What Is The Best Fondant Recipe?

Baking By sugarMomma Updated 15 Aug 2009 , 2:00pm by sugarMomma

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 6:56pm
post #1 of 4

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it so I am asking it again....

I have made MMF once, years ago, but now prefer to buy Satin Ice to save time and cleaning chores. However, I was asked to make a short notice cake for which I need red fondant (yikes!) and no time to order it.

The prices at the local cake store are over twice of that online @ GSA, so I will give making it another shot. But there are so many recipes to choose from! I made red MMF that first time and had to add sooo much color that the MMF was overly soft and stretchy. I really like the consistency of Satin Ice, so which recipe would best suit me?

Also, do you think I can make white fondant out of Ivory satin Ice if I add Americolor Super White?

Thanks for your input!

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 4

Hi there, I really like Michele Fosters fondant. Its so delicious. But haven't made other colours except white! icon_smile.gif

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 4

michelle foster recipe is good and so is satin ice and chocopan! thumbs_up.gif

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 15 Aug 2009 , 2:00pm
post #4 of 4

I wanted to buy some choco-pan in black, but GSA was out of stock. I've heard it tastes great! (not sure what black tastes like, but have heard others are great)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%