Cake Pieces

Decorating By cybil6 Updated 16 Nov 2009 , 3:08pm by indydebi

cybil6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cybil6 Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do with the tops after leveling the cakes? Seems like an awful lot of wasted cake and I would love to make some sort of dessert with the pieces but don't have any ideas.

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 7:59pm
post #2 of 8

cake balls

bellabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabakes Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 8

Why cake balls of course!

Or you could do what I do and cut down on the amount of cake you cut off in the first place! I always press down on the top of my cakes right when they get out of the oven with a cake board that fits inside the pan, or sometimes just with a clean kitchen towel under my hands. Gets the cakes level so I don't have to cut them or have any scraps! (which I will inevitably eat....) icon_biggrin.gif I also always bake at 325 with bake even strips, which makes them dome less = less to cut off/waste hth!

AmandaGudi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaGudi Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 9:35pm
post #4 of 8

defffffinitely cake balls!! They are soo delicious and then you already have the most time consuming step done!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 10:07pm
post #6 of 8

I typically have cake scraps after leveling as well as icing left over ... they go straight into cake balls. It feels so good now to no longer waste cake or yummy frosting! I made some yesterday coated with melted candy bark, but my DH said they taste better when I use white chocolate.

AmandaGudi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaGudi Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 2:32pm
post #7 of 8

I read the posted directions and that seems pretty good! When I make them I usually use chocolate cake and mix it with cream cheese in the bowl and roll into little balls and then dip into melted chocolate! One of my favorite desserts! Always a hit

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Nov 2009 , 3:08pm
post #8 of 8

Straight in the trash can. When you bake a few more cakes, you'll be sick of seeing it, too, and trust me .... it will go straight in the trash can.

It's no more "wasted food" than the potato and carrot peelings, than the ends of onions that you cut off and throw away, or the coffee grounds that are left over after making coffee.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%