Most Ridiculous Cake Item

Decorating By CutiePieCakes-Ontario Updated 28 Aug 2009 , 1:07pm by PuffCake

prtygrl770 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prtygrl770 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:26pm
post #121 of 126

has your husband been watching spongebob, that sounds like a pieces krabs asking him to get, i know where spongebob got his, but where did ur husband get urs

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 8:58pm
post #122 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

The letter press from Wilton is one of the worst items I have. The letters keep moving and shifting.

I have the letter press things too, but they work just fine for me because I don't use the holder gadget. I lay a long piece of masking tape on my table, sticky side up, and after making sure the letters are in the right order I stick the flat backs of the letters on the tape, spaced however close or far apart needed. Press down gently to make sure everything is stuck well and fold over the extra tape on the ends to make "handles". Pick up the whole thing and flip it over. Smooth the tape on the back to assure everything is secure and then press your word(s) onto the cake. You can even use this method on the sides of a round cake.

Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say.

Well now isn't that clever! And I was going to throw it away next time I ran across it. Thanks for the tip.

cindy1176 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy1176 Posted 27 Aug 2009 , 9:13pm
post #123 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

I have the letter press things too, but they work just fine for me because I don't use the holder gadget. I lay a long piece of masking tape on my table, sticky side up, and after making sure the letters are in the right order I stick the flat backs of the letters on the tape, spaced however close or far apart needed. Press down gently to make sure everything is stuck well and fold over the extra tape on the ends to make "handles". Pick up the whole thing and flip it over. Smooth the tape on the back to assure everything is secure and then press your word(s) onto the cake. You can even use this method on the sides of a round cake.

Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say.

Awesome idea!!! Thanks...will try that on tomorrows cake icon_biggrin.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 3:37am
post #124 of 126

For the wax paper squares, I used my scrapbooking paper cutter and did tons one night watching tv. Measured 1 inch and 1 1/2 inch squares.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 5:04am
post #125 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

For the wax paper squares, I used my scrapbooking paper cutter and did tons one night watching tv. Measured 1 inch and 1 1/2 inch squares.

Btw, what do you do with small wax paper squares?

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 1:07pm
post #126 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

Btw, what do you do with small wax paper squares?

You make royal icing flowers on them on top of a flower nail. Then you set each paper square (with its flower on top) in a flower former or flat surface to dry. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%