Adverse Reaction To Flu Shot

Lounge By adonisthegreek1 Updated 3 Nov 2009 , 1:41am by Doug

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:07am
post #1 of 16

Has anyone seen this video on youtube? It really is unbelievable!

15 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 3:10am
post #2 of 16

Oh my God...........

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 4:24am
post #3 of 16

This is so sad.

beanbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beanbean Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 7:19am
post #4 of 16

There is no evidence that her condition is related to a flu shot. There are adverse reactions and side effects to vaccines, but most medical professionals feel this girl has conversion disorder.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 11:47am
post #5 of 16

actually she has been studied by several different ivy league medical teams and all of their official reports say that the disorder she has developed was directly caused/triggered by the flu shot

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:11pm
post #6 of 16

Hmmmm......Interesting....I just don't know what to believe anymore.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 1:23pm
post #7 of 16

2 major hospitals, one of which being Johns Hopkins, has said she has dystonia (sp?) which is a rare neurological disorder. Unfortunately, in her case it was brought on by a reaction to the flu shot. Extremely rare, but it does happen. Doesn't sound like bad odds, unless your the one with the reaction. Up to everyone to decide on their own terms.

beanbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beanbean Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:00pm
post #8 of 16

This is a link to an article by a Yale neurologist and provides an excellent summary of this case. Nothing is impossible, but very basic questions needed to establish a link between her reaction and the flu shot have never been answered.

BTW Dystonia is not a "rare" condition. It has many causes and most commonly acute dystonia is caused by certain classes of medications. It is treated with Benadryl and usually resolves quickly.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:09pm
post #9 of 16

This is why I am such a skeptic and I don't trust doctors. I have never taken a flu shot and I don't give my kids flu shots either.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 5:32pm
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn

actually she has been studied by several different ivy league medical teams and all of their official reports say that the disorder she has developed was directly caused/triggered by the flu shot

Could you please provide a link to this study/studies and/or reports? Thanks.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:05pm
post #11 of 16

I can give you the link to her page with the reports from the news channels that did the story that has them on there, when I get home from work. Thats what I originally saw.

*updated* hmm
I just checked the original video that I watched about 2 weeks ago and its been drastically edited
you can see it here
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/health/101309_woman_disabled_by_flu_shot_reaction_dystonia

Before they would do a zoom in on the medical reports where it said "positively caused by the flu vaccine" now they only show the letterhead of the report and say "they think it might have been caused by".

Very weird, the voice over you hear in this video is a completely different person from the voiceover that was on it originally 2 weeks ago

More weirdness, there used to be a whole page on her at www.generationrescue.org and its not there anymore. No mention of her at all anywhere.

strange

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:30pm
post #12 of 16

Oh my. I just felt so sad after seeing this.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 6:50pm
post #13 of 16

I think I have seen this video before, but it wasn't the flu shot it was the HPV vaccine at the time. I have a feeling that it changes based on the newest vaccine out.

I think the condition can happen, rarely though. Although, like any medications we put into our body, bad reactions and side effects are a risk at all times.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 2 Nov 2009 , 9:11pm
post #14 of 16

well...i just got my flu shot...and boy did it hurt! icon_cry.gif

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:36am
post #15 of 16

Yes my husband and I saw this on TV a few weeks ago. It's so hard to know what to do with the new H1N1 shots. I fear giving them to my children since no one knows what the side effects will be down the road, however you don't want them sick either.

My 5 year old has asthma and was tested for Swine flu today...test came back negative but doctor said he is treating him anyways because the tests are so inaccurate and his asthma is severe.

My son and 10month old daughter have an appt. to get the shot on the 9th but I still have not made up my mind....

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 3 Nov 2009 , 1:41am
post #16 of 16

good article to read

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091031/ap_on_he_me/eu_med_swine_flu_side_effects

------

there is NOT always direct cause / effect link.

----

every day people get sick and die in all kinds of ways

so I just happen to ........ on the same day I get a flu shot or shorty thereafter -- that is NOT proof the flu shot caused it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%