Ordering Bubble Tea Straws?

Decorating By sweetcakesbydesign Updated 27 Aug 2009 , 3:38am by FlourPots

sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 4:13am
post #1 of 9

Where do you order your straws? Will bubble tea straws ship fast? And will they hold up a three tier cake?

Thanks

8 replies
sweetcakesbydesign Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbydesign Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:01am
post #2 of 9

anyone?

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:06am
post #3 of 9

Google Bubble Tea Straws

kricket Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kricket Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:19am
post #4 of 9

I have had stacking challenges in the past, so learning about bubble tea straws from sugarshack's DVD was an answer to my prayers. After an online search, I just ordered from the seller with the best price. They arrived very quickly. I used them for the first time in last weekend's three-tiered cake. No problems during delivery or with set-up. Much better than doweling. I'm a bubble tea straw believer now!

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 5:32am
post #5 of 9

I just went down to the local asian market and purchased 2 packages of bubble tea straws. They came out to under $2 each. They are nice and sturdy. I have made a 3 tier cake using straws. It would also be wise to put a long dowel running through all tiers for extra stability.

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 12:47pm
post #6 of 9

I just bought 4 packages of 48 on ebay last night. Each package was $.99. The shipping was discounted for the bunch. The total came to $12.76. The seller is in CA and has already shipped.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:01pm
post #7 of 9

www.bobateadirect.com that's where I got mine and shipping time depends on where you live, or you can pay more for faster shipping, and they work well on three tier cakes, like Normita says, put one or two long dowels for extra support, the three tier cake in my pics were made using bubble tea straws

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Aug 2009 , 1:32pm
post #8 of 9

I have used them on a 4 tier with no problem. Here is the pic of it - you can see it is perfectly straight!
LL

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 3:38am
post #9 of 9

Here's where I got mine (in 4 days): http://cgi.ebay.com/172-Giant-Boba-milk-Tea-straws-smoothie-Thai-Bubble_W0QQitemZ320358525061QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4a96db2885&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I was very happy with these because they're slightly sturdier than a set of 50 I got at another on-line site.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%