Uk Logo On A Carrot Cake? Help Please!!

Decorating By dawnstulee Updated 17 Nov 2009 , 11:59pm by leah_s

dawnstulee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnstulee Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 1:34am
post #1 of 5

what is the best way to put a UK logo on a carrot cake with cream cheese icing? i don't HAVE to have the wildcat but i would like to. i do not have a lot of experience yet-still a newbie icon_smile.gif and i haven't done a FBCT yet. but that wouldn't work on cream cheese icing anyway, would it? i have a auk stencil i made (used on a practice cake in my pics) but i think cc icing would be too soft to support a stencil? and 1 more thing, this woman's husband is a professional chef!! aghhhhhh! my boss is buying it for her b-day when they are down here for thanksgiving. her daughter is a uk grad. thanks for any advice you got!

4 replies
Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 2:29am
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnstulee

what is the best way to put a UK logo on a carrot cake with cream cheese icing? i don't HAVE to have the wildcat but i would like to. i do not have a lot of experience yet-still a newbie icon_smile.gif and i haven't done a FBCT yet. but that wouldn't work on cream cheese icing anyway, would it? i have a auk stencil i made (used on a practice cake in my pics) but i think cc icing would be too soft to support a stencil? and 1 more thing, this woman's husband is a professional chef!! aghhhhhh! my boss is buying it for her b-day when they are down here for thanksgiving. her daughter is a uk grad. thanks for any advice you got!

Why not cut it out of gum paste or fondant?

dawnstulee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnstulee Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 5

i thought of that but to be able to do the wildcat, could i do a fbct then set it on the cake over a similar shaped piece of fondant then put it on the cake??

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 5

I don't know why a FBCT couldn't go on cream cheese icing. But you could put it on fondant and then set it on the cake...might even be easier.
I have a UK logo with the wildcat on a cake in my pix. I cut it out of fondant and it was a pain to do. The FBCT would probably be easier.
Good luck. Be sure to post pix.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Nov 2009 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 5

Actually you really, really need to use an edible image - one from a reseller of licensed characters. One of my local cake shops sells these. it will work just fine on cream cheese icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%