71 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:17am
post #2 of 72

I missed it and will have to get the rerun

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:18am
post #3 of 72

Oh Ashley hands down deserved the win because she truly incorporated so much of the Circus into her design! thumbs_up.gif

I loved Rolands cake too but it just didn't represent all it needed to. I was sad for him.

patiese1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patiese1 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:33am
post #4 of 72

Why oh Why icon_cry.gif can't I remember that Ultimate Cake of is on Monday Night!!!! URRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! Well me and my feeble mind will hope for a re run or mayb I will just stay up tonight and watch it at 1 or 2 in the morning.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:53am
post #5 of 72

The other girl I forget her name was snarky.......saying oh she was a pastry chef and Ashley is not...............kinda divine for Ashley to come back and beat her......and she sure had trouble with the elepant, and she worked thru it like a pro. I am thrilled she won......

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:09am
post #6 of 72

i love roland, kinda wanted him to win.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:21am
post #7 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

The other girl I forget her name was snarky.......saying oh she was a pastry chef and Ashley is not...............kinda divine for Ashley to come back and beat her......and she sure had trouble with the elepant, and she worked thru it like a pro. I am thrilled she won......

It is called editing. Ashley would agree with my comment. My name is Mary.

madgeowens Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:42am
post #8 of 72

Ok sounded snarky the way it was edited then...............I guess snapping at assistants was editing too so I wont go there lol

moydear77 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:55am
post #9 of 72
Quote:

Ok sounded snarky the way it was edited then...............I guess snapping at assistants was editing too so I wont go there lol

They can paint me any way and you can say whatever you want. I was there and you were not. It is television and I take it for what it is. You don't know me , so feel free to keep passing judgement over a television show. I actually spoke with Ashley during commercial and we had a good laugh. We shot enough footage to make us look any way they wanted. I love the show and wouldn't change a thing icon_smile.gif

beehivebaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beehivebaby Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:58am
post #10 of 72

I was so happy ashley won!!! her cake was awesome and she was nice too!! awesome job!! I liked the guys too!!

madgeowens Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:59am
post #11 of 72

Well I don't think its very nice to make people look unfriendly and mean with their editing just for ratings thats just BS.. I apologize for my remarks and your cake was wonderful as well..........I can't imagine doing that under all that stress..good for you!

tatorchip Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:06am
post #12 of 72
Quote:

Wow Ashleys cake was the greatest cake on earth

what was the theme girlfriend

madgeowens Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:19am
post #13 of 72

The Greatest Show On Earth...Barnum and Bailey Circus....girlfriend haha

moydear77 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:26am
post #14 of 72

The theme was ZING ZANG ZOOM! The new show for Ringling Brothers! We were invited to see the show on our dark day! It was pretty cool!

tatorchip Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:32am
post #15 of 72

Thanks madgeowens and moydear77
what is dark day.

madgeowens Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:41am
post #16 of 72

Also Mary I have to say now that I am getting to watch the entire show,,,,,as iI was chasing a naughty kitty for part of the show the first time it was on...I didnt know you sat out...............you really had extra stress.......that is one part I really don't like that they do...............

moydear77 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:45am
post #17 of 72

I did sit out. They did not show me winning my challenge. I did a decorating challenge and sat Ashley out! A dark day is a non shooting day!

madgeowens Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 5:52am
post #18 of 72

I wondered why they didnt have the second contest for sitting a team out, and they always have had that.

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 7:03am
post #19 of 72

I just caught the show on TLC and wow I thought all the cakes were fantastic!

Just reading different posts here from various episodes of UCO and I feel so star struck to say the least that I have such amazing talent to take inspiration from, not to mention getting some expert help icon_smile.gif

Love this website, and Mary I totally get the Chef respect thing, my father was a Chef (not Pastry) and I worked side by side with him in the kitchen...I never ever called him Dad in the work place, always Chef.

It may seem military like but in any professional kitchen or culinary school it is the first thing you learn icon_smile.gif

I hate that they edit the shows like that to create drama (ratings) seems so silly, but glad to know that you and Ashley are cool and that things are not always what they seem or appear.

moydear77 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 2:43pm
post #20 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Cakes

I just caught the show on TLC and wow I thought all the cakes were fantastic!

Just reading different posts here from various episodes of UCO and I feel so star struck to say the least that I have such amazing talent to take inspiration from, not to mention getting some expert help icon_smile.gif

Love this website, and Mary I totally get the Chef respect thing, my father was a Chef (not Pastry) and I worked side by side with him in the kitchen...I never ever called him Dad in the work place, always Chef.

It may seem military like but in any professional kitchen or culinary school it is the first thing you learn icon_smile.gif

I hate that they edit the shows like that to create drama (ratings) seems so silly, but glad to know that you and Ashley are cool and that things are not always what they seem or appear.

Thanks! Two of my team were my students and this explains a ton! They are were not allowed to call me by my first name!

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:12pm
post #21 of 72

UGHH - I totally missed last nights show - I will stay up tonight to catch the rerun!! Mary I am so glad you were on and can't wait to see this episode! I'm off the tlc.com to see the results and cakes there!

And just to fill a few CCer's in - Mary (moydear77) was one of the first people I sent a PM to when I found CC a few years ago and she immediately answered my questions and was extremely helpful! She is a great decorator and is always willing to share!

Suze

moydear77 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:36pm
post #22 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzycakes

UGHH - I totally missed last nights show - I will stay up tonight to catch the rerun!! Mary I am so glad you were on and can't wait to see this episode! I'm off the tlc.com to see the results and cakes there!

And just to fill a few CCer's in - Mary (moydear77) was one of the first people I sent a PM to when I found CC a few years ago and she immediately answered my questions and was extremely helpful! She is a great decorator and is always willing to share!

Suze

Why thank you my dear!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:45pm
post #23 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by moydear77

Quote:

They can paint me any way and you can say whatever you want. I was there and you were not. It is television and I take it for what it is. You don't know me , so feel free to keep passing judgement over a television show. I actually spoke with Ashley during commercial and we had a good laugh. We shot enough footage to make us look any way they wanted. I love the show and wouldn't change a thing icon_smile.gif

I was wondering about that! The more I hear "behind the scenes" at these reality shows the more I realize theres alot of "unreality" involved! They really did paint you as a mean old crab, we were all like "geez!!!" But I did figure they had purposely tried to add some excitement that way. Only too bad you had to be the one they painted as the "jerk" in the show!

Is Roland really as nice in person as he seems on the shows? He just seems like a kind grandpa to me.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:56pm
post #24 of 72

Yes Roland is as nice in person as he seems on the shows. Very soft spoken and seems to be a caring person.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:56pm
post #25 of 72

For the first time I caught it on Monday night and did not have to wait for the re-run. patiese1 maybe we should PP each other on Monday afternoon.. LOL

Great job Mary! I could not imagine decorating under that kind of pressure!
I wonder what Roland was trying to tell Ashley...?

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 3:59pm
post #26 of 72

I met Roland and Marsha a few weeks ago and they were EXTREMELY nice. I can't personally tell if thats how they are in their everyday lives but when I met them, they took the time to talk to me and had a nice conversation. They are so sweet and very down to earth. They are so approchable and will even respond to your emails.

moydear77 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:03pm
post #27 of 72

I actually did not think it was that I was that bad. I loved the show! I am very dry when I speak and this is what I am assuming is the mean part. I am friends with everyone from the show and it is all in good fun! The thing is that people do not know and I am telling you this is....Two of my team were students. I wanted to give my students an experirence they could not have otherwise. So, I am in teacher mode for part of the show! YES! Roland is a GEM and MARSHA TOO!

spicymustard2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spicymustard2 Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:05pm
post #28 of 72

Mary,

I liked how you textured a couple of the fondant tiers with royal. Great idea! Do you have to wait until the fondant dries out a little, or can you texture it right away?

Jessica

TheCakeDude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeDude Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:10pm
post #29 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

I wonder what Roland was trying to tell Ashley...?

As his assistant on the show I should know this, but I dont...I do know, however, that if someone as experienced and talented as Roland Winbeckler is trying to give you advice, you should take it and not cut him off rudely. Where is the southern hospitality?! And Mary, you are AWESOME! These people didnt see the real you that we did during the competition. I would work alongside you any day! icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 20 Oct 2009 , 4:11pm
post #30 of 72

No- I wouldn't say bad... but they didn't go out of their way to edit you to look like as nice and responsive as you really are. I dislike that about shows-drama and editing. I laughed when the part about the Chef talk came on because I just knew that was not how it went but it was amusing the way it was edited together. I figured they also cut short your explanation of it to feed what they were shooting for. icon_confused.gif I think your kitchen was very organized from what they showed and the knowing your assistants were your students... well it all makes perfect sense now. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%