Is There Any Way To Speed Up Drying Of The Icing?

Baking By cakedesigner59 Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 5:43pm by prterrell

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 7

Whether using glaze or royal....I am decorating some cookies today to give to my BFF tomorrow and I know they won't be dry in time. Grrrr. Can they be put in a warm oven? or would that ruin the cookie?

6 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 7

i think it would dry the cookie out.. i personally ...would put them in front of a small fan... not drying . directly on them.. but across them.. i use a small fan all the time on something.. ha! i always need things to be done .. yesterday...ha!

cakedesigner59 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 12:06am
post #3 of 7

thanks!! Yea, I kinda figured the oven wouldn't work. Oh well. icon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 7

RI does dry faster than glace; i'd just use fondant for last minute cookies that won't have enough time to dry.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 7

it depends on what your doing, is there alot of details?

I put mine under my stove light (you know which one I mean right?) with a fan oscillating about 3 ft away.

I have hear other people put them in the oven with JUST THE LIGHT ON!! no heat icon_smile.gif

cakedesigner59 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 7

I'm using cookie crazie's glace type icing and it dries pretty fast. I did another batch of them last night and I think they will be fine to stack by tomorrow when I put the tray together. Thanks!!!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 7

I leave my cookies to sit on the dining room table with the ceiling fan running on medium, usually overnight, but they're dry to the touch in about 4 hours.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%