Mailing A Cake

Baking By colie94 Updated 18 Jan 2010 , 9:57am by FlourPots

colie94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colie94 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 7

I have my first request to mail a cake. Any suggestions/recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

6 replies
mrsc808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsc808 Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 7

I'd be too scared to mail a cake. Good luck!

katystinykitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katystinykitchen Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 10:59pm
post #3 of 7

I only sell cakes and cupcakes for local pickup only. I would never ship a cake!

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 17 Jan 2010 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 7

I have not heard good things about shipping cakes... it is more fragile then glass lol. I would politely decline on this... perhaps offer to ship cookies instead?

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 1:38am
post #5 of 7

A couple of weeks ago I mailed a 4"round to my grandson. It was iced in buttercream with an edible image on top. I piped just a small shell border around the top and bottom edge. I used one of the small plastic containers like you get at the salad bar in the grocery store. I cut a cake board to fit in it tightly. I made the cake just high enough not to touch the top of the container, but not much room for it to be juggled around. I also cut a small piece of parchment paper and put on top of the cake. The cake got there in one piece. The top border was a little flattened, but no other damage. I've never tried a large cake. It was sent propriety mail from MD to FL.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 3:30am
post #6 of 7

Too scary. I've generally not had anything too messed up by the lovely US postal employees but I've had lots of "do not bend" stuff bent and "this end up" stuff upside down, not good if it was a cakeicon_sad.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 18 Jan 2010 , 9:57am
post #7 of 7

Here's a post from one of my favorite blogs: http://jessicakesblog.blogspot.com/2009/11/successful-experiment.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%