I Figured Out The Cheap Customer Code

Decorating By costumeczar Updated 17 Jan 2014 , 4:22pm by ellavanilla

Lizzybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizzybug78 Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 5:03pm
post #31 of 46

A

Original message sent by as you wish

I swear some people think that we just mix up a bunch of ingredients, put it all in the oven and set the timer; when the timer dings we pull a fully finished cake with perfectly smooth buttercream or fondant (depending of course on which ingredients we used) from the oven. You know, "simple"! We then proceed to add decorations, and that's when we get to really stick it to the customer and over-charge!

Bummer, I've obviously bought the wrong ovens. Have you got a link for these ones? :D

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 5:12pm
post #32 of 46

A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybug78 

Bummer, I've obviously bought the wrong ovens. Have you got a link for these ones? icon_biggrin.gif

I think those are called "Easy bake ovens" :D

anavillatoro1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anavillatoro1 Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 6:08pm
post #33 of 46

AThis tread is just in time that my husband cousin is asking me for a simple cake (picture below and is not my cake) [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3168744/width/350/height/700[/IMG] I do not sell cakes and I told her this is a expensive gift and she said "I want just a simple cake box cake" like box really save me all the time "simple" doesn't exist when you have a full time job and two kids..... sorry I am so mad :-xs

Lizzybug78 Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 8:03pm
post #34 of 46

A

Original message sent by anavillatoro1

This tread is just in time that my husband cousin is asking me for a simple cake (picture below and is not my cake) [IMG ALT=""]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3168744/width/350/height/700[/IMG] I do not sell cakes and I told her this is a expensive gift and she said "I want just a simple cake box cake" like box really save me all the time "simple" doesn't exist when you have a full time job and two kids..... sorry I am so mad :-xs

Wow, that's cheeky! We have a good friend who's a builder. I wonder what his reaction would be if I asked him for an extension - 'but it's just a box on the back of the house'...

Lizzybug78 Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 8:04pm
post #35 of 46

A

Original message sent by craftybanana

Quote:

Bummer, I've obviously bought the wrong ovens. Have you got a link for these ones? icon_biggrin.gif

I think those are called "Easy bake ovens" :D

Lol :D

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 8:38pm
post #36 of 46

That's a lovely cake, isn't it. Anyone know what kind of grass that is?

Quote:

Wow, that's cheeky! We have a good friend who's a builder. I wonder what his reaction would be if I asked him for an extension - 'but it's just a box on the back of the house'...

ROTFLMAO!!! That really hit my funny bone. Love it!

anavillatoro1 Posted 16 Jan 2014 , 9:48pm
post #37 of 46

A

Original message sent by Lizzybug78

Lol you make my day :-D

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 12:08am
post #38 of 46

The cake is "Ali"  by Carrie's Cakes
Dimensions: 14"-10"- 6" squares [deep] to serve 140
Price: $700.00

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 12:33am
post #39 of 46

A[@]howsweet[/@]--possibly wheat grass. You can find it growing in the counters of some juice bars and health food-type places.

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 12:53am
post #40 of 46

In New England it's "I just want something plain", or ...................we don't like cake anyway but thought we should have something at the reception for the guests.  My answers are threefold,   Pick one of the following.  1.)  I don't do "plain".  2.)  You'll love MY cake.  3.)  So sorry but that weekend is booked.

howsweet Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 1:03am
post #41 of 46

Nice ^^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassyzan 

@howsweet--possibly wheat grass. You can find it growing in the counters of some juice bars and health food-type places.

Thanks, that's hat I was thinking, too. I wonder if they juiced it after. haha

anavillatoro1 Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 1:21am
post #42 of 46

A

Original message sent by auzzi

;-D

howsweet Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 2:04am
post #43 of 46

Quote:

Originally Posted by auzzi 

Is that your cake? It's lovely.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 4:22am
post #44 of 46

A

Original message sent by howsweet

Same here. Or just answer, my cakes are eleventy million dollars.

Oh yeah. I can tell with 95percent accuracy who is just looking for a cheap cake, by the first sentence of their email or message. Sad, but true.

lolarx8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lolarx8 Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 12:12pm
post #45 of 46

I am reading this at 7 a.m. Thanks everyone for putting a smile on my face for the rest of the day. Loved this!!!:smile:

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 17 Jan 2014 , 4:10pm
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by anavillatoro1 

This tread is just in time that my husband cousin is asking me for a simple cake (picture below and is not my cake)
I do not sell cakes and I told her this is a expensive gift and she said "I want just a simple cake box cake" like box really save me all the time "simple" doesn't exist when you have a full time job and two kids..... sorry I am so mad :-xs

i did not know that it came out of the box that way. i'll have to find that store!!

a friend kindly sent me a craigslist ad--that's really the first clue. if a person is seeking a custom cake off craigslist, that's the same as saying, "i am not going to pay retail for this." IMO.  Anyway, the ad requests a birthday cake (no sizes given) and 4 dozen custom decorated cookies. The pic of the cookies showed 5 different cookies, surfboards, a hibiscus flower and a custom logo design, all piped. Forget that I can't do that, the budget was $200. I simply replied that the lady was high if she thought she'd get those cookies for less than $60/doz. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%