Help!!! Snakeskin Texture Needed!

Decorating By mamaof3cutiez Updated 6 Feb 2010 , 12:08am by milkmaid42

mamaof3cutiez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamaof3cutiez Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:47pm
post #1 of 8

Hi. Does anyone have an idea or suggestion of how I can get a snake skin texture on fondant? I am wanting it for a purse cake, and I can't think of how to make it have that texture? Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 8

No idea, but thought I'd give you a bump. Hopefully someone knows!

mamaof3cutiez Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 9:17pm
post #3 of 8

thanks! I hope so too!

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 8

You know the plastic light covers that go over flourescent lights? I guess they're "officially" called diffusers. Anyway, they have lots of different patterns, including a small diamond pattern. I've heard that some people have used these for texturing icing...either fondant or buttercream. You can find them at most home improvement stores. They come in sheets...like 24x36 inches. You can cut them to a size that is more managable.

Here are some pictures I've found: http://www.malcolite.com/index.php?id=9,4,0,0,1,0

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 8

Also, cross stich sheets. The little plastic grid squares they sell in craft stores.

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 11:22pm
post #6 of 8

Since I was using it for a gumpaste show I made (my profile picture), I bought this texture print maker from California Paper Goods. Worked well and it's inexpensive!

http://capg.zoovy.com/product/9697/9697---Rubber-Texture-Print-Maker-snake-skin.html

HTH!

mamaof3cutiez Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you Mvucic!!! That is exactly what I need!!! icon_lol.gif

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 12:08am
post #8 of 8

I was going to suggest imprinting with a mesh bag that potatoes or onions come in, but just looked at the rubber imprinter that mvucic suggested. Wow, that is cool. I might have to get one, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%