So Ive Decided!

Decorating By katy625 Updated 16 Jan 2007 , 10:15pm by NewbeeBaker

katy625 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katy625 Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 7:05am
post #1 of 14

Yep, I have finally decided to do a castle cake for Eva's first birthday this weekend! Big undertaking seeing is how I've never done one. I'm excited though. Anyhoo, I wanted to know if anyone has any tips or help for me so I don't make it look like a 2yr old did it?!

13 replies
aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 11:40am
post #2 of 14

I'm sure you will manage to make a perfectly good job of your cake with no worries. thumbs_up.gif My only advice is don't fret over it. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result! You go for it! icon_wink.gif

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 12:29pm
post #3 of 14

Cool! I was kind of hoping that my 4 yr old Olivia would pick a castle cake...we have until the end of August for her to decide! So far she wants Shrek. I have to make Sesame Street for my 18 month old. She is in love with Elmo like most kids her age. That won't be until July. I already am beginning to think it out and plan for them. Good luck with the castle. Wish I could offer some tips but I've never made one either. They are so pretty...maybe my sis in law will ask me to do one for my neice! lol.

jamiesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiesue Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 12:38pm
post #4 of 14

My first ever decorated cake was a castle cake for my 4 year old. If you look in my photo's you'll see it and my other cakes are far from the talent on here (I've actually done better ones, just had problems posting).

Anyway, I wanted to make the towers edible so I used twinkies. I cut the rounded ends off and stacked them end to end. Then put a bamboo skewer through them and used tooth picks and icing to anchor them to the cake. I let my daughter help b'c she loves to do anything in the kitchen and we had a lot of fun. Enjoy it!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 14

I actually have the instructions for my Disney Princess castle cake typed out. Would you like a copy? Even if you don't make the exact same castle, you may use one of the techniques.

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 14

Diane:
I would like the instructions also if you don't mind. Would you mind emailing them to me? My email is [email protected]. Thank you so much.

Ann

sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 2:39pm
post #7 of 14

Diane,
I am new to this site, but if I could get those instructions, I would appreciate it very much. This will only be my second cake and I need all of the help I can get! My e-mail is [email protected] Thank you so much for your help!!! p.s. That is a beautiful cake!
Thanks,

Michele

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 2:50pm
post #8 of 14

I'd like them too, but please PM them to me --

ladies please be aware for your own protection that there are insidious people trolling websites for emails for no good purposes. For your own privacy, ask that people please PM you with instructions.

jovigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jovigirl Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 3:01pm
post #9 of 14

Hi Diane!

By any chance can I get the instructions too? [email protected]

TIA

NoviceBaker2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NoviceBaker2 Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 3:09pm
post #10 of 14

Could you please pm those directions to me also. Thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

JulieBee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBee Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 3:13pm
post #11 of 14

I really like your Disney Princess Caste. Please email me a copy of the instructions...... [email protected]

TIA!!

Julie

EvieP606 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvieP606 Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 3:26pm
post #12 of 14

OH, oh, me too!!! Can you please PM me the instructions? You did a fantastic job icon_biggrin.gif

NikkiDoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NikkiDoc Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 4:19pm
post #13 of 14

lol...count me in. You can email or pm. [email protected] Thanks so much.

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 16 Jan 2007 , 10:15pm
post #14 of 14

Being that sometimes people cannot get the instructions for things to fit in the PM's, you can always PM your email address to the person you wish to get the info from. That way you can still keep your email info off of the public boards=) Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%