Amia Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:33am
post #61 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by txcupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amia

Hey Cassi, let's change the Beatles theme to ghetto...after all, DH is from the ghetto.... icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

YES!!! It will be my greatest work, complete with edible grillz: one for the bride and one for the groom! And the inscription can say, "Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta". icon_lol.gif

Is it sad that when I hear that, I think of Office Space? When they are beating up the copy machine? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

geeze, I am SUCH white bread! icon_lol.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Summer! That's not PC. icon_eek.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:35am
post #62 of 77

Shoot. OK....I am such a Caucasian.

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:35am
post #63 of 77

Summer, I need to take you down to my old neighborhood where people are still bumpin' that song. It's a pretty great song, actually. The Ghetto Boys are from Houston, you know. One of my friends from high school is on tour with Bushwick Bill.

("Who's Bushwick Bill?", everyone asks. icon_lol.gif )

summernoelle Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:37am
post #64 of 77
Quote:

Summer, I need to take you down to my old neighborhood where people are still bumpin' that song. It's a pretty great song, actually. The Ghetto Boys are from Houston, you know. One of my friends from high school is on tour with Bushwick Bill.

Can we go before I move? I can make a trip down there and trick my husband into thinking that it's to see family. icon_wink.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:38am
post #65 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Quote:

Can we go before I move? I can make a trip down there and trick my husband into thinking that it's to see family. icon_wink.gif

Only if I can go too!

summernoelle Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:39am
post #66 of 77

Yay! Sounds like a plan man.

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:55am
post #67 of 77

I think a really cool border would be a row of white fondant squares, individually outlined on 3 sides with gold. Every 4 or so squares would have a candy diamond "bling" in the middle of it.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:08am
post #68 of 77

I live in a ghetto neighborhood. Come stay at my house for a week, and take notes.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:18am
post #69 of 77

I know who Bushwick Bill is & I'm a Cali girl. But I do have to say all of you are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

Okay, lets just be honest. Sterotypes are wrong, cause some people use them to blanket an entire culture, when not everbody meets the requiremets of those sterotype. But, it's not cause sterotypes are totally inaccurate. they can be vary accurate. And some look at those cultural sterotypes with a little pride. I'm not talking about racist observations, they are diferent from sterotypes. I now live in the south & the white people around here that are rednecks are proud ot if. they feel they've stayed true to their redneck upbringing. Strong, moral, family values. They didn't all grow up racist. Ghetto people (such as myself) grew up with a certain sense of family values and standards as well. Both cultures would look down on any person who had no sense of values or family obligations. It's not a racist thing, its not just to generalize a cultural, its just the way it is some times.

gourmetsharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetsharon Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:39am
post #70 of 77

Can't wait to see this cake also!
Good luck! Sounds like you have alot of good ideas now.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:44am
post #71 of 77

I don't feel anyone was Politically Incorrect or even hinting at being a racist no matter if they called someone a Red Neck or some one from the Ghetto. I feel that if this is where you are from, all that matters is that you work, are honest and take care of your family. If you do not then that is what brings the bad mark against you, not your race. All people in a depressed area are not bad and the CC'rs are not stereo typing, they are using a term to describe a part of a culture of an area and it can have many part to describe it. I say go on with the cake and show us the pictures and who cares about those that may feel that you stepped on a toe.
evelyn

tx_cupcake Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 1:45am
post #72 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

I know who Bushwick Bill is & I'm a Cali girl. But I do have to say all of you are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

Okay, lets just be honest. Sterotypes are wrong, cause some people use them to blanket an entire culture, when not everbody meets the requiremets of those sterotype. But, it's not cause sterotypes are totally inaccurate. they can be vary accurate. And some look at those cultural sterotypes with a little pride. I'm not talking about racist observations, they are diferent from sterotypes. I now live in the south & the white people around here that are rednecks are proud ot if. they feel they've stayed true to their redneck upbringing. Strong, moral, family values. They didn't all grow up racist. Ghetto people (such as myself) grew up with a certain sense of family values and standards as well. Both cultures would look down on any person who had no sense of values or family obligations. It's not a racist thing, its not just to generalize a cultural, its just the way it is some times.

Very well said, LaBellaFlor! Some people are shocked to hear about where I grew up because I don't fit the particular stereotype of the neighborhood. Just because I don't look the part doesn't mean it's not a part of who I am, or that I can't/don't identify. Many ignorant people would call me a racist when I talk about things I know to be true about the culture in which I was raised because they assume I'm some spoiled, white girl with daddy's credit card. And they couldn't be more wrong! Seriously, this issue is so far from black and white, it's red! icon_lol.gif
(And it warms my heart that you know who Bushwick Bill is!)

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:26pm
post #73 of 77

Thanks everyone for all the ideas. I definately have alot to go on now. I have yet to bake this cake so I will be working on it today and will post pics tomorrow when I am done. All u guys are great for helping me and you are all so funny!!!

summernoelle Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 4:35pm
post #74 of 77

Can't wait to see it!

rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 8:16pm
post #75 of 77

I just got the cake done. I am not really too happy with how it turned out. Oh, well. I hope she likes it. Let me know what u think!!! Thanks for all the help and ideas!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1453370&done=1

tx_cupcake Posted 4 Sep 2009 , 11:34pm
post #76 of 77

I think it turned out great! Very ghetto, indeed. thumbs_up.gif

summernoelle Posted 6 Sep 2009 , 4:21am
post #77 of 77

Ha ha! Adorable!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%