Where To Buy Cake Supplies

Decorating By Smashme Updated 20 Sep 2009 , 11:21pm by tigerhawk83

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:43am
post #1 of 8

I am new to cake decorating, and was just wondering where you buy all of these cake supplies. I have a hobby lobby, and michaels. And i was just wondering where else can you get supplies. Are there any website that you trust and like?

7 replies
chefjess819 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjess819 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 12:57am
post #2 of 8

i buy a lot of my stuff from wal mart b/c the closest hobby store is 2 hrs away. i improvise on somethings...supply boxes by wilton:$40 tool box from hardware:$6. things like that. but the more crafty things, i find on ebay. you can find the odd tips for piping and older pans on there for a really good price. HTH!

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:13am
post #3 of 8

Hi and welcome. I buy the basics from Michaels and always with the coupon. The rest I get online, boxes, speciality pans, gumpaste cutters, cookie cutters, molds, etc. All different sites, including ebay.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 1:15am
post #4 of 8

www.globalsugarart.com all the way thumbs_up.gif This company is amazing...it has anything you can think about and more!

brikl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brikl Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 8

You can try a google search for "cake candy supplies" plus your city name.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 8

globalsugart art is awesome. countrykitchensa [dot] com is good too. for colors i would go over to americolor [dot] org (i think it's org)

Smashme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smashme Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 8

thanks everyone, i'll check out these sites! icon_biggrin.gif

tigerhawk83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigerhawk83 Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 11:21pm
post #8 of 8

We have no Michaels here - so I buy @ HobbyLobby and check the weekly coupon online. I also buy @ Walmart and just signed up for Sams Club to get that heavy duty commercial saran wrap - my grocery store stuff is just too flimsy. I have also found good stuff on Amazon.com, Country Kitchen USA (as mentioned) and eBay (altho know your pricing before you buy anything here). I would also suggest you check the yellow pages in your town for restaurant supply stores - they often have spatulas, pans, tips, etc cheaper and sturdier than consumer goods and are usually open to the public.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%