3 Inch Deep Pans

Decorating By dyann3 Updated 22 Oct 2009 , 9:07pm by Sweet_Guys

dyann3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dyann3 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 5

I am getting ready to back 3 3 inch deep cakes. I've never used the 3 in pans before. They are 16,14,12. Does anyone have any suggestions the the temperature to bake these at or how long to bake it so it gets done but not burned??? Thanks for the help.

4 replies
snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 5

Bake at 325, and make sure you use flower nails so they bake evenly!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 5

When I use large pans I use the flower nails I just prep pan and nails and on those sizes I would use 4 nails each and just place in pan head down and pour batter slowly at first and once nail is covered then cont. pouring till enough and I bake at 325 for 33 minutes then start checking for doneness and never had a problem flip the cake out when cool remove nail and you only have a small little hole to fill easy peasy HTH

jmr531 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmr531 Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 5

All of my pans are 3 inches deep and I don't do anything differently with those that anyone would do with 2 inch deep pans. I've never had an issue. I usually bake at 325F (as I would do with any pan that is 2 inches deep) and I use one or more flower nails in the center for anything that is 10 inches or wider.

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 22 Oct 2009 , 9:07pm
post #5 of 5

We did one after a friend suggested lowering the temperature. We baked for 1 hour 15 minutes at 315 degrees and checked. By that point, it was fine.

Paul

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%