Help! Need Sweetex

Decorating By alysonjt Updated 19 Aug 2009 , 9:38pm by mrsmudrash

alysonjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysonjt Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:06am
post #1 of 5

Where do you order your Sweetex? Global Sugar Art is the only site I'm familiar with that carries it and apparently they aren't shipping it until the fall so I'm looking for another reputable supplier.

TIA

4 replies
sleeper713 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sleeper713 Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 2:16am
post #2 of 5

Check with a local restaurant supply store. I've never used Sweetex, but a really good little bakery near me uses a super-quick blend shortening from Wesson... I used to buy it from them until I found out that the restaurant supply store sells it for half of what the bakery sells it for at retail. Plus, I didn't have to wait for delivery or worry about it melting in the back of a delivery truck. It was like Christmas when I found that stuff! icon_biggrin.gif

grandmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmom Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 4:14pm
post #3 of 5

I jus got two 4-lb pails at www.thebakerskitchen.com. They repackage Sweetex under their own brand, according to a reliable poster on this forum - see thread below. Just be sure to select the shortening that says HIGH RATIO.

It was hotter than blue blazes when I ordered, yet it arrived in great condition. However, TBK is just a state or so away from me.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-646579-.html

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 5

You can get the 50 lb. cubes from GFS - they may have to order it in though.

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 19 Aug 2009 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 5

Cash N Carry is our local grocery/restaurant supplier and they have the 50lb boxes of it for only $65!! If you live by a Cash N Carry, that's the way to go!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%