Stressing!!!!

Decorating By FleurDeCake Updated 15 Nov 2009 , 10:02pm by Mme_K

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 16

Well hi all my cake friends... I am just needing to vent a bit ... I AM SOOO STRESSED I THINK I MAY LOSE MY SANITY! My only daughter is getting married a week from toda and I of course am doing her wedding cake .. and about a million other things that are wedding related. I want this cake to be the WOW factor . I am doing a 5 tier cake 15"petal ,12",10" round then a crystal cylinder type candle holder for separator then an 8" , and 6" round... now for the real clincher THIS IS MY FIRST WEDDING CAKE.. I am also adorning it with some elegant lace trim and 80 gumpaste roses. I know I know I have probably bitten off more than I can chew but I am committed to making it really special afterall its for my only little girl and she so deserves to have a beautiful day. With all that said, I guess I am just looking for some encouragement and maybe a few words of support. I can do this I know I can .. it just helps to hear others say it is so. Sorry this was so long .. thanks for listening. Now I am off to my real job hope to come home to some kind words .. You are all such great people thanks.

15 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 11:48pm
post #2 of 16

sure you can, I catered my daughters wedding, not the cake but everything else and I was working at the time, she is my only child and I to wanted everything perfect for her. If I can you can. Maybe hire a teenage girl or elderly lady that need extra cash to help with the clean up while you do her cake. Some one that is quiet lol HTH

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 16

Just thought I'd give some encouragement. Even if you never feel that's it's perfect, your daughter will! All will turn out great and you'll be so glad you did it.

Congrats to your daughter and enjoy every minute!

Nikki

mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 16

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

I did my first wedding cake a few weeks ago-five tiers. I had never done a tiered cake before and it turned out just fine. Just be sure to give yourself plenty of time to put it together and decorate it. And, don't hesitate to ask CC'ers for help. I don't think I could have done it without all the advise I got from everyone here.

If I did it, you can do it too!!!!! Good luck!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 7 Nov 2009 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 16

Sending cake angels your way....you CAN do it!!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 12:11am
post #6 of 16

You can do it. Breath, breath some more. Once you get going on it, it almost always just falls into place. You'll wonder what you were ever worried about.

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 4:49am
post #7 of 16

Wow, what a great mom! The cake sounds fantastic. Take a deep breath, then one step at a time, and make a really good checklist!

Good luck!

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:03am
post #8 of 16

Of course you can do it, silly. You're a mom! I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job. Agreeing with Tubbs, a checklist will guide you through. I'm a stickler for lists. Sounds like a beautfiul design for the cake. Best of luck! icon_smile.gif

FleurDeCake Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 6:58am
post #9 of 16

Thanks to you all ... I so appreciate you guys.. When I get it all done I will post a pic. Until then i will keep you all right here in spirit. Mimi

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 7:25am
post #10 of 16

You can do it and you'll never regret a moment of it. I did my daughter's wedding cake in July, and it was so special. I did a groom's cake for my sweet SIL, too.

The only thing I would change is that I would hire a wedding day coordinator to handle everything else. It would have been well worth the couple of hundred dollars I would have paid for it. I coordinated my daughter's wedding myself so by the time I made sure the cakes were done and set up, flowers arranged, ceremony and reception areas set up (linens and centerpieces), and all the million other details taken care of, I was exhausted. I didn't enjoy the reception as much as I might have because I was really spun out from trying to coordinate everything. If you have people you can delegate everything else to, DO IT. That way, you and your daughter can enjoy the wedding day just having a little quiet time together.

The cake will be wonderful. Enjoy the big day!! And take lots of pictures. I was so crazed that day, I forgot my camera. Good thing the photographer got great pics for me!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 8 Nov 2009 , 5:51pm
post #11 of 16

You can do it, so don't stress. I do agree with Ruth0209 though. You need day of help. I'm doing my daughter's Quince cake and my niece's wedding cake. We are hiring a day of coordinator and I told my niece and my sister I am NOT her wedding coordinator. She has to choose cake or coordinate wedding day of. It would be impossible for me to do both...or it'll be very stressful and I'm not doing that. A day of coordinator averages between $1500-2000, at least here it does. I'll be doing all the leg work for both events, but nothing that day and I believe it's worth it.

FleurDeCake Posted 12 Nov 2009 , 10:44am
post #12 of 16

Ok all my buddies... it's about 4:40am here in Louisiana and I just sat down after torting,filling and crumb coating all of my tiers.This cake is going tobe huge... I'm letting rest as I learned from all of you in case I get any bulging I will fix them later today... I am really anxious about rolling and covering with fondant. Oh by the way I used the 15" petal pan for the bottom tier and once its frosted it really doesnt seem that the petals are as pronounced as they should be. will have to work a bit more on that. Well I am off to bed now ... keep your fingers crossed. icon_wink.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Nov 2009 , 12:18pm
post #13 of 16

You can do it! Just plan everything out very carefully for each day - and then stick to your plan. Make sure you acomplish everything that day, so it doesn't roll over onto the next day.

It sounds like it's going to be a beautiful cake!! And that things are going well so far. Good luck!

FleurDeCake Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 9:07pm
post #14 of 16

Well it's the day after the wedding, and I DID IT!!!!!!I can't believe it but I got the cake baked decorated and delivered. My daughter's exact words were Mom It's perfectly stunning. I cried of course . Thanks to all of you for being so helpful and supportive.If the photo doesnt come up here check my photos to take a look. I would love to know what you think. Again, Thanks so much Mimi

scgriffiths Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scgriffiths Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 9:19pm
post #15 of 16

It looks superb!! For a first wedding cake, it's HUGE! You did a great job. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 15 Nov 2009 , 10:02pm
post #16 of 16

That cake is stunning! Great job! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%