Foam Cutter Tool

Decorating By sugarcheryl Updated 24 Sep 2009 , 8:18pm by sugarcheryl

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 4

Has anyone purchased a foam cutter to cut your cake circles out of the foam core boards if so are they worth the purchase and where did you get yours from?

3 replies
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:10pm
post #2 of 4

I got the wire one with the battery pack - works great to cut foam but not so much when I try to cut the foam boards, which are basically sandwiched between paper. HTH

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:11pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcheryl

Has anyone purchased a foam cutter to cut your cake circles out of the foam core boards if so are they worth the purchase and where did you get yours from?

I use the LION-EV-R-ROUND cutter from www.misterart.com

I have both the base unit and the extension arm, which cut circles up to approximately 16 inches.

Limitations--only cuts the 3/16 inch thick board...not 1/2 inch thick.

I don't know of any kind of circle cutter that cuts the 1/2 inch stuff. You can cut it with an exacto, but it is really hard to get a smooth edge.

I am awaiting new samples from a company that, if I think they are what decorators will want, will start selling premade cake boards in the next couple weeks at very attracive prices in both 1/2 inch and 3/16 inch thicknesses....my samples are slated to be delivered tomorrow by UPS.

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks and your right using the Xacto knife I can't get a smooth cut. I look at the cake artist on TV and there cake rounds are perfect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%