Help Needed For Halloween Treat

Lounge By lomfise Updated 11 Oct 2009 , 4:46am by LaBellaFlor

lomfise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomfise Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 5

A few days ago I found a recipe for Funny Bones on Epicurious http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/holidays/halloween/homemadehalloweentreats/recipes/food/views/Funny-Bones-355110 which I want to make for Halloween, but the recipe uses pretzel sticks.
Now, I think I know what these are, a kind of salty chip thingy right?, but I don't want to mix salty with sweet, the other ingridients are marshmallows and white chocolate. I have been racking my brain but cannot come up with an alternative. Can someone help me?

BTW, have you seen these http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spooky-Witches-Fingers/Detail.aspx Aren't they great? I will definitely be making those too. icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 1:29pm
post #2 of 5

actually salt and sweet work well together. Pretzels are more like a cracker then a chip, but not really a cracker either. i suppose you could make some cookie sticks, using a plain sugar cookie dough that would work for what you are wanting to do.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 10 Oct 2009 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 5

I LOVE the salty/sweet combo! Good stuff, in my book. icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 4:32am
post #4 of 5

I actually like sticking prezels in marshmallows and dipping the marshmallows in to chocolate. It makes an edible stick for the marshmallows and is a great combination. There is a candy bar that has chocolate, pretzel and marshmallows in it along with caramel and is good.

I wouldn't try to find a subsitute for the pretzel myself.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 11 Oct 2009 , 4:46am
post #5 of 5

I absolutley LOOOOOOOOOOOVE salty sweet together. It's actually very nice on the palette. A pretzel is more like a cracker then a chil.Think of a piece of dough that has been baked hard, covered in course salt.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%