Ace Of Cakes Products At Michael's

Decorating By bridge72 Updated 25 Jul 2010 , 2:40pm by sassy22

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 10:19pm
post #91 of 98

I do Hope Duff's fondant gives Wilton Crap a run for thier money!!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Mar 2010 , 10:41pm
post #92 of 98

Adree, your manager probably couldn't say much because they don't always know that much. I know my manager said we were getting it but he didn't know how much. There are like three different amounts of products the different stores will be getting.

For the Walmart vs Michaels comments, the price difference in my area before the coupon is only about $2.

The items you can't use the coupon on, I'm not sure if that is actually all Michaels that says that, I think the companies behind the products have a say too.

Of course Michaels has the coupons to get people into the store. It works doesn't it? How many people run in there every week with their 40% or 50% off coupon? And while you are there, how may other items do you buy? Same thing with all the sales they have.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 1:05am
post #93 of 98

Sorry I shouldn't have said she "couldn't" say anything about it. She is actually "not allowed" to say anything about it. She said that was was literally sworn to secrecy about the whole line lol. That's what I thought was strange.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 2:07am
post #94 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Playdoh would give Wilton a run for its money! icon_lol.gif

MACakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MACakes Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:04am
post #95 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

You guys don't find the whole Duff line of products to be something of a gimmick?

yup! I will still make my own fondant. Dnd further to the "doing it like Martha" comment. She doesn't do any of it, she hires trained professionals! icon_confused.gif

Spectra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spectra Posted 11 Mar 2010 , 3:41am
post #96 of 98

I had my cake course yesterday, Tuesday, at Michael's and they just got their shipment of Duff in that morning. $30 here for it, yikes! I guess it wouldn't be bad with the coupon... The only other options here are Wilton and Virgin Ice, which is better than Wilton and quarter of the price, and is easy to work with, but still tastes 'ick' to me.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 13 Mar 2010 , 6:12am
post #97 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Playdoh would give Wilton a run for its money! icon_lol.gif

hahaha! Seriously, if it wasn't for Wilton, we wouldn't be fighting all these customers who Hate Fondant. I have to beg them to try my fondant and they go Wow, that is NOTHING like the Fondant I had before! I tell them its real fondant not the plastic stuff from the craft store that has a shelf life of 200 years.

sassy22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sassy22 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 2:40pm
post #98 of 98

we have it here in howell, nj
i bought one set of the texture mats and a can of the silver spray - we shall see

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%