My Meeting With The Funky Bride..

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 1:58pm by cylstrial

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 29

no she didn't smell funky... icon_biggrin.gif But her cake sure is going to be falling into that funky category! So I spoke with the bride and she told me she wanted something crazy and funky. I thought ok.. I get so tired of the same look, its fun to do different! I go and meet her today.. she wants a LIME green wedding cake NOT sage but LIME, white scroll work, her flowers are going to be a bright orange color. Ok.. so I can deal with what she wants, I mean it is HER wedding! She tells me her friend is an artist and is making a bride/groom replica of them in bobble head form for the topper! I definitely will take a picture of this one before applying the bobble heads. icon_biggrin.gif

28 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 29

be sure and take pics with the bobble heads on tooicon_smile.gif It sounds like a really fun cake. I have to say I'm a big fan of funkyicon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelgirl

I definitely will take a picture of this one before applying the bobble heads. icon_biggrin.gif

LOL - I would too! It actually sounds cute to me for a birthday cake or something. But hey - if she wants it for her wedding, more power to her.

Have fun with it!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 29

i,d like to see the bobble head and all.. sounds great to me..

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 29

Good for her! Same ol' cookie cutter wedding stuff is so predictable. I think what got me into different things for weddings was that one on You Tube where they danced down the aisle!
Post pics!!

tarheelgirl Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 10:13pm
post #6 of 29

Oh yes! I will take a picture for my portfolio and one to post on CC! icon_lol.gif I did a May wedding last year that was hot pink, zebra stripes. icon_biggrin.gif

This bride seems so EASY to work with! Its refreshing to get those at least once a year!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 12:52am
post #7 of 29

Cool!! How nice to have something REALLY different! Love the color selection too! icon_smile.gif

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:16am
post #8 of 29

I love bold colours and think that is very fun....even if it's a wedding cake....although i personally would have gone with bright pink with the lime green but hey orange is good too..... icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:30am
post #9 of 29

I've seen some pretty lime green cakes, like these. Should be a fun one. Isn't it great to get to do something unusual?!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1221576.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1241354.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_804543.html

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:33am
post #10 of 29

That's why I loved doing this green, pink and orange cake: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1510536 The daughter helped a lot with the design and I had great fun making this cake!

Elise87 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:34am
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth0209

I've seen some pretty lime green cakes, like these. Should be a fun one. Isn't it great to get to do something unusual?!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1221576.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1241354.html
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_804543.html

I think the 3rd cake's colour would go best with a bright orange...is that the colour the bride is looking at?

kakabekabunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakabekabunny Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:01am
post #12 of 29

wow...........lime green must be the "IN" colour for brides this year......A co-worker wants me to make her one with orange, hot pink, & yellow gerbera daisies. Can hardly wait for this one.

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:26am
post #13 of 29

*sigh*....I just LOVE brides like that!!

That is so much fun, congrats!! I love the green/white combo. Here's a few I've saved for inspiration. (Their names are the bakers who made them....last one I don't know, sorry icon_sad.gif )
LL
LL
LL

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:41am
post #14 of 29

I LOVE all the above cakes!!! I say go bold, make a statement! Love it or hate at least the guests will remember it.

tarheelgirl Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 2:46am
post #15 of 29

oh WOW so many cool shades of green! I'm thinking the 1st one that Ruth posted is close to the color she likes. But now looking at all the awesome cakes posted I cannot WAIT! icon_biggrin.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 11:56pm
post #16 of 29

Wow! Loving these green cakes. I wish my 'funky' bride wanted that combo. Instead she wants royal blue and orange.

And wants it not to look like a birthday cake for a 5 year old.

Or a high school football team.

icon_cry.gif

tarheelgirl Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:17am
post #17 of 29

Does she want the whole cake blue? Oh my.. It would look pretty with a blue ribbon on the base of each tier and a punch color with orange flowers. Or reversed. I am sure you'll come up with something creative your cakes are awesome!! icon_biggrin.gif

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:04am
post #18 of 29

Tubbs, I think this is a fabulous cake. Maybe the black could be changed to blue.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1381582.html

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:40am
post #19 of 29

Yeah, or how about this one for that orange/blue-themed cake, Tubbs? I saw this on a wedding blog called Little White Book last summer and saved it. The other pic is a fun goldfish-themed one by Pink Cake Box that would work too.
LL
LL

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:47am
post #20 of 29

I loooooove those orange and blue cakes...of course my wedding cake was that color scheme. I have a dummy with those colors, plus white. And those green cakes are so beautiful. Isn't it exciting to see beautiful cakes!? I know it is for me!

bonnscakesAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonnscakesAZ Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:52am
post #21 of 29

That sounds like a fun cake@!

tarheelgirl Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 2:57am
post #22 of 29

I have always LOVED that 1st one by Pink Cake Box!! icon_biggrin.gif

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:11am
post #23 of 29

Who knew that green could be so pretty! I love all of the cakes posted in this thread! icon_biggrin.gif

Elise87 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:13am
post #24 of 29

yeh a lighter royal blue cake with like orange flowers would be nice

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:13pm
post #25 of 29

Thanks for the lovely ideas everyone (and sorry to hijack the thread), but it's really a ROYAL blue she wants - she's sent me swatches and everything. Royal blue and true, bright orange.

I'll try and include a pic of the inspiration cake. She wants it in white fondant, two tiers only, with these colours - no flowers at all, or the cool wrap and button effect on the top.

I convinced her to go for the ribbon effect in the orange, and a blue bead around the bottom of each tier. We'll see how it turns out...
LL

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:23pm
post #26 of 29

ok, I just wanted to say I had a bride like this...........second wedding cake I ever made and I was scared to DEATH!!!

She told me her colors were Black, lime green, electric blue, hot pink, yellow, and purple and she wanted them all on the cake!!!!

I sat there for a minute and was like....ummmmmm.....then she said "AND I've already got the flowers....and she pulled out these silk gerbera daisies that were about 4-6" across (huge) and had 3 ft. stems on them........I think I sat there with my mouth open and was like.....uhoh.........then I said "let's narrow this down to MAIN colors and ACCENT colors. She picked Green , black and pink as the main colors to focus us.

To this day, I get MORE compliments on this ONE cake above any other cake I've ever done!!! She was so much fun to work with and once it was on paper......it didn't seem so odd or crazy!! She loved her cake and has referred 1,000's of dollars of business my way!
LL

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:26pm
post #27 of 29

I love that cake Tina! Awesome

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:14pm
post #28 of 29

Love, love, LOVE the blue/orange cakes!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 1:58pm
post #29 of 29

Wow! I am loving all of the green cakes!! Now I'm wondering why I didn't use lime green for my wedding? =o)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%