Bridal Show--Do You Agree Or Disagree

Decorating By Lenette Updated 26 Oct 2009 , 1:39am by indydebi

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 12:53am
post #1 of 5

I am doing a show next week (YIKES). My mom always comes and helps me which I totally appreciate. However, she has been insisting that I need to take some displays to the show that are not wedding cakes to show some styles for other events. I say it's a bridal show and everything should be geared toward weddings.

What is ya'll opinion on this?

4 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:02am
post #2 of 5

I have a hard time getting to Bridal Shows but I'd definitely take a 3D Grooms Cake sort of thing so they knew I could do those along with weddings.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:03am
post #3 of 5

Take only bridal related displays, which can include bridal shower cakes and groom's cake. Take photos of other cakes and show them to people if they ask about other cakes...but make the displays all bridal.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:14am
post #4 of 5

Yes, I agree w/your mom icon_smile.gif As they others said, a groom's cake, shower, etc is a great idea. Lots of brides bring family, attendants etc with them that are not looking for a wedding cake. Show what you can do!
If you make favors (decorated cookies etc?) show them; what ever you can do, do it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Oct 2009 , 1:39am
post #5 of 5

It's a bridal show. Your target market is brides. Displays should be wedding related. If you want to have your photos of other cakes, fine .... have that on the side.

But dont' lose sight of the purpose of the show .... to market to BRIDES.

Your mom is thinking like a mom ... not a business person. She means well, but it's a BRIDAL show.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%