Help Me With Ideas For My Meet And Greet?

Lounge By three_sets_of_twins Updated 15 Sep 2009 , 3:58am by three_sets_of_twins

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 5:36am
post #1 of 4

Hi ladies,
I decided to make a reservation at a restaurant and invite all the other home bakers in my area to get to know eachother. so far everyone has rsvp'ed yes!
I'd like to make it nice. I was thinking of making little favors to put at each chair on the plates. I was thinking maybe tie a small lace favor bag to a cookie cutter with each ones name on it, but what is something nice I can put into the bag that is baking and cake decorating related? Kind of like a cute little souvinear (sp?) of our get together? (cost friendly!)
Is there anything else I can take with me or do that you reccomend to make it special?? Other than my camera of course!
Im so excited! this is the first time im gonna host something like this!
Thanks in advance!

3 replies
G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 7:37am
post #2 of 4

I love stuff like this and let me say I think this is a fabulous idea.

If your looking for cost friendly you could always do some of the rubber spatulas or wooden spoons. My local dollar store sells them and you get 2-3 for a buck.

The cookie cutter idea is great too, or you could do some sort of flavorings...my local bulk barn sells the candy flavors (but I use them in everything) and perhaps you could attach that to some blank recipe cards and ask everyone to try making something with that flavoring.

Then they could write down the recipe and bring a little sample to your next get together and share it with everyone...

again what a lovely idea and I hope you dont mind but you have inspired me to do the same with a few local bakers I know icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 4

A couple of unusual piping tips? (ie: #63; 349;83 OR 85)
A mini pizza roller magnet (don't know if these are available anymore but were everywhere about 6-8 yrs back. I **love!** mine)
A small pr of tweezers
Pkg of those long toothpicks - not kabob sticks - they're about 3" long w/o frills.

three_sets_of_twins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
three_sets_of_twins Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 3:58am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the great ideas guys! I particularly love the flavoring bottles!
I'm still trying to think up some more things to add to the littl goodie bag..maybe one of those little home made packages? I dont know what theyre called, but you mix in a bumch of little items like salt, bandaid..etc..then theres a note saying "salt, so your life will always have spice, bandaid, so your life wont have any pain..etc...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%