Ices 2010

Decorating By Jenn2179 Updated 7 Nov 2009 , 12:00am by andpotts

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:45am
post #1 of 50

I know that ICES 2009 was just wrapped up but I couldn't go. I am so hoping to go to San Diego next year. I went to college there and haven't been back since I graduated 8 years ago. So I am starting to plan for next year. Anyone else as excited as I am?

49 replies
Ladybug78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladybug78 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 1:59am
post #2 of 50

I am new to ICES I am waiting for the ICES meeting in charlotte, NC I think it will be in 2011, I think. Are you a member? If so what is the process like?

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 6:30am
post #3 of 50

check their website www.ices.org for more information

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 2:08am
post #4 of 50

ICES is a wonderful organization that can increase your skills 10 fold.

I'm our MI secretary icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 12 Aug 2009 , 5:17am
post #5 of 50

I am excited because San Diego is about a 6 hour drive from me. I know a BUNCH of us Arizona girls are planning on going together next year. From what I've heard about in the past, it'll be awesome!

KimAZ

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 3:38am
post #6 of 50

They already have a website up for it icon_biggrin.gif
http://www.ices10.org/

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:06am
post #7 of 50

I will not be able to attend as I have 2 major & costly events next year, so I'm bummed. I WILL be going the following year when it is in Charlottesville, NC! Thats only a couple of hours from me, so I'm very happy about that.

sugarbuddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbuddy Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:23am
post #8 of 50

I just got back from the ICES convention & it was GREAT! So many ideas & awesome tips! However, I am a bit poorer as I bought alot of "Must Haves"!!! I can't wait to go next year!

Lynnzee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynnzee Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:28am
post #9 of 50

I was able to go to Florida in 08 and that was a blast. It was my first convention. I dont think I will be able to go to San diego, But I know I will be going to Charlotte. I can not wait!!!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:20pm
post #10 of 50

San Diego is a maybe.....but Charlotte is a definate! (that one is drivable for me) This year was my first time, and I cannot wait for the next chance I have to go. Our cake club is already planning on renting a van to drive to Charlotte!

becklynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becklynn Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:06pm
post #11 of 50

Hey Cindy!
Glad I finally caught up with you at ICES - thanks for pin!
It was great to meet you - I am planning to go in 2010 too!
Becky

becklynn Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:10pm
post #12 of 50

Hey Cindy!
Glad I finally caught up with you at ICES - thanks for pin!
It was great to meet you - I am planning to go in 2010 too!
Becky

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:18pm
post #13 of 50

I'm super excited! I'm from Southern California but now live outside Toronto so it's going to be a trip to see my family and my first ICES convention. Woohoo!

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:21pm
post #14 of 50

I am definately going to Charlotte too because I live 2 hours from there.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 4:21pm
post #15 of 50

Definitely there...2.5 hours away!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 8:50pm
post #16 of 50

Hi Becklynn!! It was great meeting you too. I still am talking about those 2 little old ladies who gave me the goodies, they were so sweet! (if you have an address for them, I would love to have it to send them a litttle note) I miss all the friends I met there already.

becklynn Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 9:06pm
post #17 of 50

Sure I'll send that to youicon_smile.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:02pm
post #18 of 50

I'm excited that ICES will be in Charlotte, it's only a 3 hour drive for me!!!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:15pm
post #19 of 50

Can't wait for Charlotte, either! Only 1 hour away for me!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 2:19pm
post #20 of 50

I am in NY and am hoping to go also

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 23 Aug 2009 , 7:53pm
post #21 of 50

Not sure yet, but I would love to go to the 2010 event.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 24 Aug 2009 , 11:25pm
post #22 of 50

me too!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 2:43am
post #23 of 50

i have never been to an ices convention...wish i could. what goes on there??? icon_confused.gif

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 25 Aug 2009 , 5:20am
post #24 of 50

I am wondering the same as you diane. I hope to find out though - I live close enough to make it a day trip. Yeah!! I hadn't realized til recently that you can just pay $10 to view the stuff; I thought it was like a $300 commitment. Here's some info from the hosting organization http://www.ices10.org/pages/FAQs.htm - I haven't read the whole page yet but of course I would really love to hear more from CCers who have been to ICES conventions. You might want to check the forums too as I know I saw a big thread for the one that just concluded.

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 6:59pm
post #25 of 50

Hey everyone! I am also planning to go to ICES 2010 (im just trying to find someone to go with me..its a long trip by my lonesome icon_sad.gif )

Is ICES similar to cake camp? I have never been to either but do they do classes and things like that as well that you can sign up for ahead of time?

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 7:36pm
post #26 of 50

I'm preparing for 2010 too and am really looking forward to it(my first) but unlike many of you guys its a whole continent away icon_lol.gif I'm in Africa, but I'll make it hopefully!!!!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 7:36pm
post #27 of 50

The biggest part of the Ices Convention (check out their website for more information) is the demo's. They have some hands on demo's that cost more money but you get to learn something by physically doing it. The bulk of the demo's are not hands on though. You get to sit and listen to someone doing it infront of you and take notes and ask questions.

There is also a vendor's room that usually has a large number of different vendors selling products. I want to say this last year had 80 something vendors. There is also the cake room to see all the talent and get ideas from.

I haven't been to a cake camp either, so I can't complair the two to each out. Sorry.

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 7:52pm
post #28 of 50

Ya i just finished reading all the FAQ's on the ICES website. I just want to do as many things as possible.

Also has anyone ever brought family with them? My mom might come with me, does she need to get a membership with ICES to be able to come into the convention? She wouldnt be doing any classes or anything just more following be around so i dont have to be by myself...i dont have any cake friends i can go with

DakotaDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DakotaDesigns Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:17pm
post #29 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ169

Ya i just finished reading all the FAQ's on the ICES website. I just want to do as many things as possible.

Also has anyone ever brought family with them? My mom might come with me, does she need to get a membership with ICES to be able to come into the convention? She wouldnt be doing any classes or anything just more following be around so i dont have to be by myself...i dont have any cake friends i can go with

Thats what I was wondering as well. I have been tallying the registration fee's and classes and membership fee's along with hotel accomidations and this will be one of the most expensive things I've done in my life although I've NEVER been on a "vacation" and if I could have my choice, this would be it! I would love love love to bring my fiance though and was wondering if it would be an additional charge for him to come to the convention with me. Would I have to register him at the $330 price to be able to have him with me every step of the way? Any advice from cc'ers who've been through the ropes would be great!

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 4 Nov 2009 , 9:25pm
post #30 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarshack

me too!

Sharon, are you teaching, visisting, or having a booth?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%