Cookies And Cream Filling Question...

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 4 Dec 2009 , 12:27am by scionmom

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 5:42am
post #1 of 20

Which is more commonly used to make a cookies and cream filling....IMBC or whipped cream? Once i put the crushed oreo's in do you think they would they taste similar?

19 replies
MnSnow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MnSnow Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 12:39pm
post #2 of 20

I use the cookies and cream pudding mixed with crushed oreos and bettercream

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 12:51pm
post #3 of 20

I used my regular buttercream(sugarshak's) and just added crushed oreos to it, it was fabulous!

victoriacakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
victoriacakery Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 12:59pm
post #4 of 20

I recently made a filling with 50/50 Marshmallow Cream and my usual crusting BC and added the crushed Oreos. The Marshmallow cream firmed up the filling without making it to sweet. I loved it and more importantly my customer loved it too thumbs_up.gif .

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:03pm
post #5 of 20

I make a faux Bavarian by mixing one (4 serving size) box of vanilla instant pudding mix, 1 cup of whole milk, and one small container Cool Whip (fold in the wihpped topping after the milk and pudding mix are blended smooth) OR 2 cups of heavy cream whipped and sweetened and stabilized. Then I fold in about 1-2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (depending on how thick I want it to be).

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 20

I just add crushed Oreo's to my regular buttercream - it works great and is super easy.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 12:56am
post #7 of 20

I also add Oreo's to my regular buttercream. It's delicious!

trixieleigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trixieleigh Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:10am
post #8 of 20

I have also used a package of white chocolate or cheesecake pudding mix, 1C milk, and crushed oreos as a filling. I liked it better than just buttercream with oreos as a filling.

Elise87 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:48am
post #9 of 20

thanks for the suggestions guys but i am in Aust so i can't do the pudding mixes or the bettercreams or cool whips etc lol So since no one really seams to use whipped cream i might just try the imbc with jsut the crushed oreos icon_smile.gif

prterrell Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 2:59am
post #10 of 20

Do you have pre-made custard there like they do in England? If so, you could mix that with stabilized whipped cream to make the Bavarian and then mix the cookies into that.

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:20am
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbmom

I used my regular buttercream(sugarshak's) and just added crushed oreos to it, it was fabulous!

Don't the Oreos get soggy?
How far ahead could you make this?

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:25am
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnSnow

I use the cookies and cream pudding mixed with crushed oreos and bettercream

This is exactly what I do! So good, Bettercream is so versatile thumbs_up.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 4:29am
post #13 of 20

I make the Whimsical Bakehouse BC and add crushed Oreo wafers. I remove the Oreo filling though and use just the wafers. The crushed up Oreos do absorb some of the moisture from the BC which stiffens it up a bit. Works perfectly.

Elise87 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 4:39am
post #14 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Do you have pre-made custard there like they do in England? If so, you could mix that with stabilized whipped cream to make the Bavarian and then mix the cookies into that.

do you mean like custard powder or pouring custard?

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 4:42am
post #15 of 20

elise87... in the whimsical bake house book. she is making this cookies and cream .. using.. 2 1/2 cups heavy cream... 1/4 cup powder sugar.. 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla est... 20 chocolate oreos.. crushed into medium pieces.. you whip at high speed the heavy cream .. powder sugar and vanilla. until stiff peaks. then add the crushed oreos. i have made it many times. it is stable and delicious... again, this is coming from the whimsical bakehouse book. hth

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 5:04am
post #16 of 20

I've used Imbc (the only bc I use) and just crush and add Oreo's. I've done it twice now and both times it was great! I usually made it 2 days in advance and never had a soggy cookie issue. I like the IMBC because it's not as sweet as some, so it complements the Oreo's nicely. I've used it at Birthday parties for children and adults and everyone loved it. Good luck!

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 4:49pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_girl816

I've used Imbc (the only bc I use) and just crush and add Oreo's. I've done it twice now and both times it was great! I usually made it 2 days in advance and never had a soggy cookie issue. I like the IMBC because it's not as sweet as some, so it complements the Oreo's nicely. I've used it at Birthday parties for children and adults and everyone loved it. Good luck!

Thank you!

prterrell Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 11:30pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise87

Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

do you mean like custard powder or pouring custard?

Well, our instant pudding mix is pretty close to custard powder. I was thinking of tubs of custard, like you can get tubs of yogurt or sour cream. I've seen Jamie Oliver use them on tv.

KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 12:14am
post #19 of 20

I use IMBC too (all butter). Tastes divine and needs no refrigeration. It's one of my most poular fillings.

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 12:27am
post #20 of 20

I made some for my daughters birthday cake and it was delicious and I got tons of compliments. Here is the link for the recipe.
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2330/cookies-and-cream

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%