Cake Boards At Sams

Decorating By in2cakes2 Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 8:23pm by sammie192

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 8:06pm
post #1 of 18

Is anyone else having a hard time getting Sams to sell them cake boards? I usually buy the 50 count scalloped edge 1/2 sheet (not very often though) and I went in there yesterday and they said that they were not allowed to sell baking supplies from the bakery anymore, really!?!?

17 replies
greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 18

Kroger & Wal-Mart won't sell theirs either....

11cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11cupcakes Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 11:05pm
post #3 of 18

I know people who bought theirs at the grocery store and lately they can't get it too.

in2cakes2 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:16am
post #4 of 18

Well I'm glad it isn't just me, guess I'll have to find a new source.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:37am
post #5 of 18

ive been purchasing some items at price chopper and the other day i wanted to get some of the princess cake topper stuff. and the manager told me that they will slowly stop selling their cake supplies-because they are finding that too many people are decorating their own cakes and not purchasing theirs. (really...now!) and they are losing orders.
stop/shop stopped awhile ago too.

in2cakes2 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:41am
post #6 of 18

It is a shame because they were a great price too 50 count scalloped edge wax boards for $9.00. SHEESH!!

cakesbymindysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbymindysue Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 6:14am
post #7 of 18

It may also be because some Sam's are closing. The one near where I live closed yesterday, they only announced it a couple weeks ago. I think in total they were closing 11 stores nationwide.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:38pm
post #8 of 18

been getting stuff from sams for years......they say they are in business for small business....call the store manager,i just bought some last week, you can't go by what a bakery worker says.

in2cakes2 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 5:41pm
post #9 of 18

So have I so thats why it ticked me off so much. Thanks though I'll go in tomorrow evening and try again.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 7:02pm
post #10 of 18

i've had trouble with the bakery workers from time to time too.
you can get the 1/2 sheet boxes there too, i wish the had 1/4 sheet boxes and boards.

if they give you more grief talk to the store manager...not the bakery manager.

in2cakes2 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 7:10pm
post #11 of 18

Thanks!

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 3:58am
post #12 of 18

Wow I did not know that. I must ask about that when I go there. I'm surprise thought they are out to help small businesses. icon_confused.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:34am
post #13 of 18

Their motto/slogan was "We're in business for small business!" They changed that several years ago. "Enjoy the possibilities" and "Savings made simple" replaced it as they wanted to make the individual shoppers feel more welcomed. Just a bit of trivia for anyone that might be interested...

V-dizzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
V-dizzy Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 7:25am
post #14 of 18

Agreed - ask the store manager. I work at costco and I know sometimes my bakery manager is reluctant to sell some things, but the store manager's only goal is to please customers...and after all, they are probably making at least a 20% profit off you...a sale is a sale...

TAPG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TAPG Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 1:33am
post #15 of 18

I just came from Sam's today and purchased 1/2 sheet boxes with the window tops and the round plastic cake trays with the clear plastic dome tops. I just went to the bakery counter and asked the lady if Sam's sold bakery boxes and she said they only carried those two sizes. She went in the back got the boxes and stuck price labels on the packages and I purchased them at the main checkout.

TAPG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TAPG Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 1:35am
post #16 of 18

I just came from Sam's today and purchased 1/2 sheet boxes with the window tops and the round plastic cake trays with the clear plastic dome tops. I just went to the bakery counter and asked the lady if Sam's sold bakery boxes and she said they only carried those two sizes. She went in the back got the boxes and stuck price labels on the packages and I purchased them at the main checkout.

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:19pm
post #17 of 18

TAPG what size are the round cake trays you got? and your 1/2 boxes with window are they just plain white or pink boxes? I am thinking about getting some. Thanks for the help. sammie

sammie192 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sammie192 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:23pm
post #18 of 18

One more questioned how many and how much did they cost the rounds and 1/2 boxes? Thanks sammie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%