6 Year Old Floating Away In Balloon!

Lounge By __Jamie__ Updated 19 Oct 2009 , 7:22pm by Auryn

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 9:45pm
post #61 of 82

My local news just showed the Today Show interview from this morning......all I can say is IDIOTS!!

I propose they tie the father up to the balloon and let it go.............. icon_mad.gif

Pookie59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pookie59 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 9:56pm
post #62 of 82

I agree dkelly. What a bunch of whackos. I think the parents need a kick in the pants. Unfortunately with that kind of parents, the kids will probably be idiots too.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 1:33am
post #63 of 82

DH (who is a police chief) says they should be charged with inducing panic. There should be some repercussions for such behavior. A bill for all of the man power that was used for this should be issued to them. MAKE them accountable, IMO. Idiots.

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 11:47am
post #64 of 82

sadsmile, time will definitely help calm your sensitivity to these things, but you may never fully get over your reaction to similar situations. Forty years ago I lost one of my twins to SIDS (very little known about it back then, and we called it something else, and I forget what that was, but I digress...), and to this day the sight of twins or sound of an ambulance brings it all back, but my reaction is much less intense, just a sad reminder and acknowledgment of what happened.

Be grateful, and I know you are, that your beloved child survived.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 12:02pm
post #65 of 82

I don't understand this, though, publicity for what? For himself? I think that this looks more like something that just happened and he's taken advantage of it. I'm not into the conspiracy theories, so this whole thing being a setup seems like something that's been played up on tv. If I was held accountable for everything my 6-yr-old had said, or mis-spoke, then I'd be accused of all kinds of plots, too. I don't think you can ask a little kid tons of questions without getting him confused, then try to latch onto one thing that he said as "proof." He said plenty of other things that nobody's mentioning that support the explanation that he did hide and they did think that he was in the balloon.

Not that I'm defending the idiot father at all, though. Regardless of what happened in this situation (and I do think that they thought he was in the balloon) they should be investigating this family to see what the heck this idiot is thinking when he takes his kids tornado chasing with him. WTF? You want to endanger yourself, have at it, but don't endanger your kids. I'd also like to know what kind of treatment this kid has been receiveing that made him so scared he had to go hide for four hours when he thought his dad was mad at him. Maybe he doesn't get physically punished (because they always argue that "I don't hit my kids"), but if he's that scared of his father there's some kind of verbal abuse going on.

Also, I just read that the poor kid threw up twice during interviews the day following this...Who the hell takes their kids on tv and forces them to be questioned until they throw up? I hope that there's a social services visit in these clods' future.

Loucinda Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 4:35pm
post #66 of 82

Yes, publicity. Period. (and maybe that is why they have been on "wife swap" twice, AND chase tornadoes???) We are a reality based nation these days, and he got exactly what he was looking for - his face (and his family) all over the TV all across the nation. Hook him up to a lie detector and ask him some pertinent questions.......and still give the moron the bill for all the manpower that was wasted needlessly. I really feel bad for the little boy, I am sure he was sick over the whole mess.....poor little guy.

Sadsmile - I lost one of my sons almost 18 years ago - he died as the doctors and nurses worked feverishly trying to save him - I to this day do not watch any of the reality shows concerning medical things for that reason, it just gives me chills when I see that stuff, even if it is on TV (inlcuding the scene from ET - it looks/sounds exactly like what took place in the NICU with my son) I don't know that you ever get over that kind of thing - you just deal with it as it comes. You must have been out of your mind scared.......{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGSS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Deb_ Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 6:01pm
post #67 of 82

Loucinda I'm so sorry for your loss....I can't even imagine.......

I agree that the media attention and T.V. interviews seem to be just what this man was looking for.

He has shifty eyes did you notice that? I never trust anyone with shifty eyes. His wife just sits there like she has half a brain missing.

He probably was trying to get his stupid weather balloon that he "invented" recognized by some manufacturer.

I hope they find the proof to nail his a$$. He put millions of people in a state of distress and sick with worry over the possibility that this little 6 yr old was laying somewhere injured or worse.

OfficerMorgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OfficerMorgan Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 7:26pm
post #68 of 82

Publicity to get some kind of show. Like awww look at this little kid who's a hero and this brave, surviving adventurous family! Tune in to see what they will do next!

There are reports today of the father telling an employee that he wanted to do something similar for Wife Swap. People like this make me sick.

costumeczar Posted 17 Oct 2009 , 8:46pm
post #69 of 82

Eh...The whole thing just makes me hungry for Jiffy Pop popcorn.

Deb_ Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 1:33pm
post #70 of 82

Just read they searched the family's home and interviewed the parents extensively yesterday. Sheriff expects to press charges.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 1:53pm
post #71 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Just read they searched the family's home and interviewed the parents extensively yesterday. Sheriff expects to press charges.

Get out the popcoran czarina! icon_eek.gificon_mad.gif

costumeczar Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 2:56pm
post #72 of 82

That dude's a psycho. I liked the comment about the wife just sitting there like a brainless robot, I had noticed that, too. I will make some Jiffy Pop to celebrate the "successful" launch of the silver saucer and all of the repercussions it will bring him.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 5:16pm
post #73 of 82

i hope they bill them for all this. My BIL was in an accident this summer, and he knocked down the railing on the side of the road- he got a bill for it!! so i hope they pay for their idiocy. besides for all the ppl's frayed nerves, nuts...

costumeczar Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 8:42pm
post #74 of 82

Well, now that they've definitely decided it was a hoax, the best thing a judge could do would be to bar them from entering into any contracts with television or media outlets to profit from interviews or tv shows. It sounds like if you take the possibility of being in People magazine away from this guy that would be the worst punishment he could get.

And I still am hoping for a visit from Child Protective Services for him.

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 9:18pm
post #75 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Well, now that they've definitely decided it was a hoax, the best thing a judge could do would be to bar them from entering into any contracts with television or media outlets to profit from interviews or tv shows. It sounds like if you take the possibility of being in People magazine away from this guy that would be the worst punishment he could get.

And I still am hoping for a visit from Child Protective Services for him.

I agree, he loves himself more than his kids to put them in danger of tornato chasing, just for attention the ballon thing, teaching his kiddo's to lie for attention. What a dad, I know there are a lot worse dads out there but we are talking about this one at the moment. IMO he is a bad dad.

Loucinda Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:08pm
post #76 of 82

Update in today's paper. Yes, it was a planned hoax - with a "reality TV show" possibly in on it from the get go too. Several charges are to be filed (some are felony) They are also adding up the total costs - just the 2 helicopters were 14,000. that they sent out.

Yep, publicity. unFREAKINbelievable what people will do these days.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 1:19pm
post #77 of 82

These reality shows are getting worse by the minute. ppl create a reality and it becomes a reality show. i guess just watching normal ppl's lives gets boring, so you gotta create a fake reality. it doesnt matter who has to pay what, and whom it inconveniences, these ppl have two goals - money and fame. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 3:03pm
post #78 of 82

I read 6 years in gail time and $500,000.00 in fines.

Loucinda Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 3:07pm
post #79 of 82
Quote:
Quote:

I read 6 years in gail time and $500,000.00 in fines.

Now THATS a reality I would love to see!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 6:00pm
post #80 of 82

I hope they give the bill for EVERYTHING! I knew we were being punked.

ShelleyMJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelleyMJ Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 6:12pm
post #81 of 82

I'm just glad it was too horrible to be true! Now these people need to be punished!

When you get hit in the wallet, you think twice out stupidity!

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 19 Oct 2009 , 7:22pm
post #82 of 82

I think there should definitaly be federal charges involved.
Apparently the balloon flew into Denver Airport Airspace and the entire airport was shut down and flights rerouted.
If they wanted to they could very well slap them with some terrorism charges as this easily falls into the homeland security regulations for air safety. (this is what I get for having a father who flies, all the faa regulation stuff).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%