babykonst Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:17am
post #32 of 80

mm that does sound yummy!!!

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:20am
post #33 of 80
Quote:
Quote:

same here. Besides, if you wrap it in foil, then you can't see what flavor the cake is.

IndyDeb, you always make me laugh... but I don't have that problem, I'm never working on more than one cake at a time!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:21am
post #34 of 80

Sooo . . . you are sooo gonna laugh at me over this one. I have "discovered" a way to speed up my base ice.

About 10 years ago I tried that giant icer tip and threw it down because just didn't like it. Been putting the base ice on with a spatula ever since.

Tried it again last week, and now I love it. My base ice time has been cut in half, at least. maybe more. On Tuesday I base iced and decorated a two tier cake in 30 minutes. Maybe less.

lorijom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorijom Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:25am
post #35 of 80

Hi everybody...what is it with Fridays? Everybody calls wanting a cake for the weekend...this weekend!!! I'm almost to the point of not answering the phone on Fridays. My website says on multiple pages minimum of one week notice for cakes and yet every Friday it's the same thing ..... unbelievable!!

leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:27am
post #36 of 80

Welcome to the FNCC, babykonst. I've been trying to order that baby mold and GSA seems to run out of inventory quickly!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:32am
post #37 of 80

Strawberry Lemonade was what I was thinking also, now I have strawberry and lemon bc, alternate those to you think?
I'm trying to be creative and it's just not coming to me, lemon was "outside the box" for me..lol

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:35am
post #38 of 80

I've done strawberry lemonade before...swirled the two batters together.

Angfastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angfastic Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:36am
post #39 of 80

I'm working on a wizard of oz baby shower cake due tomorrow. Just took my 2 10 in rounds of of the oven. I hope my sam's icing is still good because I don't feel like making icing. I've yet to attempt making the shoes or the rainbow for the cake. It is going to be a long night and I'm already tired. Just got in from Vegas yesterday.

d3sc3n7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
d3sc3n7 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:43am
post #40 of 80

I'm planning 3 cakes, due next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 1 was ordered yesterday, and 2 today. Guess I have a busy week coming up! All 3 are baby showers, all 3 are girls.

I've got 2 pretty well planned...I'm stuck on the third.

CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:43am
post #41 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I've done strawberry lemonade before...swirled the two batters together.

I thought about that but I had already put my lemon cake in when I had the idea.
Sounds refreshing.

CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:44am
post #42 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3sc3n7

I'm planning 3 cakes, due next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. 1 was ordered yesterday, and 2 today. Guess I have a busy week coming up! All 3 are baby showers, all 3 are girls.

Whats the theme for the 3rd I'm sure we can help you with ideas?

d3sc3n7 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:47am
post #43 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3sc3n7

Whats the theme for the 3rd I'm sure we can help you with ideas?

They didnt really give a theme. Just said pink and purple....its a 2 tier (6 and 8in)

leah_s Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:48am
post #44 of 80

OK, my kitchen is reasonably clean, so I'm heading off to bed or a book. "Carry on!" "Make it work!"

sew4children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sew4children Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:49am
post #45 of 80

Delivered 32 cookies this morning (footballs and megaphones), three cookie cakes (1/2 sheet size) were picked up this afternoon. Now I am baking for tomorrow. I have a two tier Dora cake with 24 cupcakes. After tomorrow's delivery, I have to get started on a 3 tier, elaborate bridal shower cake for a customer's office party on Monday.

Busy weekend!

CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:55am
post #46 of 80

Have you seen/tried one of the cakes with the baby clothesline on them? I love those and I have'nt got a chance to do one.
You could switch up the colors.
Here's a few examples...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1249004
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1197611
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1166081

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:56am
post #47 of 80

Hey, Y'all! I am just lurking around. Don't know if anyone is still up? So I am making my daughters 4th bday cake for tomorrow. She wanted a princess jewelry box cake. I made my 1st gumpaste shoe. Turned out so cute until I tried to paint on luster dust. I felt like the ugly stepsister must have felt trying to get the glass slipper on. Wanting to chuck it against the wall after she just couldnt get it. Well I discovered clear vanilla is like polish remover! So my ? is... Do you paint the dust on before it dries? Oh - Oh- OH... and How long do you have to let royal icing tiaras dry?

Texas_Rose Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 3:57am
post #48 of 80

The clothesline is a great idea! I've always wanted to do one too.

I've never made a baby shower cake. Isn't that weird?

d3sc3n7 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:01am
post #49 of 80

I was thinking something along the lines of the 3rd one.

Almost like a package cake (if thats what its called) White base, with their color choices in strips on the bottom layer, then some baby decorations and whatnot on the top.

I'm working my sketches right now...problem is...pencil and paper...I cant draw worth a crap.

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:04am
post #50 of 80

Drooling over my new book that arrived today - Collette Peters Cakes to Dream On. I've got a 60th birthday cake in a week and a half and I think I've been inspired by something in the book!
Making Duff roses and misc fondant decos for furture use and now it's bedtime.
Good night!!

mwest110 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mwest110 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:05am
post #51 of 80

I just delivered a small batch of cupcakes. My trainers daughter turned 13 today and she requested vanilla cupcakes and I got to pick the icing. I used the ICBB and added Oreo crumbs with mini Oreo's on top.

We did a trade in services. I totally came out ahead, one month unlimited time at the workout studio for 24 cupcakes.

kaseyrconnect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaseyrconnect Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:21am
post #52 of 80

I have 3 cakes crumbcoated ready to be iced but I'm having trouble concentrating on the cakes because I am now the proud grandmother of my 3rd grandson. He was born yesterday and is the first child for my youngest son. I wish I could just wiggle my nose and the cakes would just decorate themselves.

CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:22am
post #53 of 80
Quote:

The clothesline is a great idea! I've always wanted to do one too.

I've never made a baby shower cake. Isn't that weird?

Are'nt they cute, I've tried to convince customers to get one a few times but they always pick something else.
Do you do mostly wedding cakes?
I stick to shower and b-day cakes, wedding cakes are too much stress for me!

Mom0971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom0971 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:23am
post #54 of 80

Hi all, I am a lurker here finally coming out of the shadows. I have 2 cakes for next week that I am scheming and figuring out what i am going to do with them. One is Dora with purple background and the other Superman made out of spice cake. I agreed to the Superman cake without realizing that I didn't have the pan for him so I called my Wilton instructor and she loaned me Superman. The great thing is that these cakes are for the same family. Funny I have been making cakes for years without formal instruction and I finally decided to take the Wilton class. Um better late than never. Look forward to getting to know y'all with many happy cakes to come. icon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:27am
post #55 of 80

I only bake for friends and family...and no one has had a baby since I had mine. So no baby shower cakes for me yet...

I did my first wedding cake two months ago, so now I know I can do it if I ever need to, but it's not as much fun as things with color.

I'm sort of doing a wedding cake tonight, my parents' anniversary cake but my mom wants it to look like a wedding cake. It's not that big though, a 6" tier that's also 6" high, and a 10" tier that's a normal height. The 6" will have a silhouette of a wedding couple in black, and I haven't decided what the bottom tier will have other than a black fondant ribbon around the base. I may do swags because I haven't done them before, or if my fondant acts up, which it may because of the humidity here right now with all the rain, I'll use molded details to hide trouble spots.

I need to get off this computer and start working on the things icon_biggrin.gif but I just can't get motivated.

CakeMommyTX Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:29am
post #56 of 80

ok so it seems I can't make a decision all by myself tonight,I need ya'll help with this design.
1. are the 2 many bows?
2. Should I switch the green to pink and add more green stripes? The green will be a softer mint green, not bright like the drawing.
LL

Texas_Rose Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:33am
post #57 of 80

Hi, Mom0971! Welcome! icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and Cakemommy, I like your design exactly as it is! I like the lime green in the drawing too though.

Mom0971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom0971 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:38am
post #58 of 80

yeah the humidity is killer on fondant and BC. Glad I am not making a cake today. We needed the rain so desperately taht I don't think many people are complaining. I live right outside of SA in Schertz so hi neighbor. Oh the sketch looks really cool. I love the colors.

Texas_Rose Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:41am
post #59 of 80

Hi neighbor!!!

There's a bunch of folks in the area on CC.

We did need the rain. I hope we get a break from it though or we'll need a boat too icon_biggrin.gif I got out my dehumidifer and I've been running it for a few hours so hopefully my fondant will behave. I covered a piece of styrofoam with it earlier today and it was really sticky and gooey even a few hours later, so I've kind of put off doing the cake.

d3sc3n7 Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 4:44am
post #60 of 80
Quote:

I'll use molded details to hide trouble spots

I thought that was the standard?! HA!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%