes as well?
Since you get a two month notice, why would they have you do a sketch in the beginning as if you are just being told about the theme? (I guess for TV...)
Also, when they interview you for your opinions (for instance about the talent test for the bc roses and they asked for comments) do you comment after the show is over or do they pause the competition for interviews?
Beautiful cakes and a fun show to watch. Thank you all!

sugarshack Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 2:06am
post #127 of 130

Thank you!

Jan called me and I missed her call, I will talk to her this weekend. I feel SO bad for her and what they did to her. She is such an incredible artist. And a super nice and funny lady

TLC provides the sheet cakes

The intervioews are the day after and you comment on what happened; and then they jumble it all up and edit to do what they want...LOL

Making of the sketch on camera is for show. In fact you have to submit your sketches for approval ahead of time .

u have to have your plan and supplies before you fo; inmpossible to do it otherwise.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:00am
post #128 of 130

Thank you.
So if TLC is providing the sheet cakes. the cake tastings they do really don't matter? What is the purpose of that?
Oh, let me guess, for the show... icon_rolleyes.gif
Sharon, what great TV personality you have, I'm sure they would like you back. I found you very upbeat, energetic and with a positive attitude.
I don't know how you all do it in front of cameras and in a different environment etc.

sugarshack Posted 12 Mar 2010 , 5:35am
post #129 of 130

yep, all for show, to have a mini contest someone can win to sit someone else out!

Thank you for the nice words. It was very stressful, I will not lie. but we did have a lot of fun too!

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 14 Mar 2010 , 12:53am
post #130 of 130

Sharon, thank you for being so patient answering questions this is such an interesting thread to learn what actually happens! :]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%