Help!! Beginner Question!

Decorating By oldyellerJP Updated 24 Oct 2009 , 10:37am by Caths_Cakes

oldyellerJP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oldyellerJP Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 9

Hello everyone! I've never made a fondant decorating cake before. So, can anyone tell me what is the best color brand?? Thank you in advance!! icon_biggrin.gif UPDATE: sorry! I mean " Decorating colours " brand! like gel past or past in a small prastic case?

8 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 3:50pm
post #2 of 9

The best "brand" is probably Satin Ice but the best, in my opinion, to work with is homemade MMF. The recipe is on this site.

Good luck!

oldyellerJP Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 9

Oh, I'm sorry for my bad english. I mean " Decorating colours"? for colouring fondant? But thanks for answer, catlharper !!

DancingCakes2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DancingCakes2008 Posted 23 Oct 2009 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 9

AmeriColor

the red and black especially work very well

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 12:50am
post #5 of 9

It sounds like you are not in the US so AmeriColr might not be readily available to you. What country are you in? We might be able to suggest a brand in your country.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 1:05am
post #6 of 9

I use americolor too

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 2:25am
post #7 of 9

Wilton brand paste colours are fine, and usually more readily available for beginners. The little bottles of liquid colour from the grocery store will cause you problems - avoid!!

oldyellerJP Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 9:36am
post #8 of 9

Thank you evryone!! icon_biggrin.gif and kakeladi, I live in Japan. Though I'm not sure, most of colours made in Japan is powder colour. I guess colours made in US or UK are more high quality?? A friend of mine live in US, so I can get them via her. Or I've found out there's a company in Malaysia. From over there shipment fee is more cheep than from US, I guess. They have ameri and wilton. Sounds like ameri is more better?? I prefer the one which can colour beautifully more than easily to use.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 24 Oct 2009 , 10:37am
post #9 of 9

I wonder if your could try Ebay for the colours, I see lots of sellers based in japan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%