Can This Be Done? Wedding Cake For $300

Decorating By HamSquad Updated 8 Jan 2014 , 1:01am by kmanning

HarleyDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarleyDee Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:48pm
post #91 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

How would you even approach Costco with that?

"What do you mean, why should you donate? No, I don't WANT to trim my invite list! Yes, I already asked CakeCentral what to do and they just laughed at me. Yes, I know people in Haiti are starving and you're trying to donate food to them. But you have to help ME. It's my BIG day...even though I can't afford it, I deserve it!!! THE WORLD OWES ME CAKE!!!" {{at this point bride spirals down, screaming, and melts into a steaming puddle of tears and egg whites. A bubble slowly rises to the surface and...Pops! sending a tiny poof of powdered sugar dust up into the air}}
I should eat something...

I think I just peed my pants icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:02pm
post #92 of 106

artscallion, don't forget the one that always cracks me up .... how they have a RIGHT to a beautiful ornate huge cake!! icon_lol.gif

artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:33pm
post #93 of 106

Oh yeah, Indy. I think that one's in the US Bill of Rights, right between the "right of the people to keep and bear cute little gumpaste arms" and "the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of Rice Krispie Treats."

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 9:23pm
post #94 of 106

LOL....this is almost as bad as the client that phoned Leahs last year and asked her (high end custom cake artist) if she accepted food stamps. icon_eek.gif

Hey, don't laugh....a bunch of us gals were reprimanded because "everyone is entitled to the wedding cake of their dreams"....that's what some members told us anyway. icon_rolleyes.gif

ShopGrl1128 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShopGrl1128 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 9:37pm
post #95 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

How would you even approach Costco with that?

"What do you mean, why should you donate? No, I don't WANT to trim my invite list! Yes, I already asked CakeCentral what to do and they just laughed at me. Yes, I know people in Haiti are starving and you're trying to donate food to them. But you have to help ME. It's my BIG day...even though I can't afford it, I deserve it!!! THE WORLD OWES ME CAKE!!!" {{at this point bride spirals down, screaming, and melts into a steaming puddle of tears and egg whites. A bubble slowly rises to the surface and...Pops! sending a tiny poof of powdered sugar dust up into the air}}
I should eat something...

I think I just peed my pants icon_biggrin.gif

OMG! OMG! OMG! you guys are so funny!!! icon_lol.gif

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 9:52pm
post #96 of 106

Hello To everyone who responded to this post. Funny, I never could find this until now! Thanks to Babarajean for the wonderful info. As I mentioned to her, my sister and I have definitely decided to pass on this. The nut case Bride is insisting on having a 4 to 6 tiered yellow cake covered with chocolate frosting with either fresh or fondant red roses. She has been shown cupcakes, she says that is too "kiddish", she wants the "current type of cake". So whom ever her Wedding Planner is, they can have at it with this unrealistic adventure. I don't understand how brides think they can cut the budget in the area of a cake, but spend a ton OF MONEY on a dress and a reception venue. "To me it is like my underwear that day isn't that important, they will be covered by an expensive suit or dress". LOL. I'm sick of CHEAP, I KNOW EVERYTHING BRIDES!
hAMMY

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 9:57pm
post #97 of 106

When you start a topic, you must click 'Watch this topic for replies' if you want to be notified.

HamSquad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HamSquad Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:37pm
post #98 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

When you start a topic, you must click 'Watch this topic for replies' if you want to be notified.

Thanks so much, I'm still a newbie when it comes to posting topics.
Hammy

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 10:20pm
post #99 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb_

LOL....this is almost as bad as the client that phoned Leahs last year and asked her (high end custom cake artist) if she accepted food stamps. icon_eek.gif

Hey, don't laugh....a bunch of us gals were reprimanded because "everyone is entitled to the wedding cake of their dreams"....that's what some members told us anyway. icon_rolleyes.gif

It used to iritate the mess out of me when people would come into the grocery store bakery and purchase elaborate birthday and wedding cakes and pay for them with their EBT (oh, don't dare call it food stamps! It's not food stamps it's EBT icon_rolleyes.gif). So glad to see you using my tax dollars to pay for non-essentials. icon_mad.gif

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 10:29pm
post #100 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb_

It used to iritate the mess out of me when people would come into the grocery store bakery and purchase elaborate birthday and wedding cakes and pay for them with their EBT (oh, don't dare call it food stamps! It's not food stamps it's EBT icon_rolleyes.gif). So glad to see you using my tax dollars to pay for non-essentials. icon_mad.gif

I've got a better one - for a little while, before the state caught on, people were able to make EBT purchases, return them for cash, and then go buy beer/cigs/etc. That was 1000% irritating icon_mad.gif

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 7:51pm
post #101 of 106

Ham-

Good Idea to pass this cake offer.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 8:06pm
post #102 of 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntmamie

I've got a better one - for a little while, before the state caught on, people were able to make EBT purchases, return them for cash, and then go buy beer/cigs/etc. That was 1000% irritating icon_mad.gif

Oh good grief! That tapedshut.gif me off! I hope (but, knowing the government, doubt icon_cool.gif ) those who had been doing that were subsequently barred from receiving any further government benefits. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she? icon_rolleyes.gif

need cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
need cake Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 9:08am
post #103 of 106

HELLO ,I need a cake for 80 to 100 people for $300 i live in the bronx and need a lil help . this is my wedding day , i don't have a lot for money and i need to no where i can get a wedding cakes ..

myobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myobsession Posted 23 Nov 2013 , 12:05pm
post #104 of 106

AWhy haven't I seen this post before. Funny but helpful with great information that makes you laugh at the same time. GENIUS! What kind cake are you looking for [@]need cake[/@]?

Lynn103 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynn103 Posted 7 Jan 2014 , 1:31am
post #105 of 106

Not possible I charge 5.00 per slice and additional cost for everything else. Not unless she finds someone right out of pastry school and needs the practice.

kmanning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmanning Posted 8 Jan 2014 , 1:01am
post #106 of 106

AYou could always down size the display cake and just have sheet cakes in the back for cutting. Even doing so you may not get the price under 300 but it will save her some.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%