Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

Regulars check in!

Lurkers, come out of the shadows!

79 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:30am
post #2 of 80

I'm just finishing up the third wedding cake. Early night for me tonight!!

jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:31am
post #3 of 80

checking in after a long hiatus. so hi!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:32am
post #4 of 80

I've got to put fondant on my parents' anniversary cake. I don't know why I'm procrastinating so much lately.

lillermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillermom Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:33am
post #5 of 80

I just finished the gumpaste trucks for a cake for Sunday. The layers are cooked and cooling so tomorrow I will have to ice and decorate!

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:34am
post #6 of 80

Dreaming about what cakes I'm going to make for class this week.

leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:35am
post #7 of 80

I'm watching TLC (TV). You know that Reception show? Can't think of the name of it. Anyway, the bride and groom asked that te pasty chef create the cake DURING the reception as "performance art".

Save me.

No, no one has asked me to do that but once they see this crap on TV, you know what's coming next.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:36am
post #8 of 80

About to start over on my daughters cake, tossed the first attempt, now I've changed the design and I'm gonna have to pull and all nighter!
I still have'nt even baked it ...lol

leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:39am
post #9 of 80

Just finished the last birthday cake for tomorrow pick up and will probably wait till morning to start on grandson's spiderman cake for tomorrow evenings party.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:40am
post #10 of 80

Scheduling consults, waiting on a bride to drop by the studio to pay her deposit....woo hoo! Lots of good paying work coming up!

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:40am
post #11 of 80

All my orders were for today. Nothing for tomorrow-I am going fishing with my DH.

leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:46am
post #12 of 80

Jamie, where are you?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:47am
post #13 of 80

Arizona!

luvbugcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbugcreations Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:48am
post #14 of 80

Hi everyone,

Making 100 cupcakes for field day for the soccer association tomorrow. They wanted pirates, ladybugs, and soccer balls. I only have 12 more soccer balls to go. I have been doing them including cooking since 9 am so I will be glad when they are done. I think the soccer balls are a pain enjoyed making the others.

good nite
kerri

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:48am
post #15 of 80

I have a 5-tier cake sitting on my counter, just iced and un-assembled. will deliver tomorrow afternoon and add the borders and the cherry blossom design on-site.

It's for a friend's daughter. Friend owns a wedding chapel and sends me a lot of business. She was great and came over Tuesday to help bake the cake ... and she was a great help!

She provided the cake mixes, eggs and oil, and the gumpaste cherry blossoms. I'm providing all the stuff for the icing, I'm doing all the decorating, and I'm going to deliver, cut-n-serve.

But ...... ! She's giving me an air-brush with lessons on how to use it! So I think I'm coming out ahead on this one! thumbs_up.gif

And did I mention she sends me a LOT of business! icon_rolleyes.gif

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:48am
post #16 of 80

Tomorrow's cake just finished. Not happy. Never happy.
Have a great weekend everybody!

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:49am
post #17 of 80

Trying to decide on a Baptism cake design for a baby boy for Sunday. A double stacked sheet cake is my blank canvas. I'm thinking of a block motiff cross that would say I love Jesus, Jesus Loves Me.

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:49am
post #18 of 80

I have one wedding tomorrow. The cake is iced, just need to stack and add ribbon. Hoping it won't take too long. I am tired today. I even fell asleep on the sofa earlier and I never nap.

Better get to it so I won't be up all night!

leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:54am
post #19 of 80

oooo . . . I keep saying I need to take a class in airbrush. I need some airbrush skilz

indydebi Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #20 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I'm watching TLC (TV). You know that Reception show? Can't think of the name of it.

Aauugghh! You had me in a panic! I thought I was missing that show, but it's not on TLC on my cable now. Whew! So I checked TLC.com and see that I'll catch that episode on 9-18.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:57am
post #21 of 80

Waiting on a cake to cool a bit before I freeze it... Decorating to tomorrow for my babysitter's son's birthday party... I just realized that I am out of foil. Wondering if it will be ok to just freeze it in plastic wrap... hmmmmm....

aquamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aquamom Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:02am
post #22 of 80

I'm here. My daughter and I are putting together a cake for a friend. I just took the chocolate layer out of the oven andput the vanilla layer in--I think I am going to make the frosting to night. We have a busy day tomorrow so no matter what I do I'll have to get up at 4am to put it all together. I'm not a late night owl--more of an early--early morning person.

leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:04am
post #23 of 80

[quote="indydebi"][quote="leah_s"]I'm watching TLC (TV). You know that Reception show? Can't think of the name of it. [/quote]
Aauugghh! You had me in a panic! I thought I was missing that show, but it's not on TLC on my cable now. Whew! So I checked TLC.com and see that I'll catch that episode on 9-18.[/quote]

Oh yeah, it was just a preview.

leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:05am
post #24 of 80

[quote="snocilla"]Waiting on a cake to cool a bit before I freeze it... Decorating to tomorrow for my babysitter's son's birthday party... I just realized that I am out of foil. Wondering if it will be ok to just freeze it in plastic wrap... hmmmmm....[/quote]

plastic wrap is all I ever use!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:08am
post #25 of 80

ugh, just put my lemon cake in the oven, go to clean my bowl and beaters only to find out ALL my lemon zest is stuck to my beaters!
I knew this would happen and in my rush forgot icon_sad.gif
Oh well, now onto strawberry cake.

Would it taste good if I alternated lemon and strawberry cake layers in the same cake?

indydebi Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:09am
post #26 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocilla

Waiting on a cake to cool a bit before I freeze it... Decorating to tomorrow for my babysitter's son's birthday party... I just realized that I am out of foil. Wondering if it will be ok to just freeze it in plastic wrap... hmmmmm....

same here. Besides, if you wrap it in foil, then you can't see what flavor the cake is.

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:10am
post #27 of 80
Quote:
Quote:

Cool, I thought it would be fine, just usually use foil over the plastic wrap... I think I'm going to bed... I have to get up early to decorate!

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:13am
post #28 of 80

hi all im a lurker coming out of the shadows lol!! this morning i did a thomas cake for a little boy, and now ill be working on a baby shower cake (im soo excited i got the baby mold from 1st impressions!! cant wait to use it!!

leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:14am
post #29 of 80

[quote="CakeMommyTX"]ugh, just put my lemon cake in the oven, go to clean my bowl and beaters only to find out ALL my lemon zest is stuck to my beaters!
I knew this would happen and in my rush forgot icon_sad.gif
Oh well, now onto strawberry cake.

Would it taste good if I alternated lemon and strawberry cake layers in the same cake?[/quote]

mmm . . . strawberry lemonade icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:15am
post #30 of 80

Well, the quote function certainly isn't working for me. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%