To All Ccers!

Decorating By diane Updated 13 Aug 2009 , 1:58am by miss-tiff

MelissaMay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MelissaMay Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 8:46pm
post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakemom777

And in the interim, I'd LOVE for people to tell ME about THEIR cakes when they post them. NO description for me means no comment wanted. TELL me...is it fondant? buttercream? any insights? I think the best way to educate people is to post a brilliant cake and tell everyone how you made it!

I agree, Well said!

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 10 Aug 2009 , 9:23pm
post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakemom777

And in the interim, I'd LOVE for people to tell ME about THEIR cakes when they post them. NO description for me means no comment wanted. TELL me...is it fondant? buttercream? any insights? I think the best way to educate people is to post a brilliant cake and tell everyone how you made it!

I agree, Well said!

i especially like when someone tells us what they used in making their cake! thumbs_up.gif this is soo helpful to all of us here on CC!! icon_wink.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 12:02am
post #33 of 40

Then you get the comments of "I don't want to know your cake's entire history" posts. We will never make everyone happy so a lot of us have given up.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 12:05am
post #34 of 40

you don't have to read what they wrote if you don't want to...just post a comment about the cake. icon_wink.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 11 Aug 2009 , 2:20am
post #35 of 40

Oh I know... I don't read at all. I have given up posting pictures and commenting. If there is someone who had asked for my help with something and they let me know they posted a picture I will comment... other than that I don't even look at pictures.

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:17am
post #36 of 40

I look at pics when the poster's description and topic catches my attention. Otherwise, I unfortunately don't have the free time to comment in detail on cakes. I often do 'great cake' or 'cute cake', and hadn't realized it was insulting to some.

I guess if you want to be critiqued, then ask in your topic, and ask for no other responses?

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:27am
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcake

I look at pics when the poster's description and topic catches my attention. Otherwise, I unfortunately don't have the free time to comment in detail on cakes. I often do 'great cake' or 'cute cake', and hadn't realized it was insulting to some.

I guess if you want to be critiqued, then ask in your topic, and ask for no other responses?

"Cute Cake" , "Great cake" are not really seen as insulting, atleast not to me...but it gets to be pointless when people just say it as a way to mark the fact that they "looked" at your cake.

I think with the many, many, many cakes uploaded nowadays, that it is inevitable that many will go without comment. I don't see that as being a bad thing. I think when the responses to specific questions and the pleas for help on various subjects go unanswered, that is when the whole teaching/learning/value of this site goes down.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:30am
post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane

can everyone here, when they come on cc, go to the gallery and comment on one cake...at least one, every time you log on???

there is soo many cakes, and so few gallery supporters. many of the cakes are by newbies, and those who are just starting out, and they really need our support. if you are a pro and have been doing cakes for a while, you know how it is when you first started out. i think that's why cc was started...and it remains to be a free place for all of us!

lets please all try and help out those who are struggling to learn!

-thanks!! thumbs_up.gif

Well said. I totally agree.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:30am
post #39 of 40

I tell you, when you are just learning, it's a real boost to your confidence when someone actually puts one of your cakes in their favs!!!!

miss-tiff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miss-tiff Posted 13 Aug 2009 , 1:58am
post #40 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisskween

I prefer honesty. If there is something wrong and you know a way to do it better, I appreciate feed back like that.

This is so tricky, though. It's the whole, "Does this make me look fat?" question, but asked to a large audience instead of a very good friend.
Very hard to answer honestly and not be seen as rude, even if the person asked for a critique.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%