Just What Can You Do With An Edible Ink Printer?

Decorating By bricker Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 6:56pm by tyty

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 4:10am
post #31 of 113

There is no difference between the two printers except that Icing Images will back their printer for a year. When you buy it from Canon, Canon can deny your warrenty when used with edible ink. We recommend you print at least once per week, even if it is on "regular" paper..just not taxes as it will fade over time. So, if you plan not to use it that often, print on regular paper and you should be fine. Also, you can peddle your machine by going to other bakeries and letting them know you have the printer and you can print for them. Also, advertise in school newspapers that you print the images and that will also allow you to keep using your printers, pay for your supplies and drum up a littel cash.
We are offering this week on ebay a "Black Friday weekend sale" on the printer. We will only offer it this weekend and then we will remove it. It is backed by Icing Images and comes with all the supplies as well. It wont go this low again, but since we are so grateful to all of our customers over the last 10 years, we wanted to offer this one weekend deal.

I hope this helps

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 1:02pm
post #32 of 113

Debbie..Will you ship to Canada on the black Friday auction?

icingimages Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 1:44pm
post #33 of 113

I will only for you, you have good posting here. Usually, we dont ship outside the continental US on ebay, but i can see you have good standing here! The only thing, we do not ship through US Postal Service, so we would have to contact you on Monday or Tuesday regarding shipping through Fedex or UPS. We are closed today. But we get decent rates through those two carriers.

Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 1:58pm
post #34 of 113

That's great..I'll get back to you...You know Christmas time and all I may have to wait until the new year....I hate to pass up deals but....

gourmetsharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetsharon Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 1:59pm
post #35 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

There is no difference between the two printers except that Icing Images will back their printer for a year. When you buy it from Canon, Canon can deny your warrenty when used with edible ink. We recommend you print at least once per week, even if it is on "regular" paper..just not taxes as it will fade over time. So, if you plan not to use it that often, print on regular paper and you should be fine. Also, you can peddle your machine by going to other bakeries and letting them know you have the printer and you can print for them. Also, advertise in school newspapers that you print the images and that will also allow you to keep using your printers, pay for your supplies and drum up a littel cash.
We are offering this week on ebay a "Black Friday weekend sale" on the printer. We will only offer it this weekend and then we will remove it. It is backed by Icing Images and comes with all the supplies as well. It wont go this low again, but since we are so grateful to all of our customers over the last 10 years, we wanted to offer this one weekend deal.

I hope this helps

I found your ebay and what a great price for everything!
Thanks for your help explaining things.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:51pm
post #36 of 113

This is probably a dumb question, but can the icing sheets be used on fondant or only on buttercream?

icingimages Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 4:44pm
post #37 of 113

My pleasure gourmet...I am just so thankful this year. I just hoisted up the Christmas Tree with 4 kids under 11. It was the funnies thing. The two 7 year olds kept getting stuck. It was the funniest thing. I am just so grateful for everything and I want to try and help others get in to a new area of their decorating as I have enjoyed it so much.

tootie...not a stupid question. Years back, you could only put it on the buttercream. Now you can put it on almost anything. It just needs moisture to adhere. So be sure to dampen the Fondant. I have found Fondarific to be awesome when it comes to putting images on, especially if you are draping or wrapping the fondant. It tends to have a little bit of greasiness to it which helps the image and the fondant stay plyable longer.

Have a great holiday weekend

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 5:02pm
post #38 of 113

one more question...if I purchase the new MP560 separately, can you please tell me everything I'd need to order from you to make this work as an edible printer?

Feel free to PM me...

Thanks so much.

icingimages Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 8:18pm
post #39 of 113

You would just need whatever icing sheet sizes/shapes you prefer, a set of cartrdiges and we recommend a bottle of cleaner. Though, we have not clogged it yet, its good to be prepared.

ericaplh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericaplh Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 4:42am
post #40 of 113

thank you so much Debbie...

lablady_29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lablady_29 Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 6:13am
post #41 of 113

Sorry to jump in here but I'd like to know if the Canon Pixma MP 490 from Walmart is compatible with edible ink cartridges? Thanks. Randy

icingimages Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 2:19pm
post #42 of 113

No, I am sorry, it is a 2 cartridge system which is not compatable

lablady_29 Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 6:09pm
post #43 of 113

Thanks you.

sweetopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetopia Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 6:25pm
post #44 of 113

Hi there Icing Images,
I'm a junior member here (so fairly new and not on cake central as much as I'd like to be) icon_redface.gif I'm also in Canada and would like to buy the kit you're offering if the other ones haven't gone through. I'd love to be your back up if you have anything left!
Pm me if you'd like; I'll check my email regularily today!
Thanks!
Marian

icingimages Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 9:11pm
post #45 of 113

The only advantage to purchasing direct from Icing Images is the warranty. We provide a warranty on the printer, but if you purchase on your own, Canon will not warranty it if they know it has been used with edible inks. Either way, we will help you with anything we can, even if you are not a customer of ours, thats just the way we do business.

If you dont use your printer often, be sure you print regularlly with it, even if it is on regular paper.

Thank you and good luck

icingimages Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 11:47am
post #46 of 113

If you are looking for a great deal on a printer that is edible, and you do not want to buy directly from Icing Images for the warranty, then Amazon has an ip4700 printer that is compatable with our cartridges for $45.00. I dont know if it is a cyber monday deal or not, but I wanted to offer it out there.

dianelin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianelin Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:01am
post #47 of 113

After doing a LOT of research before making a decision, I've decided to go with icingimages. They were so patient with me after my many phone calls asking multiple questions. I placed my first order with them today, and I can guarantee I won't shop anywhere else!

icingimages Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 2:46am
post #48 of 113

Hey,
Thanks so much Diane. We were able to get your order out today, you should have it on Friday as promised.
Let me know if you need anything!
Deb

lablady_29 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 4:07am
post #49 of 113

I placed my first order with icing images Saturday. It will be here tomorrow. Got my printer yesterday. Can't wait to try all of it out.
Randy

icingimages Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 3:06pm
post #50 of 113

Hi Randy
You will have a blast with it. If you have any questions, email me personally at [email protected] or you can PM me. I did find though that for some reason, another person on CC PM'd me and I did not get notification for some reason and it didnt come thorugh until a day later. Kind of weird, but it upset that person, so I wanted to be sure that you are able to get fast responses! Have fun!

dianelin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dianelin Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 3:37pm
post #51 of 113

I'm so excited! I can imagine that my weekend will be spent experimenting & making goodies.

I even have a businessman here in town who wants to be my partner! He absolutely loves the idea. lol He told me last night ... "I can visualize it now ... the Greg & Diane Bakery." He said he wanted to advertise all over the state & he'd have no trouble having 2,000 products delivered in a day! Yeah, right. First of all, I told him it would be the Diane & Greg Bakery, and I'm only one person, so if he thinks I'll make 2,000 cakes (or even cookies) in one day, he's out of his ever-loving mind! lol

icingimages Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 3:55pm
post #52 of 113

That is too funny!

Linliv46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Linliv46 Posted 17 Dec 2009 , 4:39pm
post #53 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoFrost

Hi Bricker and welcome to the forums. There are sooo many things you can do with Edible Ink Printing, and it can be fun to. You are only limited in printing what you can create yourself. You can do photos, vines, frames, logos little do-dads, whatever you can create you can print and use.
Katie sorry to hear about your troubles you had with your printing system. That is defenitely far from normal and bad customer service can be very frustrating. Average print counts on my cartridges are from anywhere between 50-75 sheets depending on what I am printing and now that my cartridges have auto-resetting chips on them I can refill them up to 3x before needing to replace them. Saves quite a bit of money there as well.
Jennifer thanks for the plug, we do our best to ensure everyone is happy with our products.
Bricker no matter what you do hope it works out well for you, Happy Printing and no matter what have a great time doing it. If I can be of any help or if you have specific questions just let me know. Thats what I am here for. icon_smile.gif

Bricker, you can really count on what Photofrost is telling you! I bought the Canon IP and was completely disgusted with it until I found these people. I went ahead & ordered new cartridges and sheets and have never had such perfect color! There is definitely a great difference in the "ink & sheets"! I am just a "hobby baker" but I love putting these prints on cookies! If I print 10 sheets the last is as brilliant as the first! I will never buy ink anywhere else! Love great customer service!

PhotoFrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PhotoFrost Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 4:15am
post #54 of 113

Thanks LinLiv, we always try our best to serve our customers and provide them with the best quality products at the most affordable price. Of course you know we pride ourselves on the customer service that each and everyone deserves and needs.
I am happy to say we are celebrating our 15th year in this industry and we will be offering some fantastic specials next month!! As always I am glad to answer any questions anyone may have and Happy Printing Everyone icon_smile.gif Happy Holidays everyone!!!

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 1:04pm
post #55 of 113

I did it! I got the Canon ip3600. A few questions though.... Does it only use Gold Series cartridges? Do those have the chips you have to re-set? Why do the chips have to be re-set? Why can you only fill them a few times? Do you then have to buy new ones all over again?
I can't wait to order them, just want to make sure I get the right ones. Also, is there a variety pack of sheets to purchase, as I can't buy them all, but not sure what ones I will want to use first on my next cake? Or what are the frosting sheets that you can do the most with?
Thanks for any help!

PhotoFrost Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PhotoFrost Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 3:12pm
post #56 of 113

Thats great Kello, I am very happy to hear you are expanding into this part of the industry and a lot of fun you will have doing it as well. To answer your questions, no it does not require gold series cartridges only, that in part is just a brand of edible cartridges. Our company manufactures these cartridges and I am sure we can save you some money in the process. Some companies that sell edible inks require that you use a chip resetter or transfer chips, the ones we use are auto-resetting so it does not require either of those methods. We recommend that you only refill your cartridges 3x to ensure the best print quality and to preserve the life of your print head. Your still saving a great deal refilling 3x icon_smile.gif Yes we do have a variety pack of Icing sheets along with many specialty sizes to get you started, we also provide you the templates with those to ensure you can use them properly. Whomever you order your Icing Sheets through make sure you ask some questions like, are your Icing Sheets manufactured in the USA? Some companies import theirs from overseas from manufacturers that do not follow the same strict guidelines that we do for quality assurance. Also make sure that the products are FDA and Kosher approved, some claim to be but not all are.
Hope this information helps, and if I can be of any assitance please message me or you can call as well. Best of luck and Happy Printing icon_smile.gif

Also I just noticed that you were in Canada, I have a couple distributors up there that would enable you to get your products more quickly and save you money on the shipping and tariff charges you would incure receiving products from the states. If you are interested I will be glad to message you those companies that you can contact.

Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 3:23pm
post #57 of 113

Hi Andy,

I am located in Canada also and I am looking into getting a EI system.Could you PM me the distributers here in Canada that I can buy from?

Laurel icon_smile.gif

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 3:59pm
post #58 of 113

I purchased a very inexpensive scanner and printer and purchased sheets and ink from Kopykake.com. I have only used it once, a little disappointed, I need t get my creative jiuces running, i have no ideas for the holidays that use an edible printer, bah humbug!

icingimages Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 2:36am
post #59 of 113

Hi:The Gold Series is our (Icing Images) brand of cartridges. They have chips, which really doesnt mean much other than they come with the chip on it. Some companies require you to take your chip off of your cartridge and place it on the edibles. The advantage to the Gold Series is that they are spongeless. This allows you to have more space for ink. Our Gold Label cartridge has not clogged on us yet. Beleive me, we put it through all kinds of longevity tests to try to clog it...but the good news is it does not. You will also notice that our Gold Series are extremely vivid. Put them together with our Premium Icing Sheets and you have a beautlful product. They are refillable. In fact the beauty of our cartridges, when you refill, you can do it without taking the cartridge out of the printer. So you will not suffer from colored hands! As for the icing sheets, If you place an order with us, or if you just request it, we can send you a FREE package of our variety of our premium icing sheets including our chocolate icing sheets and our chocolate transfer sheets. They feature our exclusive Easy Peal Backing which allows easy removal of the icing sheet. They taste great! Please let me know if you have any questions, you can reach me Toll Free at 888-442-4648.

ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 2:53am
post #60 of 113

I just received today my Epson NX415 printer which I bought on staples.com for only 69.95!!! Still need the coloring and paper to try out. Can't wait to get it out of the box and give it a whirl!

Happy Ho-Ho-Holidays!
~ Jaime

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%